Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #379
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
so the RX isulator is better? o.O
RX was on a stock motor...so the gains will appear higher initially. once you start throwing other mods in, the gains aren't seen the same.

example:
Insulator 20HP
LT headers 30HP
CAI 15HP
Tune 13HP
----------------------
78HP (in reality this = 40-60HP(60 on the high side(accounting for dyno variables) and for the M6))

but we know this is not the case...this is what some refer to as "ricer math" . it's taken all of those mod's and then some to make 50-60HP. so for those of us who did the initial testing with MACE, we had all the major bolt ons and tune which gives the appearance of the gains for MACE not being "AS GOOD", but we saw excellent gains in addition to the mods we already have.

this isn't a biased statement, its just the way the numbers add up. im sure RX will see similar results once testing has been done on platforms with similar mods as MACE.

before you know it, we're going to have a "which insulator is better" thread...

good luck, hope this helps
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #380
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I would not discount the Mace in any way....the product is top notch either way IMHO. Either product is going to be WELL worth the $$. No fights as we respect what Mace is doing. Good group for sure.

Most know I give credit where credit is due (and let people know when it is not) and even though this is one area we are competing, it is a great product.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #381
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I would not discount the Mace in any way....the product is top notch either way IMHO. Either product is going to be WELL worth the $$. No fights as we respect what Mace is doing. Good group for sure.

Most know I give credit where credit is due (and let people know when it is not) and even though this is one area we are competing, it is a great product.
Good Words from a good man. I think either isolator will be a fantastic mod. Great bang for the buck (hp per dollar)
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #382
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Mach, tracy, hapisok, kmp, you guys rock! I believe both of the vendors here are a very good asset to this v6 community, actually giving us the underdogs a chance to even out the playing field. thank you guys for keeping the peace within this community!
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #383
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
this is why i took a 6 vs an 8 lol that and the fact that i really didnt feel like paying 400 something a month
Agarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #384
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
we can make this a v6 vs a v8 thread all day and we can go to war LOL, but lets not make it a vendor vs a vendor thread especially when both of these two vendors are all we really got that actually support the LLT movement and new product development. Its not only uncalled for, but would be a very stupid thing to do on our part.

Like I said plenty of time before and I will say it again...I don't really see the WOW factor on these LS engines. its old news to me, your old pushrod technology that my grand pop, my uncle, and my sister probably had. don't get me wrong, the technology work and pit put tons of power, but sometime its not all about who has the biggest hp. my direct injected 3.6L vvt engine give me the reason to want to learn more and more about this SIDI technology, I don't think I could say the same for the LS.

I'll take a power train that can fly pass most of these cars out here and at the same time look cool and don't have to keep spending my time at the pump.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #385
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Very well put bmorecam!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #386
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
RX was on a stock motor...so the gains will appear higher initially. once you start throwing other mods in, the gains aren't seen the same.

example:
Insulator 20HP
LT headers 30HP
CAI 15HP
Tune 13HP
----------------------
78HP (in reality this = 40-60HP(60 on the high side(accounting for dyno variables) and for the M6))

but we know this is not the case...this is what some refer to as "ricer math" . it's taken all of those mod's and then some to make 50-60HP. so for those of us who did the initial testing with MACE, we had all the major bolt ons and tune which gives the appearance of the gains for MACE not being "AS GOOD", but we saw excellent gains in addition to the mods we already have.

this isn't a biased statement, its just the way the numbers add up. im sure RX will see similar results once testing has been done on platforms with similar mods as MACE.

before you know it, we're going to have a "which insulator is better" thread...

good luck, hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Good Words from a good man. I think either isolator will be a fantastic mod. Great bang for the buck (hp per dollar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Mach, tracy, hapisok, kmp, you guys rock! I believe both of the vendors here are a very good asset to this v6 community, actually giving us the underdogs a chance to even out the playing field. thank you guys for keeping the peace within this community!

..I love the fact that these 2 competing vendors can operate in the same area and have so much respect for each other. This is a win win for all involved, especially us V6 owners.

Thank - you to all those working, manufacturing and testing products for us owners.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #387
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Like I said plenty of time before and I will say it again...I don't really see the WOW factor on these LS engines. its old news to me, your old pushrod technology that my grand pop, my uncle, and my sister probably had. don't get me wrong, the technology work and pit put tons of power, but sometime its not all about who has the biggest hp. my direct injected 3.6L vvt engine give me the reason to want to learn more and more about this SIDI technology, I don't think I could say the same for the LS.

I'll take a power train that can fly pass most of these cars out here and at the same time look cool and don't have to keep spending my time at the pump.
I agree. After some modding we are getting close to 100hp/liter. That says alot about this motor.

The V8's only getting 65hp/liter. Really inefficient. For the V8 to run the same efficiency it would have to make 620hp and we all know it doesn't.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #388
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
The V8's only getting 65hp/liter. Really inefficient. For the V8 to run the same efficiency it would have to make 620hp and we all know it doesn't.
Yea but the new GT500 will match it apparently LMFAO!!!

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #389
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Yea but the new GT500 will match it apparently LMFAO!!!
Yeah with a supercharger. We are doing this NA.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #390
Blade

Quote:
Yeah with a supercharger. We are doing this NA.
Camaros FTW!

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #391
Blade

Anyone know the paypal address I can send money to these guys? Looks like the only time Steve is able to check my PMs is when it's 3AM EST because of the time difference LOL.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #392
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Anyone know the paypal address I can send money to these guys? Looks like the only time Steve is able to check my PMs is when it's 3AM EST because of the time difference LOL.
Try this....

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...oducts/MI621_1