Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #71
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
It was a 3.8 un-Optioned model, @ $25K. Good bargain, I'd say better than the Camaro V6 all in all. The only thing that would sway me into a Camaro 6'er over it would be the "cool-factor" and exterior styling in a sense (more dramatic, which can be either a good or bad thing again, depending on my mood). In a year or two it will be interesting to see which cars design approach has allowed it to remain attractive to look at in a timeless sense.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #72
Super Sport

Drives: Mazda 3 GS 2008.5
Sorry but, the Genesis Coupe does turn some heads. My neighbor owns one (well, he owns the entire dealership) and I have taken it to school a couple of times. People stop you in traffic and ask you what kind of car that is, and you get to see their jaws drop when you tell them it's a Hyundai.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #73
GTengineer

Drives: 2004 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
Sorry but, the Genesis Coupe does turn some heads. My neighbor owns one (well, he owns the entire dealership) and I have taken it to school a couple of times. People stop you in traffic and ask you what kind of car that is, and you get to see their jaws drop when you tell them it's a Hyundai.
I saw one on the highway a few weeks ago ... it barely grabbed my attention. At first I didn't even realize it was a new car until I noticed it said Genesis. I am sure the import crowd will eat it up though.

Last edited by GTengineer; 05-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.
GTengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #74
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
I've yet to see one in MA yet, I've been hoping to see either a Gen. Coupe or Camaro but haven't seen either. I used to own a decently modded '05 Tiburon and know the quality of Hyundai is solid but that engine was anemic, so I'm happy to see them with a great new RWD platform to work with. If it was between the V6 versions only, I'd probably go with the Gen. Coupe only because I'd get tired of people asking me whether or not the Camaro is the V8, but as for exterior styling, I actually like the Camaro much better although both are sharp cars.
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #75
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
It could have easily been a 3.8, they actually start at 25k.
No, they don't. The 3.8 track starts at 31,250.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #76
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The car that he saw was the $25K 3.8 BASE model, not the Track.

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.

These are the only options available:

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50

So even the base 3.8 BASE is very well equipped.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #77
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50

So the camaro is a better buy. Good to know.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #78
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50

The entire thread is about the 3.8 track, not the 3.8 base, so why do you keep trying to confuse the issue by stating the price of a car that is not even involved in the comparison? You were wrong when you started all this and you are still wrong now.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #79
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
These people are not talking about a Track model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A
The V6 Camaro I looked at was like $28K, and the Genesis was $25K, the 'Maro was extremely base and left me kind of cold, the Genesis seemed more confidence inspiring to look at and sit in. With those prices I'd have to say the Genesis has the edge IMO. Now give me about 6 months and I'll tell you if I still hold that opinion.
Quote:
At the 25k price point, you were probably looking at the 2.0T version instead of the 3.8 Track. The 3.8 Track goes for about $31k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It was a 3.8 un-Optioned model, @ $25K. Good bargain, I'd say better than the Camaro V6 all in all. The only thing that would sway me into a Camaro 6'er over it would be the "cool-factor" and exterior styling in a sense (more dramatic, which can be either a good or bad thing again, depending on my mood). In a year or two it will be interesting to see which cars design approach has allowed it to remain attractive to look at in a timeless sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
It could have easily been a 3.8, they actually start at 25k.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50

Quote:
The entire thread is about the 3.8 track, not the 3.8 base, so why do you keep trying to confuse the issue by stating the price of a car that is not even involved in the comparison? You were wrong when you started all this and you are still wrong now.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #80
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
I thought it was interesting how alot of the negatives for the hyundai were solved by the writer saying "but in the future they will". Very biased article, just like most media outlets crapping on American cars.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #81
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I can honestly say not one person will even glance your way driving the genesis. I took one for a long test drive it was like i was invisible. Pethetic really for a new car. Guys who drive there camaro cant get one block without being glared at.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #82
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
camaro is the better buy here
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #83
blinkme323

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
I can honestly say not one person will even glance your way driving the genesis. I took one for a long test drive it was like i was invisible. Pethetic really for a new car. Guys who drive there camaro cant get one block without being glared at.
That's just a ridiculous statement, the car gets more looks than any new car out there other than the Camaro. Not pAthetic by any means.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #84
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
eh, i've seen a few around town they just look like a new tiburon
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote