Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-20-2015, 09:52 AM   #15
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver/1lE13 View Post
I got this pic, hope it helps you out.
Perfect.

Thanks!

I will show this to House of Wheels and see if they will work with me to ship me metal stem TPMS's (at least for the 2 fronts)!

Will have to redo M&B regardless on those 2 to get them in tho as this crummy stem/TPMS placement (again) makes removal without complete tire dismounting near impossible I assume.

Only thing this stem placement might be good for is racin' and stem protection from side swipes, but then it'd probably melt the damn thing from the heat. All for looks.

Another thing I'm not crazy about these rims is that it appears that the inner barrel will hold dust and dirt, and is probably not self draining of water to the inside of the barrel like a normal rim. There's a "ditch" (for lack of better tem) formed by the inner and outer flanges...

Damn good looking rim tho

Last edited by bub; 11-20-2015 at 05:33 PM.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #16
rosstermyer

Drives: 16' RedHot2 6MT SS
glad to hear you got it worked out. I havent seen you around town at all. I live near plaza and work in OP. Also a Redhot 2SS RS 1LE. Maybe ill catch ya next year somewhere...I should be washing and covering for storage this weekend. Looks like the cold weather is coming.. :(
rosstermyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #17
bub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstermyer View Post
glad to hear you got it worked out. I havent seen you around town at all. I live near plaza and work in OP. Also a Redhot 2SS RS 1LE. Maybe ill catch ya next year somewhere...I should be washing and covering for storage this weekend. Looks like the cold weather is coming.. :(
You didn't happen to pick up that '14 from Hawk Automotive did you?

We were considering that one, before we went with the new '15 from Hendrick. The '14 had like 8k miles on it and was super clean. Also had NPP. He was at $33k.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #18
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I've been looking at those myself, and expected to have ordered a set by now, but other factors have become an issue. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks as it's getting cold enough here now to keep me from driving the Camaro.

Also, I've seen the valve stem issue discussed in the MRR thread. It was noted when the wheels first started shipping.

In any case, good choice.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #19
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post

Another thing I'm not crazy about these rims is that it appears that the inner barrel will hold dust and dirt, and is probably not self draining of water to the inside of the barrel like a normal rim. There's a "ditch" (for lack of better tem) formed by the inner and outer flanges...

Has a set of Work wheels on my old Subaru with the same design and it would fill up with water when it rains and really throw off the balance at higher speeds. I wasn't able to go above maybe 45mph in the rain. It's common with aftermarket 2 piece wheels to use a reversed barrel so they can set any offset they like when welding on the face but it does cause the above issue ... but on a cast wheel, they should pay attention to such things. Maybe due to brake clearances.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #20
bub

Sun was finally shining and no rain today in KC so I snapped these pics....

Old 11-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #21
ozzy1le

Drives: 2015 camaro 1le
Those look good
ozzy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #22
bub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver/1lE13 View Post
I got this pic, hope it helps you out.
OK, just got off the phone with Bob from House of Wheels. He is sending me a shorter rubber valve stem "kit" that fixes this issue. He was apologetic that I had this problem in the first place. The shorter stem screws on to the TPMS unit itself, and clears the skates/ears. Just looking at a re-mount and balance for the 2 fronts now at KC Trends so the rims don't get all jacked up in the process.

For guys buying this MRR set-up for a 1LE or regular SS - BE SURE TO EITHER ASK FOR THE SHORTER STEMS FOR THE FRONT OR THE METAL STEMMED TPMS! Don't rely on the rim supplier to know or remember this issue with our cars' factory brake pads.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #23
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Perfect.

Thanks!

I will show this to House of Wheels and see if they will work with me to ship me metal stem TPMS's (at least for the 2 fronts)!

Will have to redo M&B regardless on those 2 to get them in tho as this crummy stem/TPMS placement (again) makes removal without complete tire dismounting near impossible I assume.

Only thing this stem placement might be good for is racin' and stem protection from side swipes, but then it'd probably melt the damn thing from the heat. All for looks.

I have the same same complaints with the wheels. There's always dirty water drying on the bottom in the little recessed area... leaving what essentially is a dirt wheel weight on there so it shakes like mad. I'd love to run these on the track, but I don't trust how thin the spokes are knowing they're Chinese cast. The "certifications" they have are voluntary and the manufacturer makes the claim- when dealing with the Chinese, they'll claim ANYTHING is compliant with ANY certification whether it does or not.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #24
LEO1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/1LE Victory Red
Good looking set up.