Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
route 66 in SoCal?

Hi Camaro ppl,

so i just moved to san diego from austin, tx couple weeks ago and was looking for whats interesting places in SoCal, and found the Route 66 highway is somewhere in SoCal, i googled before but i can't find the exact location where i can find something like this (see picture below)

can anyone tell where's the exact location?

Thanks,
Kenny

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
here's a picture of Amboy, CA

Old 09-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
You'll have to go out to the desert to get on the old historical route. 66 runs along next to hwy 40.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
here's a picture of Amboy, CA

oh wow, thats a 3hrs drive from my place, i was looking for like max 2hrs drive tho. but thanks for the help, i heard barstow also have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrichic View Post
You'll have to go out to the desert to get on the old historical route. 66 runs along next to hwy 40.
oh okay, got em in amboy.

any more suggestion ppl?

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
Hi Camaro ppl,

so i just moved to san diego from austin, tx couple weeks ago and was looking for whats interesting places in SoCal, and found the Route 66 highway is somewhere in SoCal, i googled before but i can't find the exact location where i can find something like this (see picture below)

can anyone tell where's the exact location?

Thanks,
Kenny
Kenny, Route 66 is closer than the middle of the desert....where I grew up in Upland, CA, Route 66 ran across the town, Foothill Blvd today...there is a old gas station that is still there on Foothill, near Archibald ave in Rancho Cucamonga, being restored now by a group http://www.theroadwanderer.net/RT66foothills.htm ....some towns like Glendora have renamed their streets to Route 66, there are many ghosts of the Route along these So Cal areas that are remnants of America's Main Street.....it is more difficult to follow the Route now, but with a little research you can find it....the Owner of Juan Pollo Chicken owns the town of Amboy, along with the first McDonald's site in San Bernardino http://www.yelp.com/biz/original-mcd...san-bernardino, which is either close to Route 66 or on the Route, I don't remember....Barstow has a Route 66 Museum http://www.route66museum.org/ that is part of the Harvey House that was restored there and there are many old motels there that are from the hey day of Route 66....a Tee Pee motel is still standing and open in Rialto, http://www.wigwammotel.com/....There is also an exhibit on Route 66 at the Autry Museum near Griffith Park area....Happy hunting for Route 66!

Last edited by So Cal Camaro; 09-30-2014 at 10:40 PM.
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

What an awesome explanation. Yeah i just to double check before i go there. Thank u so much.

My Build Thread
Old 10-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
Jus Dreamin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible M6
If you are interested in more on Route 66, there is a cruise coming up very soon from Illinois to Santa Monica. the web site is is http://www.route66motortour.com/.
You can join anywhere and drop off anywhere. I'm going to join it in Winslow, AZ and go through to Santa Monica. Car meet and greet every night, seedy motels, fast food and lots of car stories. What could be better.
Jus Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #8
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Nooo i still have class to attend around that date. Im thinking aroundmid december.

My Build Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
Coy

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE BVM
Stopped in Seligman AZ last time I drove out on 40 a month or so ago. It's pretty interesting old Route 66 town, and it isn't too far away. Place is like a time machine, and the people I met there were awesome.
Coy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy View Post
Stopped in Seligman AZ last time I drove out on 40 a month or so ago. It's pretty interesting old Route 66 town, and it isn't too far away. Place is like a time machine, and the people I met there were awesome.
California City?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #11
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
California City?
Seligman is in Arizona, one of the best stretches of Route 66 is between Kingman, Arizona to Seligman, Arizona...
Old 10-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
A little north of San Bernardino, heading north into the Cajon Pass, there are a few sections of abandoned Route 66 that parallel Interstate 15. These abandoned sections make great places to take pictures.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Historic Route 66 - http://www.gokingman.com/event-route-66-fun-run-2014
This Annual FUN RUN the first weekend of May is very popular - I'm doing this again this year.

The “Historic Route 66 Fun Run 2014” celebrating the Mother Road herself “Historic Route 66”. The Historic Route 66 Fun Run features special events all weekend long with sock hops, live entertainment, cruise-ins at various locations, vendors, BBQ’s and of course hundreds of Show Cars cruising down Historic Route 66.

The Fun Run Cruise begins Saturday Morning in Seligman and rolls down Route 66 past the Grand Canyon Caverns, Peach Springs, Hackberry before stopping in Kingman. Sunday Morning the Fun Run Cruise continues west through Cool Springs stopping in Oatman. Then finishing up at Topock with an awards and trophy presentations.

Oatman is really a BLAST FROM THE PAST - SUPER FUN!

If your familiar with the movie CARS you will really enjoy seeing all the sites that this movie was based on. Cool Springs = Radiator Springs in the CARS movie

Here is s link to lots of pics
https://www.google.com/search?q=Rout...Q&ved=0CCgQsAQ
Old 10-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
CaliDave

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to CaliDave
I'm going to put this on my bucket list.
CaliDave is offline   Reply With Quote