Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #71
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
WE MADE OUR ORIGINAL ORDER FOR OUR IOM 2SSCAMARO ON SWEETEST DAY LAST YEAR AND THEN FOUND OUT IN FEB. THAT THE DEALERSHIP WAS CLOSING. THEY NEVER CALLED US ABOUT IT AND WE HAD TO FIGHT TO GET OUR DEPOSIT BACK. WE MADE OUR SECOND ORDER ON VALENTINES DAY THIS YEAR. WENT SATURDAY TO CONFIRM OUR ORDER WHICH WE DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD TO DO, THEY THEN TELL US THE SALESMAN IS NO LONGER THERE. THEY ALSO TELL US IF WE KEEP THE HURST SHIFTER ON OUR ORDER IT MIGHT TAKE A COUPLE OF MONTHS LONGER TO GET OUR CAR. THEY FINALLY TOLD US YESTERDAY THAT THEY ARE PUSHING OUR ORDER THROUGH. WE SEEM TO KNOW MORE THAN THEM THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE. WE HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN A EMAIL STATING THAT THEY HAVE ORDERED OUR CAR. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT IT HAS CERTAINLY BEEN A NIGHTMARE. WITH OUR ORIGINAL ORDER WE WERE WITHIN THE FIRST 1100 THAT ORDERED NOW THERE ARE 11,000 IN FRONT OF US. THIS REALLY STINKS!!! IF YOU DO CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER, THEY CAN TELL YOU IF THE ORIGINAL ORDER WAS CANCELLED BUT THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. THEY ACTUALLY CALLED ME TODAY AND TOLD ME THAT THEY STILL DON'T HAVE A PRODUCTION DATE.
KATHY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #72
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
GM needs to look into some of the crap. They may not dabble in how these dealerships sell cars but if they want to salvage and rebuild their reputation, getting more involved would be a good idea. :(
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #73
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroyoung View Post
GM needs to look into some of the crap. They may not dabble in how these dealerships sell cars but if they want to salvage and rebuild their reputation, getting more involved would be a good idea. :(
This is the truth; GM (and every car manufacturer) really hurt themselves by allowing the set up of dealerships the way they do.

Think of it this way: Apple Computers has even less control over their distribution channels then GM (they are not affiliated with the regular stores) yet Apple has very strict policies on pricing that leave the stores with two options: agree or never get any more products from Apple.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #74
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
Congrats on the post that makes zero sense what so ever.
What are you talking about? That made sense to me... think about it for a second...
Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #75
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
THANKS! IT IS MY PRIDE AND JOY!

THAT IS WHY I LEFT THE INFO ON MY VETTE IN ONE OF MY COMMENTS. IF THERE IS A DEALER THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TRADING WITH ME I WOULD GLADLY LEAVE MY CURRENT DEALER AND PROBABLY RAISE HELL ALL THE WAY OUT. BUT I AM TIED TO TRYING TO TRADE IN A CAR NOT JUST BUYING ON OUTRIGHT.
BTW Ma'am are your a McCoy? This could be the root of your problem.

Just trying to lighten up this thread a bit. Best of luck to you in resolving this issue.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #76
[KRPT]ECP
Professional Lurker

Drives: '97 LeSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
THANKS! IT IS MY PRIDE AND JOY!

THAT IS WHY I LEFT THE INFO ON MY VETTE IN ONE OF MY COMMENTS. IF THERE IS A DEALER THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TRADING WITH ME I WOULD GLADLY LEAVE MY CURRENT DEALER AND PROBABLY RAISE HELL ALL THE WAY OUT. BUT I AM TIED TO TRYING TO TRADE IN A CAR NOT JUST BUYING ON OUTRIGHT.
I'd suggest if you don't mind the long drive home and a bit of a wait, going to camaroscotty, he's been on the site probably longer than I have, has been very active, and has promised msrp among other things
[KRPT]ECP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #77
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
if you have not already email this thread to your sales man and say good luck with future sales.

At 8000 over MSRP the camaros will sit on their lots
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #78
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I have a question for you.

Most of us got our orders in for MSRP.

Go to the camaro site on chevy.com...and build your Camaro.

This is the price most of us are paying. Now take your order...and say, "Yeah, I'm willing to pay twice as much as everyone else for the RS package."

Is this ok to you?

If not, rethink your order...because you are if you're paying $1200 over MSRP.

Cancel your order, call GM...and if you're not satisfied with the results after contacting GM...contact the Better Business Bureau (and also give that dealership and GM notification that you are doing so.)

It's wrong on all accounts. You are being pushed around and bullied and you're just willing to take it because you want the product.

I hate to sound rude because I'm just trying to open your eyes...but how do you expect us to want to help you if you want to do nothing to help yourself? By agreeing to place another order with them...FOR MORE THAN YOU SHOULD BE PAYING...after they did this to you, then you're just sweeping it under the rug...and saying, "It's ok, I forgive you."
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #79
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
+1

taht and GM isn;t really that involved in the sale part of it becuz technically when you think about it the dealer is BUYING these cars from GM and Reselling them (it's like if a store sells wholesale and you buy it and sell it at a higher price and someone complains to the wholesaler)
So what you're re saying is that GM can care less about us buying the cars since they are not selling them to us directly????We all know Scott "fbodfather" Settlemeyer doesn't think that way as he has shown countless times in this forum. So where is GM and why don't they help out. Then the argument goes "GM does care but they can't do diddly squat because too much power was given in contract to the dealerships allowing them to treat their customers like shit, lie to them, steal away their orders that are in their name and then force the customer to pay $8,000 over the agreed price or lose the car" yes that's a run-on but you get the point... and GM has to look the other way.. Gimme a break... GM really needs to fix the whole GM to dealership model as part of all this restructuring that is going on before it is too late...GM needs to punish these retarded dealers who could careless about returning loyal customers who have bought countless cars from them over the years all to make an extra $8,000 or more...It is ridiculous and unconscionable behavior from both GM (by looking the other way) and the dealers...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #80
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
First you should throw a brick throw there windows. Then really get mad!
Nooooo, get mad first....then throw a bucket of doggy doo through the doors!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #81
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
This is not typical good business practice, greed will eventually hang this dealer ! I have ordered three cars form my dealer, including my 10 2SS and never signed anything except the CC slip. The only way I will be paying more is if he pays more. If he gets discounts to pass on, I get them. We feel your pain man !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #82
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I think he was trying to contradict that you said GM doesn't give a shit. Whether they do or not is irrelevant to the fact that legally they can't intervene. That was my point.

Thats the point I was making. Gm does care about its customers but they can only go so far as to help.. You wouldn't believe what it takes to close a dealer down due to unhappy customers. It rarely happens....

I didn't know I had to spell it out for somepeople.....Forgive me
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #83
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Thats the point I was making. Gm does care about its customers but they can only go so far as to help.. You wouldn't believe what it takes to close a dealer down due to unhappy customers. It rarely happens....

I didn't know I had to spell it out for somepeople.....Forgive me

Hey, I'm here to help- I REALLY AM...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #84
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
So what you're re saying is that GM can care less about us buying the cars since they are not selling them to us directly????We all know Scott "fbodfather" Settlemeyer doesn't think that way as he has shown countless times in this forum. So where is GM and why don't they help out. Then the argument goes "GM does care but they can't do diddly squat because too much power was given in contract to the dealerships allowing them to treat their customers like shit, lie to them, steal away their orders that are in their name and then force the customer to pay $8,000 over the agreed price or lose the car" yes that's a run-on but you get the point... and GM has to look the other way.. Gimme a break... GM really needs to fix the whole GM to dealership model as part of all this restructuring that is going on before it is too late...GM needs to punish these retarded dealers who could careless about returning loyal customers who have bought countless cars from them over the years all to make an extra $8,000 or more...It is ridiculous and unconscionable behavior from both GM (by looking the other way) and the dealers...

It's not what GM has done. You have to thank the elected people for this problem......
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote