Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
rreale

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I used my ac on my 2013 last week, not that cold. Back in the day you used to measure the temp coming out of the vents, i remember getting 39 degrees in my old ponitac gran prix, but that was R11 or 12. i know the new refrigerant isnt as cold. is there a temp on should be getting out of the vents. yes i have recric on
rreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
S.Chung

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
2013 ss is anyone else having a problem with the ac is not becoming cold?
S.Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #31
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
sub
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Have been having a problem with the temperature of my a/c, also get a loud whining noise. Sounds like a compressor problem.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
Have been having a problem with the temperature of my a/c, also get a loud whining noise. Sounds like a compressor problem.
NYblack1le,

Sorry to hear about your A/C concerns. I'd be happy to research any recalls regarding this on your vehicle if you send me your VIN. Have you also contacted your local dealer?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #34
jesse10

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
my 2010 2ss ac does not come out COLD either, just cool. Its annoying bcuz I get into any friends car and quickly notice the ice cold air coming out their ac system.I know if I go to the dealership, they will say its "normal" since it is coming out cool....just not cold.
jesse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
Super_Dave

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Synergy
I drive a 2012SS synergy package. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that my AC was working but blowing air that was hotter than the late August Mississippi swamp air outside of the car.

I scheduled an appointment at a local Chevy dealer with a good reputation (bought the car out of state). They kept my car for 2 days and then told me that they had to order a new evaporator core because mine had blown. This was on a Friday.

Picked my car up so it would not be sitting at that dealer all weekend. Finally the following Tuesday they tell me the parts are in and that it should only be a 1-2 day deal.

Fast forward to last Friday afternoon, I call to check on the status of my car and they tell me it has turned into a bigger job than expected. At this point I am still patient figuring it is better to let them do their thing and get it right. I am told it should be done on Monday mid day.

Monday late afternoon rolls around, car is still not ready. They say that my entire dash has to come out but in order to do so, they have to pull my windshield out. O----K..... Impatience and frustration is beginning. As of yesterday my car is still not finished, and it has been with them for an entire week not including the 2 days they took to find the problem or the wait time on parts.

I decided to drop by the dealership just to put my eyes on my car and make sure that it hadn't been totaled or stolen or something else crazy. I get there and walk back to the service area with the service manager. Parts are everywhere. My entire dash is thrown on the side of the work area, glove box thrown to the side, center console is pulled apart, random parts pieces, buttons, clips etc strewn every goddamned where. Parts are stacked nearly to the roof in the back seat. Grease rubbed into the leather of both my front seats, the ****ing steering wheel and a pile of parts is sitting in somebody's tool box, the engine compartment has parts pulled out and sitting all over the place intermixed with tools. Then he tells me "ohh we had a problem with the glass guys damaged your dash board", there are cuts along one corner where whatever tool they were using to pry my windshield out cut into the vinyl. He then also shows me a gubber/foam looking gasket that got ripped pulling the windshield out. I try to keep my cool. I understand they are working on it. They promise it will be put back together right. I took some photos to CYA in case things aren't right.

I get it, it takes alot to get to the evaporator core to change it out. Could you at least not destroy the ****ing care in the process? I work on things, I understand you gotta do what you gotta do. Could you at least have shit laid out where you know in what order it came out of the car?

I just have a feeling that my car which was in pretty much mint shape will never be right. Has anyone had to have their car torn apart this far to fix their AC problem?
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #36
MrAL300

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue
I have a 2014 2LS. For some reason, when I turn on the fan only, the a/c also comes on, and the display changes from fresh air to auto recirc. Why would the a/c come on if I am not pressing the a/c (snowflake) button?
MrAL300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi MrAL300,

When you state you're using fan only, do you mean you're selecting vent, or are you also possibly using the defogger? The air conditioning may also come on automatically when you select defrost (p. 8-2 of the owner's manual). If you are simply selecting vent, the A/C shouldn't necessarily come on automatically. Are you able to turn it off at all, or does it stay on regardless of whether you push the button to turn it off?

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAL300 View Post
I have a 2014 2LS. For some reason, when I turn on the fan only, the a/c also comes on, and the display changes from fresh air to auto recirc. Why would the a/c come on if I am not pressing the a/c (snowflake) button?
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #38
MrAL300

The vent is set to bi-level or top vents, not defog. I ensure the a/c is off when I turn off the engine. When I return later, I start the engine and turn on the fan, but the a/c turns on as well. I am going to the dealer next week so they can look into this phenomenon.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #39
MrAL300

My car was at the dealership service center for an entire week. During this time they were in contact with GM while attempting to resolve the issue. The following tasks were performed:
1) update computer software
2) replace HVAC controller module/unit
3) replace climate control / radio faceplate

None of these were able to solve the problem. GM feels this may be a design feature. They are doing additional research to determine if the software is designed to make the a/c come on automatically the first time the fan is used after starting the car, but then not come on again automatically for several hours. I hope that regardless of what they determine, they should at least offer a voluntary computer update to disable this feature. I will provide an update here when/if I learn anything more.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #40
MrAL300

The field engineer was not able to determine the cause or find a way to fix it. He doesn't know why it is happening but he doesn't think it should happen. He took lots of data from the computer and will send it to GM Engineering for analysis. It is interesting to note that the engineer determined that if this fan is turned on before starting the car then the a/c will not come on unless the a/c button is pressed. This is very interesting. It's not a solution but it's a work-around I can live with.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #41
Afront

Drives: 2015 camaro SS
I have a 2015 Camaro bought brand-new from the dealer. The AC was going hot to cold the first thing that they did was try to recharge the AC. That did not work and then I noticed my transmission temperature sensor gauge going all over the place. The next thing they tried was to change out my gauges. That of course did not work as well. Next thing they did was change out the temperature sensor on the transmission and that did not work. Next thing they did was changed out the ECM twice. That did not work. Finally they figured out there was RF interference in my engine wiring harness and they disconnected my wire harness from all its home locations and laid it on the side of my engine. And told me it was fixed. When I have the dealer show me what they did I noticed the wire harness not properly where it should be and then they told me they wanted me to drive it for a couple weeks to see if the problem was gone. I have not had a problem with my AC sense but when I brought it back 2 weeks later to have them fix or change out the wiring harness all they did was repositioned it and left it with exposed wires and not connected and all of its proper connection points. My AC is working but the workmanship was extremely poor and it took them months to figure out the problem. And then tried to send me home with my engine harness just laying on the side of the engine. With no intentions on fixing it until I have them show me what they did and I noticed it was not properly connected.
Afront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #42
elviscentral

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro
Well min doesn't get cold either. I have a 2014 Chevy Camaro LS. I also have issue with the ac coming on when you turn on the blower motor. I have taken it in and even though it is under warranty GMC won't fix it when they have fixed it before. No more GM's for me.
elviscentral is offline   Reply With Quote