Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #113
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Drove my 1LE through winter here in Alberta. Ride is stiff but the power and exhaust note at -20 degrees is great! With that said hoping to buy a truck next year and save the abuse of all the winter gravel they put down here.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #114
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
let's all sing kumbaya
Old 04-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #115
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Yes thats me but of course there have been dozens more since then, with Texas being the latest.

So no, owning a Camaro isn't an enjoyable experience for me at all.
...so why have you owned two of them?
Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #116
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The 1LE is one of the best things to happen to the Camaro IMO; Its a great combination of speed, handling, power and affordability.

Certain models of Camaro are tailored for specific performance characteristics. Some models will be at home on a track, but a little hard to live with for day-to-day driving. My only advice would be to give yourself some more seat time in the 1LE (I have to do the same with my ZL...but I love it!), and then see how well you can adapt to it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #117
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
research research research....before spending 40,000 on car (dd, or toy)
Old 04-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #118
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post

You're lucky you probably have great roads where you live. If there are any Montrealers in this thread, I'd love to have you chime in. I bet you drive to the end of your block without seeing at least 1 major pothole.

Here in Montreal, the cold weather makes the car dangerous to drive, and the pot holes (even the small ones) take all the fun out of it. Try Googling Montreal Pot Holes and see what I mean.

No kidding - this is a real pot hole, and to make things even worse, this is TYPICAL.

more

Mark I know exactly what you mean...I don't have the 1LE but I do have the same or better(someone told me this) suspension as the 1LE. Yes the ride is quite different then stock now and it does knock the shit out of the car when I hit those small & huge bumps / pot holes...doesn't matter if I'm in New York / Brooklyn or Montreal there are bad streets everywhere. But I have to live with it & I don't really mind it..my wife cringes sometimes when I hit the big ones But I do have fun with it anyways especially around curves...that's why I got the suspension done for
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
Old 04-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #119
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
HOW MUCH LONGER CAN WE BEAT THIS DEAD HORSE ????????
Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #120
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I hate this thread LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #121
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Mark I know exactly what you mean...I don't have the 1LE but I do have the same or better(someone told me this) suspension as the 1LE. Yes the ride is quite different then stock now and it does knock the shit out of the car when I hit those small & huge bumps / pot holes...doesn't matter if I'm in New York / Brooklyn or Montreal there are bad streets everywhere. But I have to live with it & I don't really mind it..my wife cringes sometimes when I hit the big ones But I do have fun with it anyways especially around curves...that's why I got the suspension done for
That's about where you really have to know yourself, what you really prefer, and what you'll tolerate in order to get it.

Apparently there can be a great difference between understanding on an intellectual level that ride quality may be too harsh for some folks and knowing on a gut level that it's flat-out going to be too much. Probably most of us grasp the idea without fully understanding the degree to which a less pleasant ride quality bothers some folks.

Norm
Old 04-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #122
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom13ss View Post
The only thing I can agree on here is the cold temps with the tires. Anything else was very clear about the car with a very small amount of research
??? That has got to be the MOST talked about aspect of these cars?!?!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #123
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
That's about where you really have to know yourself, what you really prefer, and what you'll tolerate in order to get it.

Apparently there can be a great difference between understanding on an intellectual level that ride quality may be too harsh for some folks and knowing on a gut level that it's flat-out going to be too much. Probably most of us grasp the idea without fully understanding the degree to which a less pleasant ride quality bothers some folks.

Norm
I agree, living the dream is always different than being told about it...for good or bad.

Reminds me of the time I've slept with a strip dancer, wasn't as wild from what I've imagined when seeing her upside down on that Pole!

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #124
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
I agree, living the dream is always different than being told about it...for good or bad.

Reminds me of the time I've slept with a strip dancer, wasn't as wild from what I've imagined when seeing her upside down on that Pole!
I agree about the dream being different than you thought but the stripper/s I was with in my past weren't a disappointment...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #125
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post

Please dont ruin my dreams. Married 17 years dreams is all I have.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #126
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Recognized that photo of the pothole, drive down any street in Minneapolis/St. Paul, looks exactly like that. Don't care what car you are driving, potholes are going to hurt.

One comment I don't understand is that the 1LE gets worse mileage than the 2SS RS. Same motor, different gear ratios and rear end, depends on how you drive it I guess. It is rated the same from the EPA as the regular 2SS so I guess literally, your mileage may vary.

Closed Thread