Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #281
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Sound of any v6 sounds like a bumble bee to me. You guys that think it sounds bad have me confused. Its v6 and there is no replacement for displacment.
tHE LS3 Ruels. Now that is bad ass.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #282
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
You have to remember where you your racing I'm way up in michigan, for my 06 gt with stock 18in tires my best without power shifting is 13.44 at 105.63. As for the gto this last wednesday I was at the track and on around the 5th or 6th attempt in the quarter mile the guy broke his very nice looking gto. They had to push it off the track. He was running 12's. And on a side not there was a brand new g8 gt there his best was 14.00. He couldn't break into the 13's.
great post brother i was wonderin what those g8 gts do not suprised they are low 14s stock gears are 2.7 something
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #283
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
300hp vs .300 hp. Bring it on. You are all fooling yourselves about this but Im willing to prove you all wrong at the track. Bring your LOL v6 camaros to the show if you think you can run with a v8 stang. Dont forget to dump that 300 lbs of fat you have due to Scott and the rest of the GM crew.

The v6 camaro as powerful as it is is a mid to low 14 second car. It sucks and a v6 camry or altima will give it a hard run for the money. No big deal hear for sure. Its average at best/ Dont pretend its a performance car. Still want to race with you 3750 lb beast? Bring it on.

I love the ls3. That is the only savior to this car. The rest of it sucks pretty much. But, That is an awesome engine. Scott got lucky with such a good enginerring. I bet a cup of coffee he had nothing to do with that.

Its still too heavy. Think peopl;e dont notice the weight? Not true. This is the internet. Most know what a hog this car really is. NO more blowing it off like Scott would like it to. Its over anbd people know what a hog this car is.

Try to cover it up Scott but the internet has you by the ass. You know that of course. YOu think weight is not a big deal but it is. You lost one sale with me. I will publish you fat ass weight everywhere to make consumers aware of your engineering screw ups.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #284
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevys View Post
300hp vs .300 hp. Bring it on. You are all fooling yourselves about this but Im willing to prove you all wrong at the track. Bring your LOL v6 camaros to the show if you think you can run with a v8 stang. Dont forget to dump that 300 lbs of fat you have due to Scott and the rest of the GM crew.

The v6 camaro as powerful as it is is a mid to low 14 second car. It sucks and a v6 camry or altima will give it a hard run for the money. No big deal hear for sure. Its average at best/ Dont pretend its a performance car. Still want to race with you 3750 lb beast? Bring it on.

I love the ls3. That is the only savior to this car. The rest of it sucks pretty much. But, That is an awesome engine. Scott got lucky with such a good enginerring. I bet a cup of coffee he had nothing to do with that.

Its still too heavy. Think peopl;e dont notice the weight? Not true. This is the internet. Most know what a hog this car really is. NO more blowing it off like Scott would like it to. Its over anbd people know what a hog this car is.

Try to cover it up Scott but the internet has you by the ass. You know that of course. YOu think weight is not a big deal but it is. You lost one sale with me. I will publish you fat ass weight everywhere to make consumers aware of your engineering screw ups.
Why do you even come to this site? :troll:
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #285
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
That ingnore feature is awsome!!!!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #286
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:

That is why it has 122 more horses then your tiny v8 and IRS. ENOUGH SAID.

actually 1 more thing why don't you go tell you amazing engineers at ford to get rid of that gas guzzling explorer v6 they got stuck under the hood of the almighty mustang already. Camaro v6 will destroy your mini-explorer stang.

the only good thing about ford is that they circle their problems. hehe
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #287
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
You have to remember where you your racing I'm way up in michigan, for my 06 gt with stock 18in tires my best without power shifting is 13.44 at 105.63. As for the gto this last wednesday I was at the track and on around the 5th or 6th attempt in the quarter mile the guy broke his very nice looking gto. They had to push it off the track. He was running 12's. And on a side not there was a brand new g8 gt there his best was 14.00. He couldn't break into the 13's.
There are plenty of GTO's running better than 12's with no problems. I have seen a stock mustand a stock porshce pushed off the track. That means nothing. GTO's trap higher than GT's and are a faster car. Period end of story. The G8 crowd has several cars in the 13's. You cannot take one car as an example. There are G8's with intake and tunes running 13.2x's at 106-107. the stock tune is apperantly pretty horrible.

Quote:

There is no engineering screw up. They met thier wieght target. This car isn't supposed to be a lightwieght race car or a quarter mile queen. They wanted a car capable in the twisties and they got it. This car will reach a level of refinment mustangs never have reached. And it will be built well. My GTO was proof of that. It saved my life thanks to an idiot driving a ford.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #288
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Compare my 197hp+ Civic Si sedan its 2950#. It has still run 0-60 in 6.3, 1/4 @14.9. The HUGE Camaro SS is NOT LIGHT, BUT most cars are PIGS. OK...
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #289
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Just wait till the mustangs have to meet the new safety standards that "the pigs" camaro and challenger" have already meet and is why they way so much more mustang will grow a beer belly don't worry
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #290
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
There are plenty of S197 V6 4.0L Mustangs running mid 14's stock
there are a few running low 14's Check out here _____ www.mustangcollective.com (V6 Mustang community)

I run 12.4 -12.6 with just 2500.00 bucks in Bolt ons, the New GT has some bottle necks that can be freed up cheaply.
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #291
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Okay might as well throw my 2 cents in here for my first post.

First Off hello guys.

2nd Here is the break down of previous Camaros

1969 Gunmetal Grey complete rebuild done by my dad - Got It all started
1991 V6 RS teal green - Loved it, only one I still miss.
1994 V6 "Forest Green" - Ehh
1995 RS V6 Black - Better than the 94

3rd Yes the V6 should be awesome for a V6 and alot of V8's

Will it beat a newer GT, put me on the wait and seen list.
Can a V6 beat a GT? Possible.

Here is the story now.
MY 91 RS with a $100 dealer tweek did for three years. It ate every stang that pulled up and tried to show off. Including a Texas State Trooper - (no not running from them, I knew him and he wanted to test my car out.) The only thing that I did was wash, wax and maintain that car. After getting rid of it I found out that I was not alone with that car. The dealer that I traded that car into said another person traded one that had that "dealer tweek" and said that it was too much for their son to handle. As for the "tweek", no visible change made to the car. The only noticeable diference was on take off and no 110 mph limit. I actually got to 130 before letting off. By todays standards that is not much but we are talking 17 years ago.

So That is why I give a V6 vs V8 mustang a maybe.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #292
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post

actually 1 more thing why don't you go tell you amazing engineers at ford to get rid of that gas guzzling explorer v6 they got stuck under the hood of the almighty mustang already. Camaro v6 will destroy your mini-explorer stang.
well brother thats why the car can cost 20K for the 6 because of the engine being just a 2v v6 on the other hand brother we have a real advanced 6 engine for the camaro wanting to come in at the same price; dont think its going to happen... im thinking its going to come in at 23k thats just what my bidness brain is tellin me... the cologne engine is on the way out anyway ford will put their 3.5/3.7 duratec in the new base and we'll see how that does with lighter weight vs the gm caddy engine

lets compare beef to beef when it happens but now you gm guys are entitled to have a little fun
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #293
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post

Here is the story now.
MY 91 RS with a $100 dealer tweek did for three years. It ate every stang that pulled up and tried to show off. Including a Texas State Trooper - (no not running from them, I knew him and he wanted to test my car out.) The only thing that I did was wash, wax and maintain that car. After getting rid of it I found out that I was not alone with that car. The dealer that I traded that car into said another person traded one that had that "dealer tweek" and said that it was too much for their son to handle. As for the "tweek", no visible change made to the car. The only noticeable diference was on take off and no 110 mph limit. I actually got to 130 before letting off. By todays standards that is not much but we are talking 17 years ago.

So That is why I give a V6 vs V8 mustang a maybe.
That's one hell of a "dealer tweak"

A friend has a very clean '92 25th Anniversary 3.1 Camaro.
Nothing could save him from my Integra. When I was on the short intake runners and big cam lobes, I would just walk away. He had some kind of Intake (FIPK maybe? it looked like a K&N...might have been a cheap knockoff)and a Flowmaster 80.

I needed to have the bottle open vs a '86 or newer Mustang V8. I never needed the bottle against him.

He ditched the V6 in favor of a TPI 350 from an 86ish Corvette. Didn't have problems with my 8000 rpm Honda anymore.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #294
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Well the tweak only cost me $100. It was late 91 and the 92's were already on the lot. As for the 92 I could see that. One of my friends liked mine and got a 92 with that great 25th anniversary package/decall and he got his but handed to him all the time. Like I said that is one car that I missed. I did see it once after I traded it about 5 yrs ago. I had a different spoiler put on it that no one else had. It saw it at a gas station. It had been abused by my standards. When I asked the guy who bought it about it, he told me that his friend had got it after me and held onto it for a few years. The current owner bought it from him to give to his daughter but decided against it because it was too fast for her. I almost asked how much he wanted for it but decided not to since I couldnt spend the extra money right then to restore it.

The options that I did find out that were on there was for sure
K&N filter
Catalytic converter to tail pipe swap. I purchased them a month after I got the car. I know the muffler was a Walker and the converter was supposed to be less restrictive. All with 2 3/4 in pipes.
Different Chip

One other possible change was the distribitor. It went out after a year. Still under warranty and when it went to the dealer they swapped it out with an identical one but it had to be ordered because it was different than what should have been on there. I did have to get the service dept to contact the selling dealership and confirm that they had made some changes before I bought it to get it convered by the warranty. That is the sign of a good service dept.

Last edited by dayvedayve; 08-18-2008 at 11:13 AM.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote