Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
VMS Powerflash cable: anyone have one go bad?

I've done several tune updates with the Vector Motorsports Powerflash cable and software without issues. This last time, however, it seems like something's wrong with the cable. I had everything connected properly, but the Scanner software kept saying "No cable found" and I also noticed that when I plug in the USB side to the laptop, the USB device icon at the bottom of the screen will just flash and quickly disappear, as opposed to staying on like it should when something's connected. I checked my USB drives with a different device (flash drive) and they're working properly. I also was able to test the USB part of the Powerflash cable and it works properly too, but don't have a way to test the other end of the cable or the middle serial-USB interface. I talked to Steve at VMS about it, but he insists it's not uncommon for the software to occasionally not see the cable connected, but this is consistently happening now, so I don't think that's normal.

Has anyone else with this product had this problem? When you plug it into the laptop, does the USB device icon at the bottom of your desktop screen stay on while it's connected? Also, if there's anyone in SE Florida that has one, besides me, can I take my laptop to you to see if yours acts the same way (I won't mess with your car's tune, of course; I think each one's VIN-specific anyway [?])? Thanks for any input.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
bad55nomad

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS A6 Inferno Orange
Mine does that every once in a while . Try unplugging and plugging back into the OBD port before you connect to the ECM .
bad55nomad is offline   Reply With Quote