Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #15
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I had the same issue on last Sundays road trip
One stretch of 100 miles of so, the HUD would fade away to nothing.
When song changed it comes back, the fades away again
The after a pitstop, next time I started the car, it was fine

So I'm doing a road trip tonite, Richmond, va back home to Canada
So I guess I'll find out if it works for the whole trip

Last edited by TomF1; 06-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
HUD Issues

Hey Guys,

My HUD was acting up today on my way back from work. I usually leave it 'ON' so every time I turn on the car it comes on by itself. What happened today was after getting off from work when I turned the car on and left the parking lot and had just come to the first stop at a signal light the HUD just faded away and disappeared even though the brightness was turned up all the way and the for the rest of my drive to home, it would just come back at a random time and again fade away and it kept doing that.

In my attempt and hopes of fixing it, I ended up pulling over on freeway once and actually turned the car off and opened the door to shut the electronics off. Tried to do the same when I was stopped at a signal light. And every time I turned the car back on and it did the same thing and faded away.

Then once I got home, I had the car in driveway for just a little over 5mins (turned off) before pulling it in the garage and at that time when I was pulling it in garage the HUD seemed to stay on. This has happened first time and my car is only 1month old with only 1130miles on it.

Should I wait and see if it does it again or take it to the dealership?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
Jebario

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Black/Inferno Orange
Mine did that too. Slowly fades to off. No pattern that I can detect. Did it several times while driving, hasn't happened since.

Jeff
Jebario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
pmandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebario View Post
Mine did that too. Slowly fades to off. No pattern that I can detect. Did it several times while driving, hasn't happened since.

Jeff
Exactly what happened to me. It would come on and then slowly fade off even with the brightness set up all high and it kept doing this randomly. I hope it won't happen again.

Last edited by pmandeep; 06-22-2013 at 08:38 AM.
pmandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #19
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
I've had it happen twice in the past 3 months. I've noticed when its off, if the song changes or if you put the blinker on, it comes back on for a few secs after the song title appears, then fades away, or until the you turn the blinker off the it fades again.
CrtRS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Mine did that fade away thing once.
Was back to normal next time I started it and fine for the 50 or so times since

There is another thread on it
I'm going to the stealership next week, I'll report it and see what they say
But I suspect they won't do anything about a problem they can't repeat
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #21
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Sounds like a definite problem with the '13s. I've never had any issues with my '12
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #22
pmandeep

I am thinking of taking it out for a spin and seeing if I can re-create this. I will post my updates later today.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
I have not had the fade away issue at all and I have 16,000 miles on my 2013 with the HUD always turned on. My issue is the radio information fade away. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All other HUD info seems to work as designed. Definitely have your cars serviced. This sounds like a fixable issue. If it's possible while you're driving, have your phone cam ready to record the fade away so you have something to show your dealer.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #24
pmandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I have not had the fade away issue at all and I have 16,000 miles on my 2013 with the HUD always turned on. My issue is the radio information fade away. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All other HUD info seems to work as designed. Definitely have your cars serviced. This sounds like a fixable issue. If it's possible while you're driving, have your phone cam ready to record the fade away so you have something to show your dealer.
The thing is my car is literally just a month old, got it on May 16th of this year and this happened yesterday when I was coming back from work. To top that off like I said I only have approx 1035 miles on it which kinda had me worried. I will soon be taking it in to the dealership for its first oil change when I hit about 1500miles and I will talk to my dealer about this at that time and see what he has to say.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
Hey Guys,

My HUD was acting up today on my way back from work. I usually leave it 'ON' so every time I turn on the car it comes on by itself. What happened today was after getting off from work when I turned the car on and left the parking lot and had just come to the first stop at a signal light the HUD just faded away and disappeared even though the brightness was turned up all the way and the for the rest of my drive to home, it would just come back at a random time and again fade away and it kept doing that.

In my attempt and hopes of fixing it, I ended up pulling over on freeway once and actually turned the car off and opened the door to shut the electronics off. Tried to do the same when I was stopped at a signal light. And every time I turned the car back on and it did the same thing and faded away.

Then once I got home, I had the car in driveway for just a little over 5mins (turned off) before pulling it in the garage and at that time when I was pulling it in garage the HUD seemed to stay on. This has happened first time and my car is only 1month old with only 1130miles on it.

Should I wait and see if it does it again or take it to the dealership?

Hello pmandeep,

Sorry for the HUD issues your having. I would like to look into this issue for you. If you could, private message me your VIN and current mileage and I will investigate a bit further for you. I will update you there.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
Mine did that when I first got it, didnt come on for a whole day. Was about to call the dealership and it came back. Hasn't done it since, been about 3 months.
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
pmandeep

Update: I don't know what I did today but the HUD did repeat the same exact thing today as well when I had taken the car out today.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Definitely have it checked out at the dealer. But try and get video of it not working in case it works when you are at the dealer.