Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I have a question about selling my Predator tuner.

I'm about to sell my Predator tuner simply because I don't need it anymore. I finally had my car dyno tuned so therefore I have no use for the Predator.

the unit currently has my stock tune on it. can I simply sell the tuner as is w/o doing anything to the unit itself or what? I'm kind of confused as to what will happen once someone does buy the unit from me. will they be able to load any tune on the unit and then load it on their ECM?

thanks for any advice.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I'm about to sell my Predator tuner simply because I don't need it anymore. I finally had my car dyno tuned so therefore I have no use for the Predator.

the unit currently has my stock tune on it. can I simply sell the tuner as is w/o doing anything to the unit itself or what? I'm kind of confused as to what will happen once someone does buy the unit from me. will they be able to load any tune on the unit and then load it on their ECM?

thanks for any advice.
Unfortuneately it is still locked to your car so you can't sell it like it is.

What should have happend, and I believe I told you this over the phone.

Drive to your local tuner, Return Vehicle to stock, Have custom tune done.

Tuner is ready for resale.

There is a remidy, Drive to your tuner, have him return your vehicle to Predator tune, then You with the Predator return it to stock then have him read your cars computer again then transfer all the changes from the previous custom tune file to your original back up and load it back to the car.

Now Tuner is ready for resale.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Drive to your local tuner, Return Vehicle to stock, Have custom tune done.
that's exactly what I did Ted. I guess I should have worded my original post clearer. the dyno tuner wanted the stock tune on my ECM before they started their magic. so I'm assuming that it's ready for resale.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
that's exactly what I did Ted. I guess I should have worded my original post clearer. the dyno tuner wanted the stock tune on my ECM before they started their magic. so I'm assuming that it's ready for resale.
Then it sure is buddy

Put it up for sale.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
power up your predator and check under options > show last tune written (or under options > troubleshooting > show last tune written)... what does it say? it should show "original backup" if you did the "restore original backup" process correctly...

if it says anything else besides "original backup", then the original backup was not restored to the car correctly and the predator is still locked to your car.
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote