Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Capstone

Drives: .
NoVA Custom Painter Needed

I have the car in hand (about 2 months before I was planning) But now I need to find the right painter to do my Two-Tone job.

Anyone that can recommend a place/someone in the Northern Virginia area that has a good reputation and is able to provide referrals and plenty of examples is a must. Someone willing to consider a barter for advertising (I plan on spending a lot of time at a very well attended Cruise and entering car shows with this car) is a plus!

I have made most of the tough decisions on color, now I just need the right person to make it happen.

PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in Advance
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstone View Post
I have the car in hand (about 2 months before I was planning) But now I need to find the right painter to do my Two-Tone job.

Anyone that can recommend a place/someone in the Northern Virginia area that has a good reputation and is able to provide referrals and plenty of examples is a must. Someone willing to consider a barter for advertising (I plan on spending a lot of time at a very well attended Cruise and entering car shows with this car) is a plus!

I have made most of the tough decisions on color, now I just need the right person to make it happen.

PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in Advance
Hi Capstone. First off, congrats on your car! I had my 2010 SS painted in Waldorf, MD by Gary Best. His website is http://www.garybestkustumz.com/splash.html

He has painted two (maybe more now?) 2010 Camaros. He completely disassembles the parts to be painted, as any pro should. Call or email him and tell him what you have in mind. He'll answer any questions you may have.

What colors are you going with? The ones in your signature?

Oh, tell him Chase sent you!
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Capstone

Thanks alot for the link and info on this guy. I'll definitely check him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
What colors are you going with? The ones in your signature?
I have an IOM 2SS with Black interior. I want to do the Black on top for the two tone with a slight twist, I'm going to leave the hood cowl Orange like the second mock up done here by Venom

I searched and found pic's of your Car H3LLJumper. Pretty sharp. How long did you lose the car for?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
H3LLJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstone View Post
Thanks alot for the link and info on this guy. I'll definitely check him out.

I have an IOM 2SS with Black interior. I want to do the Black on top for the two tone with a slight twist, I'm going to leave the hood cowl Orange like the second mock up done here by Venom

I searched and found pic's of your Car H3LLJumper. Pretty sharp. How long did you lose the car for?
That's going to be sick!!

I gave him my car for a little over a week while I was out of town. I think he said it took him 5-6 days...? Keep in mind, he didn't just do the painting, he clearcoated the entire panels as well, painted the bowties, and smoked the lights!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
Capstone

Anyone Else Have a Painter?

Bump! Still looking for other auto painters to checkout. Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
That's going to be sick!!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Flaminbird

Drives: 2000 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Flaminbird
Check out John at Cherner Auto Group in Springfield. John is the owner and ask to speak to him. He is really super nice and painted my front bumper and rear bumper when someone had hit the car and when I had the T/A front bumper put on. Also Unlimited AutoBody in Warrenton. He's pricey though and there's one more in Amissville but cant remember his name
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
H3LLJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Check out John at Cherner Auto Group in Springfield. John is the owner and ask to speak to him. He is really super nice and painted my front bumper and rear bumper when someone had hit the car and when I had the T/A front bumper put on. Also Unlimited AutoBody in Warrenton. He's pricey though and there's one more in Amissville but cant remember his name
I too have heard good things about Unlimited Auto Body.