Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
I got a ton for my 2010, and am going to ask more for my convert. People with money recognize quality when they see it. One drive and they are hooked.
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC.LS3 View Post
Have any of you sold a 5th gen you had done work to? Did you end up getting peanuts for it? In hindsight would you have left the mods on or tried to restore it back to factory (i dont have my OEM parts anymore)? Just curious what I could get for my 2011 2SS with 24K and intake/headers/tune. An issue I would face is my catless mids. Body and interior are good, just a little bump on the rear fascia.
Not too many worse investments you can make than modding a car. It generally will lower your resale ... Unless you find a kid who really likes it and has his dad pay for it. Better hope Dad is dumb. Lol
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Not too many worse investments you can make than modding a car. It generally will lower your resale ... Unless you find a kid who really likes it and has his dad pay for it. Better hope Dad is dumb. Lol
lol now thats funny..dumb dadmost modded cars are for personnal reasons..i would buy a modded car in a heartbeat if the mods were what i lliked..internal mods..like a cam would turn me away...but cai..exhaust...headers are fine with me..just because its modded doesnt mean its beat up...there are lots of stock vehicles running around out there that are getting beat ...i would rather buy a modded car from a car guy then rather then so guy thats just drives the crap out of it and doesnt care..imo
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
Camaro Carbone
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2ls
Give a F about resale value. Could be dead tomorrow. MOD
Camaro Carbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you customize your car, kiss your resale value goodbye. Average Joe doesn't want your supercharger. Average Joe doesn't want the loud exhaust. Average Joe wants a car that looks cool enough and feels fast.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
OC.LS3

Drives: '11 SS, M6 Black w/ IOM stripes
Yeah i assumed the resale would be lower, just trying to ballpark it. Such as 3000 less than KBB or like 10000. I know yall would hesitate to just throw #s out there, but im hoping someone has experience or heard of it done. Dont worry, i wont quote you, ha
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC.LS3 View Post
Yeah i assumed the resale would be lower, just trying to ballpark it. Such as 3000 less than KBB or like 10000. I know yall would hesitate to just throw #s out there, but im hoping someone has experience or heard of it done. Dont worry, i wont quote you, ha
It's all over the place. If you've got a guy that wants exactly what you put onto your car—rims, exhaust, coilovers, whatever—then you can probably sell above KBB and offer a discount on the parts installed. If you've got a guy with different tastes, you're looking at someone who doesn't value any of the work you've put into it, so they'll be looking at KBB minus the cost of parts they want to install as a negotiating point. The range between those two values could be thousands depending on whether you've installed some serious parts, like a full track suspension or a supercharger.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Most buyers won't pay for car worth that w/o any warranty.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
Glad mine is stock. 2012 SS 45th. manual with 2017 miles.Brought it home in Oct 2011. This site is not going to make me lose my head and start modding the hell out of it. I like "survivors" in time, they become rare because people mod them out or do not used OEM replacement parts on so many of them and they just dont care about keeping it stock.
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote