Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
SargeantSarcasm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Sarge's 2013 Black on Black ZL1 M6

Before you get into the thread here's a spoiler for you guys. This is how she sits today:

Hi guys! Haven't been very active until now, but I picked up my new 2013 ZL1 Black on Black with the 6-speed transmission about a week ago. Hadn't had a chance to post her up yet because I'm spending a lot of my time trying to get past the 1500 mile mark. Been driving her a lot and I'm already almost at 1000 miles. I'm really excited about the build. Thinking it will be a long process that drains my pockets constantly(premed student) but it'll definitely be worth it in the end. Here are a few pictures:

Above is the picture of car when I went to pick it up from the dealership here in Baton Rouge.

The first thing I did when I got home from picking the car up was order bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com to fill in the holes once I removed the hideous license plate frame. The end result is pictured below. It gave the car a much cleaner look immediately.

And a few more pics of the car before I made a few changes:

This past Friday I dropped my car off at All Pro Tint and Graphics to get rid of the chrome and gold on the car, tint the windows and lights, and install 3M paint protection on the front bumper. I picked my car up this afternoon and was very pleased with the outcome.

Rather than using the standard paint protection kit for the ZL1, the guys at All Pro decided to do a custom job and ensure a seamless finish.

While the car was there for the night, I also had the taillights, reverse lights, spoiler light, and side markers professionally tinted and got the fender lettering removed. Got the ZL1 emblems and the bowtie wrapped in matte black. The bowties and emblems will be replaced with products from RPI designs as soon as they come in. I ordered several matte black ZL1 emblems and the bowties with matte black trim and carbon fiber center. Here are some pics of how the car sits as of today(11/16/13):

Limo tint all the way around

Finally, once the reverse lights were tinted we cut "ZL1" out of a piece of vinyl and placed it over the reverse lights so that it clearly reads "ZL1" when the reverse lights are lit up. Pictured below.

That's all I have done now, but definitely look some performance mods in the future. I'm looking to get about 600 rwhp in the coming months as well as continue to add little cosmetic mods here and there. My next mod will most likely by Oracle ColorShift 2.0s in the headlights and fog lights, and getting the silver interior pieces replaced in black or carbon fiber.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my thread. I'll update it as often as possible. Definitely open to any suggestions!

Last edited by SargeantSarcasm; 12-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
SargeantSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Looks great.....although, it looked sweet right out of the box....

Enjoy your new ride and congrats on making it YOUR OWN!!

Kurt ABL99...
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Looks great! Keep it up
Old 11-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
CamaroLB
SoCal HT5 COTW 12/16/2013

Drives: Burning B
Like the all black tone! congrats!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Looks like it came from Gerry Lane? They had a Victory Red ZL1 I was drooling over a couple months ago. I ended up trading my six banger in on a '13 1LE in Hammond. Your car looks great! Maybe I'll see it in town some time. I'm out in Livingston Parish.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
SargeantSarcasm

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
Looks like it came from Gerry Lane? They had a Victory Red ZL1 I was drooling over a couple months ago. I ended up trading my six banger in on a '13 1LE in Hammond. Your car looks great! Maybe I'll see it in town some time. I'm out in Livingston Parish.
Yeah we aren't too far apart, I'm in Baton Rouge. Hard to find a good group to ride with in the area! We need to make something happen down here lol
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
SargeantSarcasm

Also, I'm thinking about changing the taillight bezels to carbon fiber and ordering some carbon fiber fender lettering from RPI. Should I go with the or stick with the black?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSarcasm View Post
Thanks guys

Yeah we aren't too far apart, I'm in Baton Rouge. Hard to find a good group to ride with in the area! We need to make something happen down here lol
There is a big club here in the area but they seemed to have wound down for now in the winter months. I'm game for trips! Hah.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
SargeantSarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
There is a big club here in the area but they seemed to have wound down for now in the winter months. I'm game for trips! Hah.
Aw. It doesn't get cold enough down here to shut down over here! Definitely shoot me a PM if your looking for someone to ride with. I'm probably gonna take a trip over to the track in NOLA in the near future.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
js0uth

Drives: Chevy Camaro
goodness. ZL1's looks so beastly. especially black.
js0uth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
SargeantSarcasm

Update: Ordered Colorshift 2.0s. Going with the eagle eye setup in the headlamps and also got a ring for the fog lights. Should be installed Friday afternoon!

Having a hard time deciding what to do with the ZL1 emblems. Want to eliminate the chrome, but you can only see the black "ZL1" if the light hits it perfectly. Had a couple people tell me they could barely see it while driving next to me, so I'm definitely open to suggestions.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
SargeantSarcasm

Got the colorshift 2.0 kit installed. Eagle eye style in the headlights and also a ring in each of the fog lights. Definitely makes the car unique. Also got front and rear bowties from RPI installed. As far as the ZL1 emblems go, I decided to wrap the face of each of the emblems in black carbon fiber. It still pops, but it takes away the chrome look which is what I was going for. Let me know what you guys think!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
A great start my man car looks badass
Old 11-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
SargeantSarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
A great start my man car looks badass