Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
When a body shop/ repair shop won't own up to mistakes...

I took my car to a body shop that was recommended to get my doors repainted. They did a good job painting the doors and fixing the problems the previous owner had with getting out at a gas station and hitting the doors against the yellow protection markers. It took an extra day because they scratched it while cleaning it up but I'm not upset with that.
What upset me was that they screwed up the trunk release and lost the little hat that made the mechanism work. Chipped my bezel, and implied that it may not have worked before I brought it in. Is it really that much to ask to get my car back the way I brought it in AND repaired?
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
You would think it wouldn't be too much to ask, but I had a little nose work done and after three trips back to the shop they still missed something.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Hetfield03

Then they told me to have a nice day...
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
Then they told me to have a nice day...

That sucks ! Sorry you have to go through that man. GL !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
You cannot pay anyone to care. They do or they don't. That place does not care.

Long story short: my classic car. Repainted. They tell me it's ready, but "the car makes that sound".

"What sound"
"that grinding sound when you start it"
"My car doesn't make grinding sounds. I'll be there in 20 minutes"

The starter motor was dented on the bottom, fresh scrape marks, and cracked at the housing. There must have been something under the car while it was on a lift, and they lowered it onto the thing. Don't ask me why it was on their lift, but they either rammed something up into the starter or lowered the car onto something.

They told me it did that when it came in. I had an argument with them, paid and left. Then one of the hood scoop inserts came loose and flipped up while I was driving home, and I went back. I almost had a fistfight with the guy when he told me he had screwed the scoops back in himself. I was a touch upset. Lying SOB, neither had a single screw in it. But I sure got a screwing.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Man, this makes my blood boil... I HAAATE taking my car or truck anywhere to have work done on it unless I have no other option. Last bad experience I had was my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab 4x4 with 6" skyjacker lift and 315s on it... paid a reputable indie shop to replace the track bar and upper and lower balljoints and paid for a 4wheel alignment, (neither of which I have the equipment to do myself), and left explicit instructions to be sure to provide before and after readouts for the computer alignment. I walked around the truck with the shop-owner and marked down the three existing minor places w/body damage. I left, confident that everything was going to be okie-dokie.
When I picked the truck up, I asked for the printouts, and the owner/technician said "sorry, the printer was broken so youll just have to trust me" on the alignment. I was POd, but paid him and they then brought my truck out front, where I walked around it. I then find a brand new half-dollar size bare-metal dent on the drivers front fender, right in the center of the wheel arch, where the tech had missed the upper balljoint while hammering it loose, and hit the fender. I brought the owner out and he said (and I quote), "oh that must be a rock ding where I drove it after the alignment"... I pointed out that the recorded mileage in was exactly the same as the mileage in it now, so WTH? He said I was being too picky for him, and he couldnt do anything to make me happy, so I left and got home and took a closer look at his "professional work". Long story short, after finding the red paint burned off my brand new Skyjacker lift springs and control arms (the a-clowns used a torch to try to loosen the balljoints while beating on them with a sledgehammer), and not one but TWO crossthreaded lugnuts on the drivers wheel, I ended up taking it to a better shop, and found out he didnt even replace the balljoints, or align it. He wouldnt refund my money, so I reported him to the BBB. Grrrrrrrrrr.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #7
Hetfield03

Did he respond to the BBB complaint? You two make my story seem trivial lol. The good part about my story is I bought my car from the same dealer out of state as I bought my new one last time. I bought it sight unseen I bought it sight unseen, besides pictures on the internet, and had it delivered here. When I pointed out the door imperfections they fell all over themselves trying to get it fixed for me. Even got a body shop recommendation from a twice over Camaro owner. And they paid for the body work. They also ordered me a new trunk button. So I guess it just goes to show you that you can get a recommendation and still have something go wrong.