Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
$24 is a rip off for those bulbs. I just bought two for 85 cents on eBay with free shipping

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #16
ckosiek

Drives: Former owner 2013 ZL1 Convertible
foo.fighter,
No, I ordered the full replacement kit from iJDMYOY:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Vehicle-Spe...amaro-df17.htm

I was satisfied with every other piece except the license plate replacements, although I really don't know when they became loose until I saw the outages in my garage one day.
C
ckosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #17
Notorious Bob

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMss11 View Post
They were only$24 so to be expected
$24 for license plate LEDs - holy crap!! Why are you paying more than a buck each?

I bought 10 for $10, they're perfectly matched with the ABL (aqua/ice blue) and not a single one has failed - although I have heaps of spares!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #18
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckosiek View Post
foo.fighter,
No, I ordered the full replacement kit from iJDMYOY:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Vehicle-Spe...amaro-df17.htm

I was satisfied with every other piece except the license plate replacements, although I really don't know when they became loose until I saw the outages in my garage one day.
C
oh gotcha!
I just took a look at that kit. I really like that dome light. but that is bloody expensive... lol I better check good ol ebay first
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #19
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo.fighter View Post
oh gotcha!
I just took a look at that kit. I really like that dome light. but that is bloody expensive... lol I better check good ol ebay first

Before you order from eBay, please watch the video

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #20
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMss11 View Post
Hey all. I ordered a pair of led license plate bulbs from phasetek performance about 3 months ago and the one led on the left bulb died already. They were only$24 so to be expected I suppose. Can you guys list who you use for led lighting upgrades? I can't find the thread I found days ago anywhere in the forum.

Thanks!! =)
I think I paid less than that three years ago to fully replace almost all the incandescent bulbs in my Suburban, mothers Tahoe, fathers Silverado and brothers Tahoe as well as the Saturn Aura I traded in for my Camaro. Every LED bulb is still working. I replaced the 3157 DRLs in the Suburban and Tahoe in 2007 (Had to go to the GMFullsize forum to look it up). Those are still working too. No mismatched color, no heat related failures. Nothing. The ones that were in my Aura got switched to the Camaro. I bought them on eBay. The cheap Chinese kind. I have nothing negative to say about them. In fact the worst and most expensive LED bulbs I've purchased were made by Cree. First set fell apart during shipping. Second set had to be epoxied back together before installation and LEDs started to fail after six months. I just unplugged them and drive without.

Last edited by Low Saturn; 09-24-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Oracle, but you're taking a shot in the dark with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #22
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Diode Dynamics

Got the whole car upgrades from them, one light so far has gone out. Called them and they sent me the pair, I just sent the others back no problems.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...et/camaro.html

Go here for your LED Lights
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #23
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post

Nick C.
glad you showed this!
I just visited the website to find some license plate lights. Do you guys have anything like a 10smd that would fit in there? I want really really bright in that area...
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #24
Diode Dynamics

We have several options for the trunk, including 12-SMD boards and even a flex light option. The Flex-light is an LED strip with a plug connected so you can install it directly into the socket

All plug and play, excellent options!

They even ship free for U.S. forum members if you send us a PM

Nick C.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #25
Notorious Bob

Quote:

Nick C.
Valid point for DRLs or Fog Lights but for dome lights, license plate bulbs and trunk lights where your replacing GM's nasty el-cheapo incandescents? Drop off of on a 5 SMD LED is barely noticeable. Dome and trunk lights are only on for very short periods (unless your kid uses the trunk light as a reading light ) and plate lights aren't supposed to double as rear facing search lights!

If you're showing the car and want it lit up like a Christmas tree then fair enuf. Go wild!

I wouldn't scrimp on the DRLs, but for the others, FleaBay is simply more economical.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #26
Diode Dynamics

There's plenty of reasons why you want to avoid eBay for LEDs. If you like mismatched LED colors due to loose binning tolerances, and enjoy replacing your lights on a regular basis due to heat related failures and poor bulb design, by all means choose eBay.

We offer high-quality replacements at a fair price, and back them with a solid 3-year limited warranty.

Nick C.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #27
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
There's plenty of reasons why you want to avoid eBay for LEDs. If you like mismatched LED colors due to loose binning tolerances, and enjoy replacing your lights on a regular basis due to heat related failures and poor bulb design, by all means choose eBay.

We offer high-quality replacements at a fair price, and back them with a solid 3-year limited warranty.

Nick C.
Do you guys sell a license plate bulb that covers the full license plate area? Because the pics I see on your website have a cutoff on the right side of the area

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #28
Notorious Bob

Quote:
Will be the 1st to post when I lose a dome light, trunk or license plate bulb. Hasn't happened in the 1st 12 months, but I guess you never know. LED's are perfectly matched with the ABL (and each other) and have a bunch of spares anyhoo.

Anyone gathered some metrics on the MTBF for 5 SMD LED bulbs?