Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #29
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
No bells and whistles. Those things are not meant to be in hot rods or sports cars.
In the looks dept. American muscle not some euro- type crap.
Why not have the option if we want them?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #30
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
I wouldn't bet on much weight loss, safety standards and equipment keep making cars heavier, we're not going to see car weights of the 80s with 6 air bags and structural rigidity.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #31
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Camaro needs to continue to promote the heritage of its past by designing a fresh contemporary body style, but maintaining some styling cues that harken to the previous camaro generations. Camaro will need to resist some of the newer styling trends that could alienate it from its loyal fans.

Camaro will also need to vigorously defend the value of the v8. My personal opinion is that a camaro will not have its unique feel without the v8. It is not necessarily a special feat to buy or to own a car with a 4 cyl. or 6 cyl. engine, but for me it was a special feeling and a landmark day(s) when I took ownership of my camaros. The Camaro will need to continue to promote itself as a special breed of automobile for the masses.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #32
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I would like to see a flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion power generator
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #33
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Why not have the option if we want them?
That would be great, but know they will have 2 or 3 packages and none will offer a. Z28 type package where you could delete those luxuries that weigh so much.
I don't have AC in my '57 and don't want it. The sound of the engine is music to my ears.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #34
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
No bells and whistles. Those things are not meant to be in hot rods or sports cars.
Well, except that every sports car made today has the option for bells and whistles. You may think they don't belong but much of the buying public does.

For you, 1SS -RS and Z28 exists (why buy 2LT WITH RS if you don't want bells and whistles?). For me, I want as many bells and whistles as Chevrolet is willing to cram into the Camaro. And I may one day go back to owning a Corvette, which is chock full of the goodies.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
What do I want to see in the 6th Gen Camaro?

ME!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #36
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
I like the bells and whistles in my DD, but as for styling I agree with you. Especially don't rip off the latest Nissan like the Mustang did. I like what's coming out of Japan, but it's Japanese and the Camaro is American. It's okay to be distinct from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I wouldn't bet on much weight loss, safety standards and equipment keep making cars heavier, we're not going to see car weights of the 80s with 6 air bags and structural rigidity.
Ford seems to figure out how to keep weight down. Yeah, we're not magically going down to 3000 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
What I want to see in the new Camaro is a car that will out handle the new Mustang and be at least .2 seconds quicker in the quarter mile than the Mustang.
This

And way down the list for me. I don't think T tops work on this design visually. I wish they did. So maybe they can reincorporate that back in the future.

And further down the list, FM/AM seek buttons on the steering wheel. Not in place of the current buttons, but in addition to. Reason being, I would like to be able to seek through the radio when I'm driving through an unfamiliar town without having to take my hands off the wheel.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #37
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Ideally I just want to see the Camaro continue to improve itself, get more power, better handling but stay true to the roots. There was information coming out of GM that the 6th gen will stay true to its classic design which is hopeful because they probably won't mess it up too bad but at the same point, its a little saddening that we won't see a completely new look for the Camaro.

Quote:
Agree and disagree. I definitely want to have fun in a car and have it be light when I'm on the track BUT I would say I drive my Camaro on the street more than the track and I like having comforts for cruising around the town or for it being a gran tourer. Plus like Top Gear always says, if you have a lady in the car and you have to explain why you don't have common options, its uncool

Think it would be a nice thing to see options, really be that and those who want a stripped down version can get it and those who want the options can as well for each trim. As I know there are people who want power, comfort and all the bells and whistles and those who just want power, style and handling.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #38
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
I was just wondering what you guys wanna see out of the 6th gen. I personally would like a whole new redesign. Not too outlandish, but not too reminiscent of the 5th gen. I really like these sketches of the next generation. http://bit.ly/1i6T8uc
So what do you guys wanna see, and what DON'T you wanna see?
lambo doors and re-name it "The Homer"
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #39
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Very subtle cosmetic changes, change a few lines maybe add some LEDs. Shave some weight and add more power = Winner. And of course the latest and greatest tech features.
100% agree. This exactly what I want to see. Especially the weight reduction. Preferably no more than 3,500 lbs.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #40
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
100% agree. This exactly what I want to see. Especially the weight reduction. Preferably no more than 3,500 lbs.
It wont be less than 3500, it should weight no more than 3600-3650 with the v8.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #41
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
1LE level performance from the gate.

Lighter, more powerful.

