Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #12111
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post

My passenger side cat is shot-- trying to decide if I should take it in for warranty work (if they'll ever honor it, considering my headers & axleback MRT) or just throw straight pipes on there and scrap the cats all together. It's driving me frickin crazy... I can hear the honeycomb pieces rattling around in there at idle. More reason to crank up the music. I just need to find time to do something about it.
I didn't think you had cats after the headers were installed. The OBX headers don't come with cats.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #12112
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Yuck. Hopefully you get a little extra $$ incentive for heading up. Though I guess it isn't terribly far from you.

My passenger side cat is shot-- trying to decide if I should take it in for warranty work (if they'll ever honor it, considering my headers & axleback MRT) or just throw straight pipes on there and scrap the cats all together. It's driving me frickin crazy... I can hear the honeycomb pieces rattling around in there at idle. More reason to crank up the music. I just need to find time to do something about it.
those aren't cats, they're resonators...just take them off & pull out the metal? or replace them with a pipe?

I'm in Buffalo again...yuck...Tues Wed & maybe Thurs, but then I'll be done here for sure
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #12113
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Nope, must have missed it?
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #12114
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yuck. Hopefully you get a little extra $$ incentive for heading up. Though I guess it isn't terribly far from you.

Sorry I missed out on Lofinos last week, LIB. I have a friend from the UK coming on Thursday to stay with me for a short time, and I wanted to get some yardwork and whatnot done. I've been so busy this month!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
those aren't cats, they're resonators...just take them off & pull out the metal? or replace them with a pipe?

I'm in Buffalo again...yuck...Tues Wed & maybe Thurs, but then I'll be done here for sure
If you need help let me know. If your up for the 2 day drive out to where I live that is. I could probably talk Chubs into helping also.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #12115
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
Nope, must have missed it?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268300

Check it out here. Make sure you read the last posts
Old 08-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #12116
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
damn, not finding many cruise ins here in Buffalo on a Thursday night...got out early & cleaned the car up...since I have nothing else to do, was hoping to find one...there is one, but it's like 45 minutes away...ugh
What are you whining about? lol, all of us cincy folk drive 45-60 minutes for the lofino show. Some almost 2 hours!

I was going to tell you I believe theres a good one in Rochester each week. NY is much bigger for the older cars than Ohio is, and I don't mean muscle cars, but a lot of the hot rods, and 20s-60s cars.
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 08-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #12117
JakeSpeed21

Drives: 2012 45th SS/RS
Columbus, Ohio
JakeSpeed21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #12118
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Welcome, Columbus, O, to our little corner of the forums!

Weather's looking good for tonight, guys. I might make it out to Lofino's - depends on how the day goes packing up "The Kid" for his trip to Hocking College tomorrow. At least it's a beautiful drive for most of the trip there!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #12119
mxracer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Waynesfield Ohio

Heading to a show in Vandalia by the airport tomorrow.

mxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #12120
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Welcome to all the new guys.

Here is a link you might be interested if you want get your car on a road course. Make sure you read the last few posts to find links to other track events as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268300
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #12121
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Heading up to lofino's tonight. Trying to get the Camaro started, but likely driving a really exciting stock avalanche....
Old 08-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #12122
gahammerle

Anyone heading to the TA Nationals this weekend? I might be going Sunday afternoon.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #12123
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Anyone heading to the TA Nationals this weekend? I might be going Sunday afternoon.
I'm going to the TA Nationals Saturday around noon. Then in the evening, there is a good size car show in Eaton.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #12124
gahammerle

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I'm going to the TA Nationals Saturday around noon. Then in the evening, there is a good size car show in Eaton.
I would prefer to go tomorrow, but I'll be watching volleyball all day starting bright and early at 8am.

Find me on Facebook:

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?