Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Thanks for finding this.
anytime.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #58
D-Unit

Drives: Camaro SS, Acura RSX
After reading this ! I think the SS will in fact be the top model!!!!!

I dont care if the SS is the top model or not I am getting the the SS Brand loyalty !
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Totally ass backwards approach GM!
Is it? Or does the LSA fulfill it's purpose of bing the fully-forged LS9s 'cheap' baby brother?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #60
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Dude, Throttle back a bit.

The LSA only makes 9 pounds of boost. and the compression ratio is in the 9 : 1 range. Perfect for making good boost. you won't need to be concerned about forged internals until you are nearing the 20 pounds of boost range. With another 7 pounds of boost, a tune, cat back, headers, etc. I don't think you will have any problems.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #61
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Dude, Throttle back a bit.

The LSA only makes 9 pounds of boost. and the compression ratio is in the 9 : 1 range. Perfect for making good boost. you won't need to be concerned about forged internals until you are nearing the 20 pounds of boost range. With another 7 pounds of boost, a tune, cat back, headers, etc. I don't think you will have any problems.
+1 as usual.

I'm sure they'll be just short, in terms of strength, of the forged pieces in the LS9. Besides, that engine is for a supercar that is expected to run on the Autoban, or what have you, at WOT all the time. I'd rather save some $$$, leave the titanium rods, valves, and forged pistons to the 'Vette and keep the boost somewhat conservative and just obtain a spot-on tune. I mean comeon, if this engine comes out close to what the CTS-V has been certified at, a good tune, exhaust, pulley, and CAI will push power past 600 easy. Who in H3LL can make efficient use of 600 horsepower on the street? I'll admit: I'd like to try

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #62
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
+1 as usual.

I'm sure they'll be just short, in terms of strength, of the forged pieces in the LS9. Besides, that engine is for a supercar that is expected to run on the Autoban, or what have you, at WOT all the time. I'd rather save some $$$, leave the titanium rods, valves, and forged pistons to the 'Vette and keep the boost somewhat conservative and just obtain a spot-on tune. I mean comeon, if this engine comes out close to what the CTS-V has been certified at, a good tune, exhaust, pulley, and CAI will push power past 600 easy. Who in H3LL can make efficient use of 600 horsepower on the street? I'll admit: I'd like to try
I will do everything I can to get every one of them on the pavement.....
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #63
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I will do everything I can to get every one of them on the pavement.....
LOL. +1 brother! Hopefully, this car will just scare the crap out of me so bad I'll just leave the traction control on always.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #64
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Or whatever version of the LS9, LSA, LS8 the 5th Gen Camaro will get???

And What are your plans. Leave it stock, bump it up, What's the hp numbers you ultimately want out of the beast?

Spill it!!

Why, yes, I am holding out. Looking to get about 550-600rwhp while retaining daily driver manners. Auto, drag racing, 10`s..nuff said...
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #65
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Or whatever version of the LS9, LSA, LS8 the 5th Gen Camaro will get???

And What are your plans. Leave it stock, bump it up, What's the hp numbers you ultimately want out of the beast?

Spill it!!

I said it in an earlier thread. I won't be getting many interior or exterior options. But I will have all the suspension and power upgrades I can afford. I'll probably order mine a year or so after they hit the streets.

Once I get it I am shooting for 600 rwhp by the time I'm done. Hopefully the bottom end will hold that much without putting LS9 internals into it.
I have to agree with ya,
I'm also waiting for a year or so to get the feel and real scoop on the car itself as I have a '97 Z-28 and really, really want the new SC version with the LS3 or whatever they decide to put in it.
I would shoot for about 600-650RWHP to be safe and will depend on the aftermarket for the SC on the car, maybe a larger PSI pulley and definitely a catback (Magnaflow), CAI, thermostat and tune.
dvnt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #66
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Yeah,

All that poop talk about the Z28 being dead really got under my skin. I'm glad Scott squashed it. I really really want a blown car.... REEEEEAAAAALLLLLY Bad.

If I have to put an aftermarket blower I will. But, I'd much prefer one from the factory.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #67
fullthrottle
I WANNA GO FAST

Drives: I have 4 vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm hopeful for an LSA. In that senario, I'm a little worried about the cast pistons, but I'm sure GM will make sure they'll suffice.

I'd like to stick with easy bolt-on power and stay within my crappy State's smog laws, which suck something aweful. That means a pulley, CAI, catback, and tune. I'd like to get around 550 RWHP and I think that shouldn't be too hard with this hardware and still be reliable. I think, I too, will go light on the options that don't give me performance. I'd really only like privacy glass, leather interior, a manual tranny, the shortest gears, biggest rubber, maybe a sunroof, and good climate control (dual zone if possible.) I might see about any GM ground effects or something, but I don't think this car really needs much in the appearance department.

I'll take mine in the darkest blue or black with black or dark gray interior. Before the end of 2011 is my timeframe

just to ease your mind about GM and thier cast pistons in boosted cars. us there have been several ECOTEC LSJ guys who have taken thier stock engines (internals a forged steel crank forged I beam rods similar to the old GM pink rod and cast hypereutetic pistons made by MAHLE) to over 400 WHP

2005 FORD EXPLORER

2008 YAMAHA R6

2008 CHEVY COLORADO. (THE WIFE'S)

SOON TO COME A BIG NASTY CAMARO.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #68
Captainbob

Drives: 69 Z28, 71 vette,01 ZO6,GT500
You must be joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
On one hand I would want a true monster of a Camaro, on the other hand I think supercharger on a V8 is sorta cheating...it all depends on what's avaiable when I can afford to buy the Camaro and what I think sounds the nicest.
Alot of us folks are pretty disappointed that a S/C SS has not been announced.. I've been waiting for too long only to find out the new SS may not even be able to compete with the big dogs.. What a let down.
Hoping GM will do the right thing. Super charge the new SS.. So it will compete with the big dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnevMoEut_E vs. ZO6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l25Q5AHc4 10.97 run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML-dKHCcLg dyno vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtQEdfN-CA hole shot
Captainbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #69
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
Alot of us folks are pretty disappointed that a S/C SS has not been announced.. I've been waiting for too long only to find out the new SS may not even be able to compete with the big dogs.. What a let down.
what a great negative first post. and there was no talk the SS would be the top model and what company releases all, specifically limited run cars, at once?

but besides the negative post welcome to the site.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #70
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
What big dogs are you speaking of? It's meant to compete with the Challenger, 350Z, mustang and hyundai genesis.

Welcome Mrs. Negative Nancy.