A stripper option. Something Z/28 esque without the 70k price tag. Doesn't have to have exotic goodies like carbon ceramic brakes or trofeo tires, but maybe lighter weight, stiffer and lower suspension, lighter wheels. No bells and whistles on the interior. Just a pure driver's car.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #42
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
well for one not being the hand me down for corvette tech when it gets old..... like that will ever happen. Non vvt would be nice without AFM.....like that will happen..... And a shift kit that kicks it when you put it in "sport" mode....not short mode.... like that will happen. At least the one thing they could do is a auto with the shifter being the shifter not stupid paddles like my first Camaro. Also some actual foot well lighting with a glove box light would be worth the extra $.

Of course a classic lines theme is a must, if they have to go to the later 1st gens for inspiration so be it. Lighter quicker a must, more powerful not very likely with damn CAFE standards waiting to hit harder and harder. The ls3 is a great engine platform, and the LT1 which like all engines it seems have to have old designations because they have no imagination is undoubtedly what they will try to shoe horn in the smaller alpha platform zeta reticuli what ever...

The wide stance and aggressive look we have is great, the last fourth gen is a example of their trying to over do the aero dynamics, just lighten it with a aluminum frame and more aluminum goodies and composites where needed. DRLs that are LED and also Fog lights are a sure hit.

While handling is nice its not a must have and comes anyway with the IRS, nice thick sway bars from the get go would be brain storm with easily upgradable parts through the various progressions of the line. Not like the 2014 Camaro where the hood wont fit a 13, or the etc... That is given, look at the ls and lt owners who did a ss front or zl1 front..thats money in the bank.

Rear interior seating room, head room and rear visabilty are things we have had to deal with but come with the territory and could be improved on. I know they will offer lane change alerts etc and our tech is great but a removable upgradable stereo with the option to easily upgrade to nav would be great. Also decent priced subs that patch in easy and a decent priced amp to upgrade.

We all if we love our Camaros personalize them, My cam gets stares as does my color. Sure more color options are nice, I would have loved a old school purple, with metallic in the paint and pay extra for the options you want...Kind of like a mustang that goes way up when you deck it out with track pack, stereo, little spoiler and scoops etc. Actual functioning brake cooling ducts would be nice, and a provision to actually have a ram air function scoop or engine cooling vents in the hood installed easy. And please make the tail lights pleasing, like round or something old school like other brands may take away from g.m. as so many old school rides had round....chevelles, impalas, etc etc etc And LED maybe even sequential.

Various options are nice even among packages, yet limit us G.M. does....like no regular ss with all season tires and wider zl1 type rims unless you hunt for it aftermarket, not a red interior with this package...ie LE1, no butter with your bread sucks...... Yes eventually they come out with cons to go oh its the Snot wheels, or the Fall package and pay for the extra looks when you may not like all it entails but would buy a lot of a package if you could option it. We love to personalize our Camaros g.m. CAN YOU DIG IT? And yes we will mod it like a rabid ricer with a Honda if we can with ten inch exhaust tips and giant wings to fly to the moon and the loud fart sound......just kidding, Camaro owners have taste usually even if we do not have the corvette budget, or are inclined to plant our AZZ in fiber glazz, some of us actually like back seat occasionally. But as far as I am concerned they could even make a two seater Camaro if it lightened the load as we know ford will ditch the coyote and such just to try to make G.m. look weak because what do they have? just a mustang.... And they are a big fan base, would it not be nice to kick them to the curb bad for once? Along with the fiat fat boys with their SRT cash cow mentality...they are going to have to lighten their load too..I am sure a ABFART challenger 300 srt16 is in the works somewhere in spaghetti land but will be ditched for more modern look like a oops I think I am gonna be sick..DART............ oh so sporty like a neon on steroids..

I remember growing up with mom in a corvair, yes it was reliable until finally sold after being passed down. Many call it Naders foible and g.m. could make a corsa again as a handling package small car that would kick butt. G.m. COuld do so many things as in : the classic lines of the 55-56 chevy pickups they have not retro done..god would they look georgeous done modern, a nomad type panel van to kick the smagnum to the curb... A CCCCCHHHHEEEEVVVVEEEELLLLEEEE yes a word they cannot remember they can only make little malibus that are in absolutely no way ever a muscle car. Heck we beefed up anything that was good looking enough and retro fittable such as the vega, the nova rip offs the omega, ventura, Apollo..... the Monza even..... And the other brands you had could be reborn! , think about a trial at g.m. lots of a new Pontiac firebird retro's, olds 442's, hell even a Saturn or three which was making a profit.....if your outta bankruptcy open your eyes and give us what we want and we will beat down your doors. That's what we need from g.m......... Faith restored for billions who loved them over the years, just like a poor man in CUBA who drives a 55 chevy and cannot dream of anything else, and loves it night and day, and will rebuild it until the end of time, maybe even have to retro fit it to a hydrogen engine...... I could see doing that with my Camaro.. its that pretty.

Tags
6th gen, camaro, concept