Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
DRIVERS ED...FOR THE TRACK THAT IS

I have zero track experience, but it has always been a dream of mine, and now I have the ZL1 to make the dream come true! I'm thinking of going to Arizona this spring and taking a track course/class. They have anything from a four hour half day lesson up to two days of classes. Obviously I'll start with the very beginners class, and I'm not trying to be a pro driver, this is just for fun. I want to see what the ZL1 and I can do against the stop watch. Not interested in quarter mile/straight ahead drag racing, I'm looking for the g's in every turn. The only one I want to compete against is myself. I want to be able to handle as much of the ZL1's capabilities as possible.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349882386.101838.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  88.6 KB

BONDURANT School of High Performance Driving. I'm sure there are lots of really good schools out there, but what really drew me in to this one is that they use only two vehicles. You can drive either the Grand Sport Vett or the SS Camaro. Maybe a Camaro5 members package deal can be put together, getting us a better price package deal and the fun with our brotherhood members.

I've gotten lots of great advice and compliments from fellow members, this would be a great place to put a face to those names. We would all have a great time and some exciting stories with our pictures to post for those unable to attend. Now's a good time to start planning a few vacation days oh say March or April 2013!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Jeff65SS

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
I am definitely interested in this as well if a package deal can be put together. Count me in.
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I'm sure Bondurant would be ideal, but you could also sign up for an HPDE1 event with NASA AZ (nasaaz.com). The have classroom sessions and instructors ride with you for at least the first day. SCCA also has similar programs. I went through HPDE1 with NASA twice because I was learning some much from the instructor.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
This is something I sure would like to do too...package deal FTW..
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I see you are in Mass. You could also check out www.scda1.com and go to one of the area tracks and do something similar to described above. Beginners are required to have instructors ride along. These are great learning events but nothing beats a course like Spring Mountain (I never did Boundarant but I assume similar). Another option is Monticello Motorsports. They are aligned with Spring Mountain and they are in NY. These are closer for us.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
There really are a lot of High Performance Driving Schools around, but we really love Bondurant. Not only do they offer both Corvette and Camaro student cars, but their lead karting instructor Andy Lee has graduated from their kart program to a full time spot in their SCCA World Challenge GTS Camaro. The Bondurant team is running a full complement of our Camaro suspension components, and Andy drove the car to a spectacular 2nd place overall in their first season last year.

Perhaps even more impressive is that one of Americas greatest sports car drivers, Johnny O'Connell is now one of their VP of operations. From top to bottom the Bondurant school has been a world class operation for years, and if you can make it out to Phoenix it's an experience absolutely worth the price of admission!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
i can teach you racing from a to z.. racing line and other things.. been racing gokart, formula bmw, touring car for 12years.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Depending on the date you go, I would try to go.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
From top to bottom the Bondurant school has been a world class operation for years, and if you can make it out to Phoenix it's an experience absolutely worth the price of admission!
+1 Worth every penny.
Quote:
Depending on the date you go, I would try to go.
+1
Based at PHX Sky Harbor when flying. Though currently medically grounded would love the excuse to head back out there see some friends and have some fun. Know the area fairly well. If anyone decides to head out shoot a PM may be interested in joining.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Get more info as far as pricing and dates. I would like to check this out!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Bondurant would be a great experience to have. Especially like the idea of getting track time and instruction with Camaros..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Google Watkins Glenn they have schools and clubs that offer classes as well.