Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 PM   #43
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I think the paint cracked from the top of the strut rotating with the cap half off. The crooked cap turned with the top of the strut and that pushed against the underside of the hood as it turned cracking the paint and slightly denting the hood.

What concerns me more is the ultra tight clearance in that area. Obviously, it seems to be a very tight fit where the hood is located above the strut towers. The hood actually has huge cutouts on the underside panel.

I wonder if this is a design problem from using a sleeker, lower profile hoodline on the existing Zeta chassis?
This sounds logical...
OK, back from the dealer... This is being covered, everything else looks OK. I am going to get some type of aftermarket cover that covers the whole "cap"... Or I may just silicone the cap onto the nut. Strangest thing, would have never thought it could happen but obviously the chance does exist... Check your caps!
Thanks
Dan