Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #57
ccdan

Drives: Real Nice
the planets seem to be aligning and can break away from the shop this weekend, give me a call about the vendor info
john 386 258 0083
ccdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #58
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
My Gawd!!! Ok, so it appears everyone will be picking up a 50/50 Bed-Sheet (AKA: T-Shirt) The sponsor list is absolutely awesome!!!

Excellent participation. I need to find another Credit Card!
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #59
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Assumming I get on the road here in the next couple of hours, I will see you all Friday morning....

WooHOO it is almost time!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #60
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
To All the sponsors who participated in our first annual event:

I can't thank you all enough for being here and making the investment of you time and money to show your product's and services with out members. We are truly grateful for all that you have done for Camaro5 Fest.

I am truly sorry for the Friday change that led to a less than desirable location for your booths.

I am truly grateful for the considerable cooperation we received in accommodating the new location.

Please feel free to post your recommendations here. We'd like to get better at this as we start planing for next years event.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #61
GTAHVIT
Blessed

#1 Vendors entrance
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #62
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
To All the sponsors who participated in our first annual event:

I can't thank you all enough for being here and making the investment of you time and money to show your product's and services with out members. We are truly grateful for all that you have done for Camaro5 Fest.

I am truly sorry for the Friday change that led to a less than desirable location for your booths.

I am truly grateful for the considerable cooperation we received in accommodating the new location.

Please feel free to post your recommendations here. We'd like to get better at this as we start planing for next years event.

Chris,

Thanks for putting a great show together!

I have no complaints
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #63
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
The show was awsome but it needs to be a 2 day event though.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #64
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Camaro5 crew,
Thanks for putting on a great show.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #65
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
The show was awesome but it needs to be a 2 day event though.
Amen to the 2-day event

I second that putting on car shows is not easy our car club (Classic Camaro of Central Florida) help put on the Ecklers Winter Nationals lots of things go on behind the scenes we start planning as soon as the event is over for the following year.

A few minor glitches that can be overcome a few suggestions

1. Make Camaro5 Fest a full 2-day event (Participants start arriving on Thursday, Friday & Saturday full day events, Sunday morning awards, ect..)
2. Have a Camaro5 Registration booth up front staffed with maps, pre-printer name tags for people to check in plus have radios for staff to communicate
3. Offer on site food vendors lots of people were looking for food
4. IMHO the vendor area was in a perfect spot people had to walk by to get to the track (we just need a map of where people are located or signs pointing to where they are parked)
5. Come back to Georgia for the 2nd annual Camaro5 Fest.
6. Start looking for volunteers to help for Camaro 5 Fest
Old 04-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #66
TeamTCA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS #21068
Thanks, Chris. It was an awesome event. We had a blast even though my crew was worn out. I would also like to see a two-day event (providing you can get enough sponsorship to rent the facility for that long-----it cost big $$$ folks).

Overall, excellent turnout for both vendors and participants I thought. I did want the vendor area to be located in the pits like originally planned but I think it all worked out great the way it was. Maybe a map though roughly laying out areas of the event. Also hard to hear the track announcer in the vendor area but it all worked.

I hope to be able to participate in the future. Thanks for letting me a part of it. Let me know if there is anything that we (TC AUDIO or TEAM TCA) can do for you bro.

Kenwood Excelon, Rockford Fosgate, JBL, Hertz, Audison, Illusion Audio,
Mosconi, Diamond Audio, Hybrid Audio, WetSounds, & more
TeamTCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #67
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Thanks for the great feedback.

In speaking with our members, it was pretty clear that having you all set up made a big difference in the turnout...

The GM guys, in particular, were surprised at how many modded camaros were there...

Please feel free to voice your likes and dislikes. The last thing we want to do is get lazy and rest on this event's success.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #68
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Chris, I know this is mainly for the vendors to speak up, but I just wanted to jump in. I know the original plan and last minute changes, but I really would like to see a vendors alley. ....one long alley with vendors on each side with more wiggle room for customer installation. I'd like to see vendors with cars in their booths being worked on...(and I want mine to be one of them!!!). Vendor raffles would be pretty cool too. I saw one Chevy Dealer have a raffle which brought a pretty large group of people around their set up.

