Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
am i still in warranty?

my car currently has around 22,500 miles. I went to start up and it was slowly turning over like the battery was dieing. went about 17 miles and heard this sound almost like a belt slipped or something.. i think i smelled somthing burning but that was only for a second. I lost all power and the car shut off and i guided it to the side of the road. had to have it towed to a shop.

not sure whats wrong with it... thinking it might be the timing chain or god forbid a blown motor. any ideas whats wrong and if warranty would still apply

also side note im most likly gonna trade my car in so i have a brand new never installed ipf supercharger kit in the boxes that i will prob need to get rid of
Old 11-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
just got off a chat with service rep. i have powertrain still.. she said the dealer would determine if its covered.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
5 year power train warranty is still in effect but that does not mean your problems is covered.

I suggest you study the document I listed in one of my posts to know exactly what is covered. I spoke to 3 dealers that would not tell me what was covered until I finally found a 4th that was excellent.

BTW the PT warranty also covers towing and a rental car. For towing to be covered, you have to call GM directly to arrange the tow yourself.

Fix your garage pics so we can see them
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Hopefully the dealership doesn't ask you about the mods you had done.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Yea, they won't cover it with those mods
Old 12-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #6
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Maybe you just need a battery. Hopefully the burning smell was something else other than your car.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Got to thinking, I had the same thing happen on a car many years ago when a Solenoid shorted out and blew a fuse, the fuse also powered the fuel pump. I smelled the solenoid frying just before the car shut off. You may want to check your fuses.
Do you have a aftermarken Amp? Could have shorted out and blown a main fuse link, check for melted wires also.