Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #1961
Gotit4cheap16

Drives: Victory Red
Thanks don. So mine is installed right and i see the red light on the harness when the car is on but for some reason, at wot, my fuel pressure drops down to 44 psi. Any idea why?
Gotit4cheap16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #1962
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotit4cheap16 View Post
Thanks don. So mine is installed right and i see the red light on the harness when the car is on but for some reason, at wot, my fuel pressure drops down to 44 psi. Any idea why?
Map sensor 3 bar or 1 bar? Also, are you sure there is power to the pump @ wot? To test plug in a 1 bar sensor and ck pressure/pump. Pump should be on and pressure should be higher...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #1963
Gotit4cheap16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Map sensor 3 bar or 1 bar? Also, are you sure there is power to the pump @ wot? To test plug in a 1 bar sensor and ck pressure/pump. Pump should be on and pressure should be higher...

-Don
My mapp sensor is the one that comes stock on the zl1 lid and that is the one i am using. I belive there is power to the pump because with the car on, i opened up my hood and i see the red light on the dsx harness is lit up red.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #1964
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
My mapp sensor is the one that comes stock on the zl1 lid and that is the one i am using. I belive there is power to the pump because with the car on, i opened up my hood and i see the red light on the dsx harness is lit up red.
Pump only comes on based on boost setting — Dave usually has it set to 8 PSI unless you have less boost than that. The 1 bar map sensor will run it as a test so you can confirm. If you have an LS3 or a ‘white labeled’ map sensor, that will let you test. What PSI do you make?

-Don
Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #1965
Gotit4cheap16

I make 12 lbs. I read the instructions and plugged it into the black label sensor on the zl1 lid and it turned right on and the light on the box on the harness lit green. I then plug it back into the red sensor on the zl1 lid and the light on the box turns red. The instructions say it is supposed to turn on at 9.1psi of boost. I made a post on fb with a video

https://m.facebook.com/groups/122431...59020107489988
Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #1966
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

FB Link doesn't work but, this is what I was eluding too:

If you plugged into the 1 bar sensor (white print/labeled if you will), and it ran the pump, then the wiring is good. If you plug into the 3 bar sensor (red labeled) then it should come on once you've hit the 9.1 lbs of boost programmed (while running/driving at WOT). The light on the unit will be red until you hit that boost number @ WOT.

Edit: Dave noted below that it should NOT have a bright red light if working correctly...

Once you've hit the boost #, it should run the pump and fuel pressure will stabilize (my fuel pressure stays around 65 PSI after the initial hit -- which is between 80 and 90 PSI then will stabilize).

When you plugged in the 1 bar sensor, did you see what the fuel pressure was? Have you hit 9.1 boost when WOT to force the pump on?

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 04-19-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #1967
Gotit4cheap16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
FB Link doesn't work but, this is what I was eluding too:

If you plugged into the 1 bar sensor (white print/labeled if you will), and it ran the pump, then the wiring is good. If you plug into the 3 bar sensor (red labeled) then it should come on once you've hit the 9.1 lbs of boost programmed (while running/driving at WOT). The light on the unit will be red until you hit that boost number @ WOT. Once you've hit the boost #, it should run the pump and fuel pressure will stabilize (my fuel pressure stays around 65 PSI after the initial hit -- which is between 80 and 90 PSI then will stabilize).

When you plugged in the 1 bar sensor, did you see what the fuel pressure was? Have you hit 9.1 boost when WOT to force the pump on?

-Don

Here is a link to the video on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_i6I5wXHeXQ

When I plugged the 1 bar in, the fuel pressure was in the 60s
Old 04-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #1968
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Here is a link to the video on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_i6I5wXHeXQ

When I plugged the 1 bar in, the fuel pressure was in the 60s
That does look like the pump is not kicked on under boost. AeroForce can data log but, you’ll need to log somehow to see what’s going on. When the pump comes on (at least my setup) pressure goes up fast then settles and stays right around 60 PSI.

Have you let Dave know? He has super customer support. Send him the link to the video but I’m sure he’ll want a data log... looks like the pump kicks on when you eased up (60 psi, could see the pressure drop into the 40s when in boost). Almost like in ‘reverse’...

-Don
Old 04-19-2018, 12:25 AM   #1969
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Also, what FPCM do you have? Dave reprogrammed mine when I purchased his aux pump kit...

-Don
Old 04-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #1970
Gotit4cheap16

I have the stock fpcm but wad told it could be flashed now with hp tuners. I messaged my Tuner if he changed the necessary perameters in hp tuners. Does the fpcm have to be changed in hp tuners or tuner wise after the aux install? If so what?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #1971
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
You should not have a red light on. Did you remove the plastic pieces from under the nuts when you put the leads on? If you did, the power and ground wires will just short out to the pump body. That red light only comes on when the pump is trying to activate, but can't because of an over-current issue (like shorting the power side to ground). The red light should only be barely lit, if anything.

The Aeroforce doesn't read high pressures properly, and I don't know why. I think they have a scaling issue with how they interpret the CAN response.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #1972
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

If you have the LSA conversion, the FPCM should be tuned. I had the ADM initially, but had Dave tune mine after I bought his kit. If not tuned or you did not install a FPCM (like the ADM and ZL1 pump), I’d have your tuner contact Dave or, send Dave the FPCM...

Having the FPCM tuned properly is essential since it also controls fuel pump operations...

- Don
Old 04-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #1973
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Thanks Dave! My setup is older and I don’t believe I have the LEDs on mine. I’ll have to look ;o).

That is why I suggested the 1 bar sensor test. I would assume if wired incorrectly the 1 bar sensor test would indicate that. Then visually ck the pump connections (thus my pics).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1960

I too have the AeroForce but, have not noticed that it drops off fuel pressure in boost — but I log anyway to validate my readings and my log file shows good pressure...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 04-19-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #1974
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
They may have updated firmware, but there have been tons of reports of it displaying fuel pressure incorrectly when compared to EFI Live, HP Tuners, or any other scan gauge.

The controllers now have status LEDs. Green means the pump is on, and red means the output is not 12V when it should be which happens if input voltage from the battery is too low or if there's a short to ground. Because of the bias resistors, the LEDs can be faintly lit when not running. It sounds like it is all working correctly though if he is plugging into the one bar sensor and getting a green light.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote