Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbh_1LE View Post
Is it just me or does this need to be removed from the forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20141le View Post
How does someone get home due to votes? Is there a wish fairy somewhere cause if so I have a few wishes too. I second the vote for removal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I am 100% in support of our armed service...... But I am more concerned that the car owner has not seen his family in 5 years, needs to win this free road trip so he can drive his modified Camaro from TX to NorCal. Just doesn't sound right ?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
I don't like this either.

I don't like the cards being played here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Agreed, something isnt right. 13+yr Active service still myself and this is shady, somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
This is BS, remove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I Call BS on this.
Quote:
American Airlines has a program that will foot the bill if he is legit.
Really guys? It took me 30 seconds to vote and 15 seconds more to find his picture..
The guy just wants to win a road trip for his family, I honestly would like to think that you guys didn't read his post, so here it is:

Hey guys. Im trying to win the Nationwide Insurance competition so that I can take my family on a road trip from Texas to Northern California to visit family and friends. We haven't been back home in many years and would love to finally get back. I was combat wounded in Afghanistan 2 1/2 years ago and there are a lot of people that supported my through everything that I would love to go back home to and thank in person as well as just see family and friends. I have 4 kids and a service dog so flying is pretty expensive. Im trying to stay active duty so it would be nice to go on a trip before i go back to work after my recovery is over. Voting ends on Nov 3rd and you can vote once a day. Right now I am way behind the leader and its just a Lancer. I think a Camaro can do better than that . Thank you for the support and please pass the word so we can win this
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
The presentation above by the OP was poor. Your post is what I would have preferred to see from the get go. He has my vote.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #17
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
The presentation above by the OP was poor. Your post is what I would have preferred to see from the get go. He has my vote.

Thanks for the clarification.
that's what I thought, I figured most people didn't read the original thread.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I went to the thread and read OP. He already paid for the trip in my eyes, so I voted.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #19
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
I went to the thread and read OP. He already paid for the trip in my eyes, so I voted.
THANK YOU FOR THOSE THAT VOTED FOR HIM,BUT YOU GUYS THAT MADE THOSE NASTY COMMENTS SHOULD BE ASHAMED. JUST TO SAY YOU DIDNT LIKE WHAT I WROTE IS AWAY TO COVER UP FOR BEING A RUDE PERSON PERIOD...I AM JUST PASSING ON A THREAD SOMEONE ELSE STARTED FOR HIM..AND I AM SURE YOU DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO READ THE POSTING..
THANK YOU CMOTOX
OH HERE IS A PICTURE OF MYSELF JUST SO YOU CAN SAY B.S AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO THE FACT THAT I AM DISABLED,AND ALSO A VET WHO WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP A BROTHER.you can vote once a day.
Attached Images

Last edited by gen=5; 10-30-2013 at 03:11 AM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #20
gen=5

Quote:
This is BS, remove.
B.S HU
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I Call BS on this.
B.S REALLY
Quote:
I am 100% in support of our armed service...... But I am more concerned that the car owner has not seen his family in 5 years, needs to win this free road trip so he can drive his modified Camaro from TX to NorCal. Just doesn't sound right ?!?
WHEELCHAIRS SUCK ! YOU WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND I SPENT OVER A YR IN THE HOSPITAL AND 3 YRS IN REHAB AND STILL GO FROM TIME TO TIME WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERN !
IF YOU LOOK AT HIS LEG ITS STILL HEALING !!!!!!!!!!MAYBE HE DID ALSO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbh_1LE View Post
Is it just me or does this need to be removed from the forum?
YOUR REALLY THAT HEARTLESS SOME PEOPLE.

I DONT GET MAD VERY OFTEN BUT YOU GUYS REALLY ARE JUST SOME OF THE WORST MEMBERS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS,I AM SORRY BUT I JUST CANT KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT,GET A HEART WILL YOU..
Old 10-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #21
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Turn off caps lock...

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:13 AM   #22
gen=5

you guys can vote once a day to help out..
Old 10-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #23
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
B.S HU

B.S REALLY

WHEELCHAIRS SUCK ! YOU WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND I SPENT OVER A YR IN THE HOSPITAL AND 3 YRS IN REHAB AND STILL GO FROM TIME TO TIME WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERN !
IF YOU LOOK AT HIS LEG ITS STILL HEALING !!!!!!!!!!MAYBE HE DID ALSO

YOUR REALLY THAT HEARTLESS SOME PEOPLE.

I DONT GET MAD VERY OFTEN BUT YOU GUYS REALLY ARE JUST SOME OF THE WORST MEMBERS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS,I AM SORRY BUT I JUST CANT KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT,GET A HEART WILL YOU..
Dude calm down a bit. With all the scams and bs that happen on the Internet people are little untrusted about things like this. I really appreciate the sacrifice and what you have done for our country, but a true warrior doesn't play the victim card, which you are starting to do. Ease up, it was just a misunderstanding.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #24
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I am a Vet as well AND an IT expert. One of the calling cards of scammers is all caps and bad grammar.

THAT is why so many of us were skeptical. After christianmotox's post, it became clear that this is NOT a hoax. So calm down and accept our votes now.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #25
Chief8404
HMC(ret)

Drives: 2017 1LE(Traded In for a truck)
I have served the last 17 years on active duty and did three combat tours. My grip wasnt with the service member but with the way it was presented. I have seen a lot of BS emails over the years since the wars started and asshmed this was another one. I voted...he just needs a better pitch man who doesnt yell in text with all caps.
Chief8404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #26
Chief8404
HMC(ret)

Drives: 2017 1LE(Traded In for a truck)
Haha assumed not asshmed.
Chief8404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
gen=5

[QUOTE=SteveV;7140347]I am a Vet as well AND an IT expert. One of the calling cards of scammers is all caps and bad grammar.

THAT is why so many of us were skeptical. After christianmotox's post, it became clear that this is NOT a hoax. So calm down and accept our votes now.[/Q

Thank you,I am blind in one eye,and don't always pay attention to the cap locks since its on my left side,and after typing,I am not going to re-type it all again,,lol and as far as bad grammar its just my fingers most of the time hitting the wrong keys, I have a degree,lol I don't think it was people thinking it had anything to do with my typing because i posted it in another thread after I copied it,and over 300 other members have voted for him that day without one single bad word..I think it was sheep following sheep...and not reading the post,it was not for me at all..Anyway thank you,as other members pointed out people will give to someone crying over their car burning down because they parked on the grass without a second thought. thank you..
Old 10-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #28
gen=5

Quote:
Haha assumed not asshmed.
Why are you so fast to jump on someone just because they miss spelled a word,grow up,if it was not for people like him you would be living in a cave some where scared to death until he came to drag your butt home,get a freaking life...
Quote:
I have served the last 17 years on active duty and did three combat tours. My grip wasnt with the service member but with the way it was presented. I have seen a lot of BS emails over the years since the wars started and asshmed this was another one. I voted...he just needs a better pitch man who doesnt yell in text with all caps.
Man I totally understand,what military life is all about serving myself and doing 2 tours.I know that that guy doesn't bother you as its just childishness. just as it doesn't bother me,until its done to another brother in arms.Yes its scams that make it hard to get help after being injured,or funding for projects.The only thing i think I could of done different and your right is the caps.If others had done as I did first before re-posting for him was P.M him to double check his story,although I may have more time than others to do things like that
thank you for your service..