Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Anyone have trouble with State Farm paying a claim?

Two months ago I was hit by a car that ran a stop sign. It was my Toyota Tacoma and it did minor damage. I called the police, but no accident report was written. An exchange slip was written.

After contacting the drivers insurance company (State Farm) the driver admitted fault. I was told to get an estimate and it would be taken care of. I am still waiting on the check.

I have called several times and was told it was being processed. Anyone have similar problems with State Farm?

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
Two months ago I was hit by a car that ran a stop sign. It was my Toyota Tacoma and it did minor damage. I called the police, but no accident report was written. An exchange slip was written.

After contacting the drivers insurance company (State Farm) the driver admitted fault. I was told to get an estimate and it would be taken care of. I am still waiting on the check.

I have called several times and was told it was being processed. Anyone have similar problems with State Farm?
I've had worse problems with State Farm. I got into an accident, the other guy (state farm) was cited for a violation and was verbally confirmed to be at fault @ the incident by the police. Anyway, State Farm tried to claim 100% fault on me. Needless to say, after 6 months of BS and litigation, the State Farm insured ended up paying 100%.

A friend of mine (31 years old) has State Farm Auto insurance. He spun out and totaled his car one night when there was freezing rain. State Farm immediately raised his rate and put him in the "high risk" driver category. He had no previous accidents. (different topic I know)

The same friend then got some hail damage to his house. State Farm initially said they'd pay for it. Then after the repairs were completed and an invoice was sent to State Farm by the contractor, Sate Farm stated that they would not pay the claim because there was no proof the work was done. What kind of BS is that? Cant an adjuster just go out and take a picture of the house to prove that work was done? Anyway, he fought that and they agreed to do a "partial" payment after he sent pictures in. I still have no idea why they only paid for part of the repair... I think my friend said that they lowered the payout due to the high level of homeowner's fraud in the area. I don't know how that is related to his hail damage, but that's what Sate Farm supposedly said.

So from my limited experience, I don't like state farm.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I've had worse problems with State Farm. I got into an accident, the other guy (state farm) was cited for a violation and was verbally confirmed to be at fault @ the incident by the police. Anyway, State Farm tried to claim 100% fault on me. Needless to say, after 6 months of BS and litigation, the State Farm insured ended up paying 100%.

A friend of mine (31 years old) has State Farm Auto insurance. He spun out and totaled his car one night when there was freezing rain. State Farm immediately raised his rate and put him in the "high risk" driver category. He had no previous accidents. (different topic I know)

The same friend then got some hail damage to his house. State Farm initially said they'd pay for it. Then after the repairs were completed and an invoice was sent to State Farm by the contractor, Sate Farm stated that they would not pay the claim because there was no proof the work was done. What kind of BS is that? Cant an adjuster just go out and take a picture of the house to prove that work was done? Anyway, he fought that and they agreed to do a "partial" payment after the work was completed.

So from my limited experience, I don't like state farm.
Sounds like my opinion mirrors yours. I am glad I don't use their insurance.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I usually just go to my insurance and have them go after the other company. Sometimes you may have to pony up your deductible but it will be refunded eventually.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Same type problem a few years ago. Got rearended by a person insured by state farm at a stop light. Person was very sorry, on a cell phone and didn't look up. Minor damage so we exchanged info and went on are way. Got a call from my insurance agent saying that State farm denied the claim since I was at fault ????? Got the other persons report and they said they ran into me ??? State Farm then said it was 50/50 at fault ???? long story short..... laywers got involved but I didn't see a check till 13 months later. Seems like they are the best at delay tactics.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I usually just go to my insurance and have them go after the other company. Sometimes you may have to pony up your deductible but it will be refunded eventually.
That's what I ended up doing when I got into my accident. Otherwise my truck would've sat in the repair shop for 6 months.

It's funny though because initially State Farm informed the body shop that they would pay for the repair, but in the coming days they claimed I was 100% at fault. Because State Farm was paying for the claim, the body shop was instructed to use used parts wherever possible (from other junked cars, no joke) But my insurer at the time Alstate required the use of new after market parts at the least. So when I switched the claim to my insurance so the repair could be finished, they had to tear my truck apart again and put in new parts... It was a huge headache.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I have state farm, i like them very much, my car got keyed, and it was a vandalism claim, everything was taken care of and i got the money direct deposit within a month.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
I'm insured by State Farm. I've lived in 4 different states while having State Farm insurance so I've have had several different agents. I haven't had a single problem in just over 30 years. Just saying.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
I'm insured by State Farm. I've lived in 4 different states while having State Farm insurance so I've have had several different agents. I haven't had a single problem in just over 30 years. Just saying.
+1 Been with them for 34 years, Had a few claims, and no issues.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
I agree.. No Problems had a few claims when I was younger and they have always takend care of it.. State Farm has been very good to work with.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
I had mixed times with them. Wife was hit by a truck trying to go around her in stand still traffic. Statefarm claimed my wife was 20% at fault since she didnt move to let the truck get into the next lane! WTF! I guess she should have put the little KIA into monster truck mode and went over the non moving cars in front of her.

Sucked it up and paid 20% to body shop to get the car done.

I have had statefarm now for the past 5 years and couldnt be happier. They busted 2 people trying to file false claims from a accident my wife had. She rear ended a bus that was making a illegal turn. 2 passerbys told the cops they were on the bus and now had neck pains. After several months statefarm busted them and is seeking to prosecute them. Turns out they were never on the bus but beggers that hung out on the corner begging for money. Thought they get a quick buck from the accident.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
kylenewman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I will never get insurance with State Farm again. They screwed me, I had my license suspended and needed to get proof of insurance. I told them 4-5 times over 2 weeks they needed to send the proof to the DMV. I even called them 2 days before i could get my license back. The owners daughter said "No, problem it's already been sent everything is fine". The day rolls around and of course the DMV never received the paperwork. I call up State Farm and they said oops we forgot to send it. I had to wait 5 more days for my license. I was supposed to be driving cross country as I was moving to a new apartment in AZ for school. I had to postpone everything and pay "Rent" charges because I couldn't move my stuff out of my old apartment and into the new apartment. If this wasn't bad enough they were charging me 2500$ a year for liability insurance on a 2001 montero sport. I switched to progressive and I was pay 1500$ a year for full coverage on my 2010 Camaro SS.

Also I have a friend that was hit by a taxi driver who ran a red light. State Farm said no problem, what do you know 3 days later they found him 100% at fault. They then took 20 days to decide his Audi was totalled, and took about 2 months to pay him in full.
kylenewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
cowjazz

Drives: 2010 2SS
I had a experience similar to the original poster's experience with Snake Farm. They accepted liability, and then denied liability. Filed a claim through my insurance, and received my deductible back once my insurance prevailed through subjugation.
cowjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #14
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Ive had StateFArm for years and no problems through 3 accidents. OP, no matter what you need a police statement stating who is at fault. It doesnt matter if someone hits you and leaves no damage at all. IF the cop wont write it, insist he do so. Thats one problem youll have with the insurance companies (if its not clear who is at fault, then theyll go to the easiest place to get their money).