Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #85
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I like the look of the new(er) steering wheel, but the use of it in the volt was enough to make me glad I have a 2010. I saw this today (maybe it's old news), but thought I'd share anyway Thanks GM. As if it wasn't enough already sharing Camaro and Vette colours with the most inexpensive models (gotta love driving the IOM Camaro and having an IOM Aveo, or whatever it's called now, pull up beside you). Oh well, had to vent. Things like this sure do p!ss you off. I understand parts commonality for mass production, but come on!

Maybe they can offer an RS package, they already do for the Cruize.

Actually the steering wheel is slightly different - however, we're trying to commonize the steering wheel controls - and yes, we're trying to commonize components as we have since the late '60s.

We've shared colors for at least 60 years -- nothing new there. (yes, there are some colors that aren't used on all car lines...)

You mention in a later post that you'd be willing to pay more for a unique steering wheel -- and I understand that. But reading thru the post, I think you'll find that not everyone feels that way. Some would be willing to pay for feature "A" - while others would be willing to pay extra for feature "B" - and then there are those who would be willing to pay for feature "C", D, E, F -- the numbers could eventually be staggering..............and then suddenly you realize that if we were to offer "all" of these 'features' - the car would be priced much higher than it is. then there are those who say "you're crazy! no way would I pay for feature "A" or "C" - but feature "H" is the cat's jammies! ...........see where I'm going with this?

In the end, we have to make hard decisions about the vehicles we design, engineer, and build - and unfortunately we can't make everyone happy altho that will always be our goal.........

(....also keep in mind that steering wheel design ties into air bags as well -- so it's not just like 'switching' steering wheels....)

-- and for the record - there have been other RS models over the years and there will continue to be more RS models now and then.............
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #86
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Thanks for posting that Fbodfather. I have been saying that for the last 3 years. To paraphrase Abe Lincoln, you can please some of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
You just gotta do what ya gotta do to make sure Chevy can keep building this great car and keep GM in business.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #87
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Yeah..............I've heard this silly defense for replacing the original design countless time in the forums here. As a actual purchaser, the 2010 collectable "form over function wheel" in Casper is the most sensible, comfortable & user friendly feature I can find to lay my giant sized hands upon while driving him. Just saying..............its still plenty functional like it was to begin with.
If you honestly think your steering wheel makes your 2010 more "collectible," I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #88
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
If you honestly think your steering wheel makes your 2010 more "collectible," I have a bridge to sell you.

rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #89
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Its a mass produced CHEVY, not a high end Ferrari.
This exactly. I'm not even sure why its such a popular topic...the wheel is comfortable on the 2012 and I like it. It's functional and simple. There are plenty of other things that I would rather have changed at this point then just the wheel. If it keeps the cost of the car down too I do not mind it.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #90
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
If anyone thinks a 2010 of any kind is collectible, I have some swampland in Florida to sell them.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #91
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Probably the only car GM has made in the last 2 decades that has a hope of being a collectible is a Pontiac GXP Solstice Coupe...not the ragtop. Magnificent car, fast and they only made about 1,100 of them. Wish I had bought one.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #92
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Probably the only car GM has made in the last 2 decades that has a hope of being a collectible is a Pontiac GXP Solstice Coupe...not the ragtop. Magnificent car, fast and they only made about 1,100 of them. Wish I had bought one.
Ragtop?

My friend, that is a Roadster. How gauche

Anyway, all Corvettes are 'collectible'
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #93
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

If only that were true.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #94
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post

If only that were true.
yourself. Ask guys that want one example of each Corvette
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #95
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
looks better in the buick
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #96
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
yourself. Ask guys that want one example of each Corvette
I happen to own one. And I can guarantee you that not "ALL" Corvettes are collectable.

Of course there are some years that have some very collectable models.
I have a '96 LT4 in very good condition, but it is not collectable in the since that it is worth a lot of $$
The C4 ZR1 is somewhat collectable, but they better be extremely low mileage cars to command top dollar.
Even the Grand Sport (they only made 1,000) of them) has to have extremely low mileage (less than 5,000) to be considered collectable.

The C5 and C6? Not collectable yet. Maybe in 15-20 years.

So, that leaves the C1, C2, and C3.
Now those can be, but not all of them.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #97
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Ragtop?

My friend, that is a Roadster. How gauche

Man you have no idea what you are talking about. Just before they stopped producing the Solstice they had started producing a coupe version. Only about 900 to 1000 were ever made ( there is debate on the actual number) it will be a very rare car to be sure.
http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/co...t/viewall.html
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #98
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
To each their own. I much prefer the current steering wheel over the 10/11. Actually, I looked at buying a Camaro in 2010 but I thought the interior was so hideous I wouldn't be able to stand it. (It was also a 1LT). Glad I waited until 2012, got a nicer looking dash, better steering wheel, HUD, more horsepower, and a power passenger seat. Let's not stop progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Man you have no idea what you are talking about. Just before they stopped producing the Solstice they had started producing a coupe version. Only about 900 to 1000 were ever made ( there is debate on the actual number) it will be a very rare car to be sure.
http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/co...t/viewall.html
I actually have seen one, I had no idea what it was until now. I thought what a shame that the car got discontinued.