Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #43
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
As my wife tells it, "He is on his sixth or seventh mid-life crisis"! I am 44, married for twenty-five years and I know "if Mama not happy, nobody is happy"!!!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #44
Apache1

Drives: Black 2ss m6
Yep Mid life crisis and loving it at 51. My 1st Camaro was a 77&1/2 rs lt1, my 2 best friends (brothers) 77 &1/2 z28 and 78 z28. We all grew up together and still hunt and fish together. We are going thru mid life crisis together. Friend has Viper truck and brother just got a ticked out harley and my 2ss was shiped on 7-20-09. You only live once. Not like bond you only live twice.
Apache1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #45
gen5-ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey, hey, wait a minute. I'm 67 and ordered my 2SS/RS/6M last Oct. and took delivery on May 22nd. Had a Corvette in the garage but needed room for my Camaro so gave the Vette to my daughter. No one has asked me if I'm going through my mid-life crisis, but, then again they probably realize I passed that years ago! Life is short so enjoy it at any age!
gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #46
romehood

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs (ordered)
""Life is short so enjoy it at any age!"" I think that sums it all up for me. 44 yrs old and and loving life.
romehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #47
BoomerandBoozer

Drives: G35, had '87 & '93 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5-ss View Post
Hey, hey, wait a minute. I'm 67 and ordered my 2SS/RS/6M last Oct. and took delivery on May 22nd. Had a Corvette in the garage but needed room for my Camaro so gave the Vette to my daughter. No one has asked me if I'm going through my mid-life crisis, but, then again they probably realize I passed that years ago! Life is short so enjoy it at any age!
Now I'm really mad at my dad, he wanted to give my his Rendezvous.....any chance your looking to adopt a son, I'm potty trained?
BoomerandBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #48
CamChick

Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
my response to the midlife crisis quip from a guy with 4 kids....does it look to you like I'm in crisis? It's called getting to 36 years old with no kids to pay for

Needless to say the dude is one of the first guys in the line-up for a ride in the Camaro when it finally arrives!
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #49
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob53 View Post
I agree with what everyone has said about why people have to have an opinion about how you spend your money. I am 56, and have heard that remark,mostly at work, like everyone else, more than once! I really don't care what they think, but feel obligated to remind them that, "Have I not been telling you since January of '06, that I am gonna get that car when they finally build it?" Are mid life crisis planned??? DUH! Then of course they back down and say, just kidding, don't get all excited. My first car, way back in 1971 was a '67 Camaro, I've owned a few of them as well as Firebirds, and we currently also have a Corvette. Nice looking performance cars never lose their appeal to those of us that appreciate them for what they are. I tell my adult kids, that back in the 60's and 70's, you could tell what kind of car was coming towards you from a block away. Today, they all look the same, boring, copies of blandness. Camaro people want their cars to have style and make a statement. If a mid life crisis means recognizing and appreciating style and performance, then yeah, count me in!
WHAT HE SAID!!!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #50
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
They are jealous... Who cares what they think... get that sweet ride and smoke the tires in front of them.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #51
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
50 here but I already did the mid life crisis when I hit 40 / got divorced bought a camaro bla bla bla.. So for me this purchase is because I love Camaro's and I want one..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #52
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
It's probably true (mid-life crisis) for me. Both my parents passed away last year. A new car is not going to give me peace but it is something that I could do (er, buy) with their money that would remind me of them. Timing is the key, though. I have two family members who are unemployed and I don't necessarily want to rub the money I have in their faces. Plus, I have a few debts that need to be paid off. I'm looking at May or June of next year. That would mark my 30th year of employment with the company I am with and might be a good excuse (to the family) of getting a new car.

So, heck, they can say I'm having a midlife crisis. They can say whatever they want. Besides, that means I will live to the ripe old age of 106!
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #53
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
Anyone who says 'Mid-life Crisis" is just envious and secretly wants one themselves. They are just afraid to admit it.

And as I pull up next to those naysayers driving their minivans and foreign imports, I will give them a wink then shake their teeth loose as I burn rubber and speed away.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #54
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tededfred View Post
FWIW, i'm 24, taking delivery of the car on my 25th B-day... And i'm getting accused of having a quarter-life crisis.

So apparently, the only time you're allowed to buy a kick ass car is when you're what... 35 years old? lol
Crisis, smisis. Life is so short. Why waste your life driving a miserable car when you can drive a car that you actually MAKE up reasons to go drive it, like making that 10th trip to the grocery store in one day..

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #55
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My wife said I could have it..............'nough said

Andy
Old 07-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #56
cshaw2049

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
No one has accused me of that yet, but I am pretty sure most are thinking that. Don't really care though! Love this car!
Attached Images

cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote