Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Think I did a baaad thing today

Now that I've got your attention. I took a Pontiac G8 GT for a test drive today and man what a big mistake. That car is awsome, I can't get over the power that thing has, the dealer let me really put it through it's paces. The interior, I know someone mentioned some place here said the interior was cheap looking? or something to that effect. Personally, I didn't see it, the inside was very well done, the base stero kick major "A". I just loved the car. The problem I have now is trying to keep myself from buying one, 'cause I really want the Camaro.
Oh, oh, speaking of the Camaro, the salesman said that he'd seen the 2010 Camaro(Don't really believe that) and he said that the Camaro's base engine was going to have 400hp (Again, I don't know if thats or not).
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, I'm sure he saw the concept...which is claimed to have 400 horsies. I SERIOUSLY doubt he's seen an actual 2010 Camaro.

Second, I completely agree on the G8 GT. It's a BEAUTIFUL car! I loved it when we sat in it. The only thing we didn't do was drive it.....cause I knew I'd be leaving teh lot in it for good!!! Nah...ya'll know I'm holding out for the new Camaro....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I saw one at a dealer near a base I'm going to be stationed at. . .they were marking it up 2k. too bad it was a sunday and I couldn't rip them a new one for doing such a thing. especially since I really need a car that gets better gas mileage then my truck. oh well.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
I agree, its a beautiful car, it looks even better and more aggressive in person.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Im probably going to test drive a G8 sometime to see how it feels, its going to be similar to the Camaro -but its as close as we are going to get for a while.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I saw one on the road for the first time today, and man I think it looks nice! It was white but i think it would look better in black. I did see another one, black, but it was on the lot as I drove by.
I've never test driven a car before, what do you have to do? Just tell them you want to take a test drive and thats it or tell them you're interested in buying it or something? I need to experience some horsepower sometime before my Camaro.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I just couldn't get over the power that thing had. The only thing that bugged me a little was that when you stomped on the gas you get this beeping sound and a message on the dash(Between the Tach and Speedometer) didn't see what the message said, was having too much fun, but the message stops after the cars drops down to around 55.
If anything, this'll give me a rough idea how the Camaro'll run and I gotta say if GM does put the L76 in the Camaro, I'll be more then happy and it'd still kick "A".
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #8
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
I just couldn't get over the power that thing had. The only thing that bugged me a little was that when you stomped on the gas you get this beeping sound and a message on the dash(Between the Tach and Speedometer) didn't see what the message said, was having too much fun, but the message stops after the cars drops down to around 55.
That was probably the Traction Control system...it does that on the GTO if you mash the accelerator with TC on... it limits the power the engine will deliver until the computer determines that you've got traction again.