Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Tecca

Drives: ...
Detailer's Domain and Wolf Chemicals

Just heard the great news that Detailers Domain is now carrying Wolf's Chemicals products

I have been importing thier stuff and is great to see this stuff come to the states. It is one of the easiest Nano coating on the market to apply and the sheeting and beading is unbelievable.

Just wanted to give Phil a thanks for bringing this product over here to the states and urge everyone to give it a look.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Chris, I would like some more info on these products as you know how I am about trying new products.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Tecca

Well my favorite product of thiers is the WP-0NT aka "Body Wrap" is there nano paint sealer that is highly htdrophobic. It makes the paint look extreamly wet and as I said the water sheets off of the paint. The durability is great, after about 6 months I have seen some minor changes in beading but nothing major. Another awesome feature that wolf's has that others like Opti-Coat is that you can put as many layers as possible without it effecting the previous layer.

As far as application, I use the small lint free cotton applicators, just rub it on in a circular motion wait for about 10-15 minutes and buff off. It is recommended at least 2 coats.

Also prep is important, so a IPA or paint cleanser should be user prior to use. There are no fillers so any polishing needs to be done first. I have not used thier polishes or compounds yet.

If you have any specifics let me know or Phil can also chime in.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Dang it Chris. After I ordered BFWD I told myself I wouldn't buy anything for a while!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Tecca

LOL I gotta take a pic of everything I have recived in the last couple weeks. I have a lot of other things for you try
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
LOL I gotta take a pic of everything I have recived in the last couple weeks. I have a lot of other things for you try
I gotta see this lol. I'm still expecting your big review. And I guess Phil has sold out of his first shipment of everything already lol. I'm waiting on the next shipment and it looks like I'm gonna have to try a lot of it out.

I want the deironizer, glass sealant, trim sealant, nano shampoo, nano coating, and the nano rim sealant. Phil if you could when you get another shipment in let me know please.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

And Chris, do you really have to have the nano shampoo? I've heard that that's just a selling point for these coatings.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Next on my "To-try" list
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I gotta see this lol. I'm still expecting your big review. And I guess Phil has sold out of his first shipment of everything already lol. I'm waiting on the next shipment and it looks like I'm gonna have to try a lot of it out.

I want the deironizer, glass sealant, trim sealant, nano shampoo, nano coating, and the nano rim sealant. Phil if you could when you get another shipment in let me know please.
Sorry on the review and everything it is coming

my latest additions, pic 1 is all my new imported stuff and the other is everything else I have recieved over the past couple weeks nearly $1500 in products. The Nanolex is my favorite item on my list. It is extreamly hard getting it here in the states, nearly impossible.

Anyway I am not sold either on the special shampoo, any non binding and neutral Ph shampoo's should work. I know that Nanolex shampoo is supposed to rejuvinate the coating, although I have not seen if it is true or not. When I pick up shampoo I look for shampoo that will dwell on the paint to help loosen up the dirt and grime that is on the paint, and it also has to be Ph neutral.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

I envy you sir. What is in the white boxes? Imported clay? And out of Nanolex, Wolf, or Gtechniq, which one would you pick? And what's in the blue bottle laying down that was imported?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Tecca

Quote:
I envy you sir. What is in the white boxes? Imported clay? And out of Nanolex, Wolf, or Gtechniq, which one would you pick? And what's in the blue bottle laying down that was imported?
Whoops, that is TufShine, I didn't import that I got it over at detailedimage. If you look at the latest detail by Jaison (third_shift|studios) it is what he used. I love this as it is a clear coat for wheels plus you get to decide how shiny you want the wheel based on how many layers.

The two boxes is Bilt Hambers clay. It was recently rated the best detail clay by AutoExpress and is not made by Clay Magic. What is neat about this stuff is that you can use straight water for a lube and it doesn't fall apart with APC which makes it good so you can clean it as you work.

I would rate it just rating:
Nanolex Professional Coating (Most Durable)
Wolf's Chemical Body Wrap(Easiest to apply and good durability) (Plus you can get it here in the states)(Thanks Phil)
Opti-Coat 2.0 (Easy and Durable but cannot layer like Nanolex and BW)
Gtechniqe C1(Don't care for C1, but everything thing else they carry is amazing)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Whoops, that is TufShine, I didn't import that I got it over at detailedimage. If you look at the latest detail by Jaison (third_shift|studios) it is what he used. I love this as it is a clear coat for wheels plus you get to decide how shiny you want the wheel based on how many layers.

The two boxes is Bilt Hambers clay. It was recently rated the best detail clay by AutoExpress and is not made by Clay Magic. What is neat about this stuff is that you can use straight water for a lube and it doesn't fall apart with APC which makes it good so you can clean it as you work.

I would rate it just rating:
Nanolex Professional Coating (Most Durable)
Wolf's Chemical Body Wrap(Easiest to apply and good durability) (Plus you can get it here in the states)(Thanks Phil)
Opti-Coat 2.0 (Easy and Durable but cannot layer like Nanolex and BW)
Gtechniqe C1(Don't care for C1, but everything thing else they carry is amazing)
Ok thanks. And would you go with Wolfs or Gtechniqs glass and trim sealant? And how did you get the Bilt Hambers into the US? I've been wanting to try that or Ricardo, but I heard its a major pain to get it here.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #13
Tecca

Quote:
Ok thanks. And would you go with Wolfs or Gtechniqs glass and trim sealant? And how did you get the Bilt Hambers into the US? I've been wanting to try that or Ricardo, but I heard its a major pain to get it here.
I'll PM you on the clay

I love the C4 trim sealant from Gtechniqe, however the price is a

I have not tried Wolf's glass but Gtechniqe G1 is amazing if you can get past the first week with it. The wipers shutter a bit, once it gets cleared up, you can drive in a hurricane without visability problems.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #14
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
I'll PM you on the clay

I love the C4 trim sealant from Gtechniqe, however the price is a

I have not tried Wolf's glass but Gtechniqe G1 is amazing if you can get past the first week with it. The wipers shutter a bit, once it gets cleared up, you can drive in a hurricane without visability problems.
Sweet thanks