Quote:
1. Make Camaro5 Fest a full 2-day event (Participants start arriving on Thursday, Friday & Saturday full day events, Sunday morning awards, ect..)

I completely agree and think most members feel the same way. This is my personal priority for next year.

2. Have a Camaro5 Registration booth up front staffed with maps, pre-printer name tags for people to check in plus have radios for staff to communicate

I was even thinking of doing a 6pm to 8pm registration at the host hotel next year where everyone could pick up their name tags (so we could get to know more people at the hotel before having to get them at the track). Times, of course, could be worked out on picking them up. But, I thought it would be nice to have them at the hotel. We will also have a large and more noticable Camaro5 booth at the event.

4. IMHO the vendor area was in a perfect spot people had to walk by to get to the track (we just need a map of where people are located or signs pointing to where they are parked)
Yep. I'd love to do maps. We'd have to have zero complications if we had maps made up (which would be given out at the gate with all other materials).
We'll see...lol Personally, I'd like to try to make this an opportunity for everyone to attend...which means moving it around. But, I think we could easily be back to this location.
You got this right!
Great suggestions!

Keep them coming, folks!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #69
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Moving the show around has some positives and negatives. The biggest issue I see is if you keep moving it, every year the logistics are a new beast.

There is nothing wrong with GA, but if you guys do move it, I would recommend trying the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. There are a few reasons for this. First off, if you get any more cars, I don't think the host hotel in GA has the room to handle it. In Bowling Green, the Vette museum has tons of parking..and makes a great central meeting point. Also the Museum has air conditioned conference rooms, the museum itself, banquet facilities, factory tours, a great store, and all that other stuff. It is a great vacation for any GM enthusiast. Bowling Green has a lot of hotel space to support the large Corvette shows, and Beech Bend Raceway is very close. There used to be a F-body show in September there every year that died shortly after the 4th gen because GM pulled support.

Lastly, from what I have seen in the past, the Corvette Museum puts on these shows all year long, and they seem to have it down. It appears if you scedule your show there, they handle a lot of the logistics themselves and have all the local contacts needed to put it togethor for you. That would not leave the staff here trying to rope togethor all the little details.

Again, GA is fine..but just an idea if you decide to move it. Maybe get 2-3 sites and rotate it.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #70
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Chris, I know this is mainly for the vendors to speak up, but I just wanted to jump in. I know the original plan and last minute changes, but I really would like to see a vendors alley. This is a great idea. It would be excellent if all vendors can fit. But I bet there will be even more vendors next year. They might not all fit ....one long alley with vendors on each side with more wiggle room for customer installation. I'd like to see vendors with cars in their booths being worked on...(and I want mine to be one of them!!!). Vendor raffles would be pretty cool too. I saw one Chevy Dealer have a raffle which brought a pretty large group of people around their set up.

Quote:

I completely agree and think most members feel the same way. This is my personal priority for next year.

2-1/2 day is a must especially for people who travelled 1,000+ miles each way. It went well but was a rocketship event in 30 hours

I was even thinking of doing a 6pm to 8pm registration at the host hotel next year where everyone could pick up their name tags (so we could get to know more people at the hotel before having to get them at the track).
Yes, it would be great to quickly know who you are talking to...
Times, of course, could be worked out on picking them up. But, I thought it would be nice to have them at the hotel. We will also have a large and more noticable Camaro5 booth at the event.

A very noticable Camaro 5 booth. This may even be next to a stage area where people could gather for announcements or awards or food gatherings. Basically a single location where people go for info/gatherings. Bring a bullhorn/PA

Definitely.

Yep. I'd love to do maps. We'd have to have zero complications if we had maps made up (which would be given out at the gate with all other materials). Maps and if possible mod/staff radios would save time. I think Chris' phone exploded halfway through C5Fest!

We'll see...lol Personally, I'd like to try to make this an opportunity for everyone to attend...which means moving it around. But, I think we could easily be back to this location. I vote we move the SGMP facility... j/k. It is a great location, but does limit west coast people, well except El Diablo... But TAG brings up a very valid point.

You got this right!

Great suggestions!

Keep them coming, folks!
And do not forget - the GA Men In Blue were spectacular. That is one thing that may be hard to find elsewhere...