Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
zL1 fitment wheels CHEAP!!

Ok First post here... long time search user! I just bought my new 2013 zl1 and was looking for a set of cheap wheels to run at mid ohio raceway. And boy have i found them!!! I thought every one should know that tirerack is closing out some rims that fit our cars. link http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

I got mine in and they look good. came wither lugs and everything needed. Just thought this was a awsome find. I dont know if they will fit the ss but they look nice on the zl1
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Nice find!
Now if I could only be so lucky to find that in a 17" or 18"
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Will these fit a SS...the offset has me worried...28mm.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
jdenotter

Well they are out of stock. Tried to checkout and it says no longer available... bummer

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Ok First post here... long time search user! I just bought my new 2013 zl1 and was looking for a set of cheap wheels to run at mid ohio raceway. And boy have i found them!!! I thought every one should know that tirerack is closing out some rims that fit our cars. link http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

I got mine in and they look good. came wither lugs and everything needed. Just thought this was a awsome find. I dont know if they will fit the ss but they look nice on the zl1
the Z uses 40mm off set. They are 28 mm off set. You see them all the time around but most do not have some thing right. What we need is 18 or 17 for drag rad.

They are in stock
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
tomster
RedLine

I am not a wheel expert but the ZL1 runs a wheel with a slightly Wider stance than the ss. But seeing how they run ZL1 wheels on the LE1 i dont see why theese wont work on a ss. they are going stick out wider... I know they are not listed as a fitment for the SS because of this
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
jdenotter

Well they are out of stock now. It wont let you check out. Oh well and Im not to comfortable with a 28mm offset. I believe 35mm is what is needed for the SS.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post

Why would you want a wheel that makes the ZL1 track width different and tire size also different than what it was designed with? I can understand for drag racing. But why cheep wheels for a road course? Do wheels get messed up?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Well they are out of stock now. It wont let you check out. Oh well and Im not to comfortable with a 28mm offset. I believe 35mm is what is needed for the SS.
Yes it was letting me check out. I did not put the CC info
Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
jdenotter

Odd it keeps telling me different. Even if it did it would not fit my SS correctly I dont think.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Odd it keeps telling me different. Even if it did it would not fit my SS correctly I dont think.

Yes, if road race, I would want stock config wheels.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
tomster
RedLine

(jdenotter) you have to look it up for a ZL1.
(skilane765) I believe stock front zl1 wheels have a 22mm offset and the rears are 40mm to acount for the 11 inch wheel at rear. And why i want a differnt wheel for the track is simple. I work for bridgestone and can get my hands on a much stickier tire than the goodyears on the car all in the same size so i can rotate them. Also i love my black wheels and brake dust is hard on wheels. I want to keep them looking good for as long as i can and want to keep the stock tires aslong as i can.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
Errnie-ZL1
2013 ZL1 blk on blk

Drives: Time to order mods well she sleeps!
There all gone I tried to order

www.cttoolandmachine.ca
Errnie-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errnie-ZL1 View Post
There all gone I tried to order
Thought so..thanks