Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Hassena91

Drives: 1993 Vw Golf Mk.III xD
An exciting edition of Challenger

What's up y'all, i was on top gears website, and found this beast

She got the looks that kill

Read the full story here:
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3181/

And must say i love it to death, the look of it also, and btw in my opinion the new challenger looks better than the older one,sharper,more precise, i was also thinking of Hurst may offer a camaro Hurst edition, that would be badass though

Just like they did with this baby:
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
hmmm... challenger is following in the footsteps of mustang. not good for mopar freaks.

plus...

A. Dont like it. Same old ugly, new stripes.

B. im sure your talking 50k+

C. that being said, if you bought me one of these overpriced, bloated, retro machines which embarrass their originals... id drive it.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Hassena91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
hmmm... challenger is following in the footsteps of mustang. not good for mopar freaks.

plus...

C. that being said, if you bought me one of these overpriced, bloated, retro machines which embarrass their originals... id drive it.

50k, is nothing dude, here in denmark, my dads 2001 toyota 2.0 diesel, costs 60k, and thats the price he paid for it used, not new

Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Welcome to the world of exchange rates. We're talking $50K USD, in the US, which is a fair bit of coin. $50K USD in the US will buy you a rather nice new BMW.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Hassena91

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Welcome to the world of exchange rates. We're talking $50K USD, in the US, which is a fair bit of coin. $50K USD in the US will buy you a rather nice new BMW.

Thats Unfair, that we have to pay like 50k USD for a BMW from late 90's, a 2006 used BMW 325d can set you around 120k USD, 3-5 times as much as the US
Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
255,474.99 Krone is what we're talking about. According to the Sep 1st exchange rate, Your dad bought that Toyota for $11,742.83 US Dollars. Which sounds about right.

**EDIT: upon researching what your taxing is like I see what you're talking about....yeah that sucks.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Hassena91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
255,474.99 Krone is what we're talking about. According to the Sep 1st exchange rate, Your dad bought that Toyota for $11,742.83 US Dollars. Which sounds about right.

**EDIT: upon researching what your taxing is like I see what you're talking about....yeah that sucks.
Auctully, no he paid 300.000 Krones wich is 58,822.38 USD, and i cant belive he paid that amount of money, for that shitty car, and look it, it sits in his garage, not doing shit, he still use he's 1998 VW GOLF that he paid 30k USD for
Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassena91 View Post

And must say i love it to death, the look of it also, and btw in my opinion the new challenger looks better than the older one,sharper,more precise, i was also thinking of Hurst may offer a camaro Hurst edition, that would be badass though

Just like they did with this baby:
Pretty cool on the first.

BUT......a 1969 Olds Hurst 442.

I do believe that the old 1969 Olds 442's are by far my favorite style of old musclecar. Just look at that beauty!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:

plus...

A. It isnt following the footsteps of the mustang because if you did some research you would know the same model existed in the 70s.

B. Yes it is 50k because it is supercharged ect ect and will blow the doors off the competition.

C. that being said, if you bought me a less attractive, decent priced, modernized car which has been played out already z28, then I still would drive it.

ANYTHING that goes back to the heritage of these cars is great for mopar freaks and car enthusiast mopar or not. It helps the competition get on their A-game.

And you of all people should be jumping up and down at this news because this puts pressure on GM to bring out the z28
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
A. It isnt following the footsteps of the mustang because if you did some research you would know the same model existed in the 70s.

B. Yes it is 50k because it is supercharged ect ect and will blow the doors off the competition.

C. that being said, if you bought me a less attractive, decent priced, modernized car which has been played out already z28, then I still would drive it.

ANYTHING that goes back to the heritage of these cars is great for mopar freaks and car enthusiast mopar or not. It helps the competition get on their A-game.

And you of all people should be jumping up and down at this news because this puts pressure on GM to bring out the z28
its following mustang in the sense of its excessive "editions"

and this has as little to do with GM as it does with Dodge. this puts pressure on aftermarket companies to customize the camaro, not GM. Dodge already played their hand.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
its following mustang in the sense of its excessive "editions"

and this has as little to do with GM as it does with Dodge. this puts pressure on aftermarket companies to customize the camaro, not GM. Dodge already played their hand.
yea I agree, but I imagined from the start that both these cars would get alot of aftermarket treatment.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I see supercharged Challenger and think supercharged Camaro
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
brotherben

Drives: 1994 camaro 6 cil. all stock
I don't know why every one isn't liking the new challenger. It has a lot of similar lines that the camaro shares.
brotherben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
Hassena91

Quote:

plus...

Who said that mopar freaks won't like it, if we go back in time, in the muscle car years, this isn't the first mopar by HURST

Look at this from 1970

There is one of these for sale here in Denmark, it have an interesting story behind it, the owner says the car was made in late 1970, back then, these cars were originally 440 magnum's,but they had 2 426 hemi's left over, and chrysler wanted to get rid of 'em, so they've putted 426's and Dana 60's in to those rare 300C's, the owner also said, that it is 1 of the 2 426 Hurst's ever made, and this one is one of them.