Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
mc4679

Drives: camaro
Would like some input between 2LT and 1SS

Ok I have been searching and collecting information on this board. Now it’s coming down to some opinions. I have yet to order a new camaro just because I am waiting to test drive the 2LT and 1SS to feel the performance difference. I have no clue when any dealers in Central NJ will be getting demo camaros (Thought May 6th was the date) I figured I'd ask some of you on here that have either the 2Lt or 1ss and give the pro's and or con's.

Money does play a factor in buying the camaro. The most I want to spend is $35-36 range. Would love to maybe even keep it a little lower. The only reason why I am thinking of buying the 2LT is because it is loaded model. I can then add the accessories such as automatic trans, ground effects, 21inch rims. Granted the 2Lt has 304 hp. Which seems like more then enough since this will be my daily car to drive. I do only live about 10 mins from work though so est highway mileage really isn’t that big of deal to me.

Now if I decide to get the 1ss. I can only get the automatic trans, and maybe either the ground effects, or the 21 inch rims. Wont be both that’s for sure. Oh and plus the upgraded sound system. This will be my first new car ever. (I just turned 30). So I guess my question is do I want an absolutely loaded 2Lt or a 1SS with barely any accessories. I will have to test drive both before I make the purchase and only then will I be able to make my choice. But until that’s possible just wanted to get some input from both sides.

Also I have not seen any pictures of people buying the camaro with the 21inch rims. I would love to see actual camaro buyers purchasing this option that have pictures. The Chevy site builder does no justice for these rims.
mc4679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
If cost wasn't a concern, would've gotten a V8..mabey in a few years. We'll see if 304 is enough..for now.

But the V6 vs V8 look appears way different IMO(not only the front facia)..what's up with that?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
mc4679

Yea i noticed the big difference in the front as well compared to the two models. I like the 1ss better.

Yea i really have to see the difference in the pefermance beteween the two. Plus how they sound. I really would like to have a loaded 2LT, but i know the 1ss will hold its value better even though the car wont have any acessories. Such a hard choice!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4679 View Post
Ok I have been searching and collecting information on this board. Now it’s coming down to some opinions. I have yet to order a new camaro just because I am waiting to test drive the 2LT and 1SS to feel the performance difference. I have no clue when any dealers in Central NJ will be getting demo camaros (Thought May 6th was the date) I figured I'd ask some of you on here that have either the 2Lt or 1ss and give the pro's and or con's.

Money does play a factor in buying the camaro. The most I want to spend is $35-36 range. Would love to maybe even keep it a little lower. The only reason why I am thinking of buying the 2LT is because it is loaded model. I can then add the accessories such as automatic trans, ground effects, 21inch rims. Granted the 2Lt has 304 hp. Which seems like more then enough since this will be my daily car to drive. I do only live about 10 mins from work though so est highway mileage really isn’t that big of deal to me.

Now if I decide to get the 1ss. I can only get the automatic trans, and maybe either the ground effects, or the 21 inch rims. Wont be both that’s for sure. Oh and plus the upgraded sound system. This will be my first new car ever. (I just turned 30). So I guess my question is do I want an absolutely loaded 2Lt or a 1SS with barely any accessories. I will have to test drive both before I make the purchase and only then will I be able to make my choice. But until that’s possible just wanted to get some input from both sides.

Also I have not seen any pictures of people buying the camaro with the 21inch rims. I would love to see actual camaro buyers purchasing this option that have pictures. The Chevy site builder does no justice for these rims.
You should be able to get a 2SS for around 36k, best of both worlds! You may have to shop around for a dealer that will sell at MSRP (make sure you get it IN WRITING so if they try to go back on their word you'll have them by the balls). Or get the 2LT and save 6k, then you can buy mods for it later and beef it up a bit
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
M3

Drives: 2002 BMW M3 Cabriolet
Why 21" Wheels? That's a high priced option. Use that $$$ for your options. The Base 2SS has 20's, and all the performance goodies. I priced one with the RS Package, at @ 35K. With a 6 Speed Manual, of course.

LJB
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
mc4679

Im not sold on the 21 inch rims as i would like to see them in person and how they look on the car. I would probably def get them if i got the 2lt one though. But if there really not that nice then that pretty much jumps me into the 1ss. But i guess i just have to wait and see what they look like whenever my dealer get a demo model in.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
I dealt with the same agony for about 4 mths.I finally decided to order 1ss over the 2lt in feb.I definitely didnt need the v8 but for 1900 difference it made sense.The ss will hold their value better.you always lose value on your accessories.you can spend $6000 in accessories(wether ordered with the car or after it dosen't matter) and a yr later they will be worth about $1000.If lifes path changes and you want to change cars it will be easier and cheaper to trade 1ss for 2lt than 2lt for ss.I hope this helps.
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Screw the $4k rims!! That is not a smart option to have. After you pay form them they will actually cost around $5k with the interest. Screw that crap. Use the extra money on REAL options.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
I would get the 1SS and pass on the ground effect package. Those can be put on anytime.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
nimnels

Drives: On the lot
does the 2lt come with ambient lighting
nimnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
RandomHB

Drives: 2013 Black & Grey 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimnels View Post
does the 2lt come with ambient lighting
Yup!
RandomHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
I was really torn on this one too. The 2LT or the 1SS. But in the end I went with the 2SS. I'm fortunate enough to be able to get the 2SS but if money is an issue go with the 2LT. You need to factor in taxes, tags, insurance... so that 35K ends up being 38K. Also, if you are in the city and your daily driver is for city driving you are going to hate the V-8. Also, I sat in both the cloth and the leather seats last night at an unveiling. I know I'll get flamed for this so here goes...the cloth seats suck compared to the leather. There is no comparison. The cloth seats just don't do it for me. Go with the 2LT until you can get the 2SS.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
mc4679

I am expecting the taxes and insurances at extra cost. I can still swing a car payment of no more then 450 a month. Dont get me wrong lower the better for extra play money. But i cant swing the 2ss. I have to have automatic. I hate stick. So theres an extra grand right there. I really like the ground effects, but even im floored on how much they are. I was going to buy the honda accord a couple of months ago and the final price came to like 34 grand. That was with pretty much everything in it. Then i thought id rather pay that price on a car i really want. So i have been waiting. Cause for me i really will have to test drive both models just to feel the difference. I have been leaning towards the V8 just because the value will hold better.

No i dont live in the city. So the V8 will never really effect me with the gas. Probably wont go home for lunch everyday but i can manage not doing that.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
1SS, don't wast your money on those ugly 21" rims. If you still not convinced look and see how much 21 inch tires are. They are very expensive 500 dollars and up.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote