Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 11-30-2015, 11:34 PM   #43
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
I'm looking forward to get those tires, they should be better than the stock GY's and the same size Pirellis. Please let us know about your driving experience with them on your ZL1.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #44
1953 C6

Drives: 2016 SS Vert, 1969 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 C6 View Post
My set of 285/305 arrived yesterday and I will have them mounted and balanced over the weekend. Feedback to follow.
It's been raining here in Virginia the last two days and these tires are very sure footed. Much better traction in the rain than the stock Goodyears.
1953 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #45
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Thumbs up

I've got these mounted on factory rims on my SS. Boy what a difference! I replaced some Eagle F1's (worn out). So far loving them. No vibes, no noise. Smooth running set of tires and grippy in the rain/cold!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #46
Bosse'sBoss

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 C6 View Post
It's been raining here in Virginia the last two days and these tires are very sure footed. Much better traction in the rain than the stock Goodyears.
Keep us posted, how do they fell on the curves, braking on acceleration, etc. compared to the stock GY
Old 12-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #47
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Keep us posted, how do they fell on the curves, braking on acceleration, etc. compared to the stock GY
You may not care about my opinion since I've got ZL1's wheels on my SS...but I'll give it to you anyway.

After two sets of Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rear, I can say that braking, handling and acceleration are ALL better this time of year (cold weather). My car feels more sure-footed in all aspects.

Goodyear F1's are "summer" tires. Goodyear makes damn good tires. In the Summer, I'm sure the F1's (never had a problem with them other than their short life) would outperform the BF Goodrich tires. This time of year though, the BF Goodrich tires have them beat.

I went with BF Goodrich due to the cost and being an "all season" tire. I am finding them to be a great bang for the buck.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #48
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
You may not care about my opinion since I've got ZL1's wheels on my SS...but I'll give it to you anyway.

After two sets of Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rear, I can say that braking, handling and acceleration are ALL better this time of year (cold weather). My car feels more sure-footed in all aspects.

Goodyear F1's are "summer" tires. Goodyear makes damn good tires. In the Summer, I'm sure the F1's (never had a problem with them other than their short life) would outperform the BF Goodrich tires. This time of year though, the BF Goodrich tires have them beat.

I went with BF Goodrich due to the cost and being an "all season" tire. I am finding them to be a great bang for the buck.
We do appreciate your feedback! Heck I'm running the same wheels on my SS

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #49
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
I have a 2011 LS3 and plan on getting MRR228 rims so I need to get wider tires. These seem to be cheaper than the stock Pirellis. Since these are 305's in the back and 285's in the front do they perform better than the stock Pirellis?? (In the summer). And is it noticeably wider from the back? Didn't look too wide in that pic.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #50
Retro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
I have a 2011 LS3 and plan on getting MRR228 rims so I need to get wider tires. These seem to be cheaper than the stock Pirellis. Since these are 305's in the back and 285's in the front do they perform better than the stock Pirellis?? (In the summer). And is it noticeably wider from the back? Didn't look too wide in that pic.
I would say they would out perform the 245 / 275 P-zeros in most situations. The only time they may not... and this is just a guess on my part, would be on an open track on a hot day. The all seasons might not like the high temps.

Last edited by Retro69; 12-03-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #51
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
We do appreciate your feedback! Heck I'm running the same wheels on my SS
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Didn't look too wide in that pic.
Yeah, sorry bad pic. It's dark because I took it of the car in the garage at night. Let me assure you, they look just as wide as the Eagle F1's I was running.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #52
Bosse'sBoss

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post

Thanks for your comments. Well received
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #53
Luvgoinfast

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Got these put on my ZL1 today and man i got to say very impressed. They have pretty good grip for my car but i only put down 554 so can't say about higher levels but I don't really see any problems. Not to mention the ride is a little better I believe with them also. I have noticed the turn in is different feeling almost like the sidewall rolls a little. That just happens on initial turn in though then they seem to catch up if that makes sense. It's been pretty cold here even today it was 37 when I started on them and got up to 52 they felt great. Would I track these tires most likely not for the simple fact the response to me just feels weird. But as far as everyday driving I find them hard to beat. Now to see how they hold up in the mileage department since I've sold my daily the Z will become my daily for a few months unless the snow is crazy of course. Hope it helps y'all out
Luvgoinfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #54
Retro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvgoinfast View Post
Got these put on my ZL1 today and man i got to say very impressed. They have pretty good grip for my car but i only put down 554 so can't say about higher levels but I don't really see any problems. Not to mention the ride is a little better I believe with them also. I have noticed the turn in is different feeling almost like the sidewall rolls a little. That just happens on initial turn in though then they seem to catch up if that makes sense. It's been pretty cold here even today it was 37 when I started on them and got up to 52 they felt great. Would I track these tires most likely not for the simple fact the response to me just feels weird. But as far as everyday driving I find them hard to beat. Now to see how they hold up in the mileage department since I've sold my daily the Z will become my daily for a few months unless the snow is crazy of course. Hope it helps y'all out
I noticed the very same turn in behavior.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #55
9020B

Drives: 2015 ZL1 AGM
Mine are here and going on tomorrow.
9020B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #56
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Got mine put on yesterday. I think iam to busy listening for rubbing since I went with 285 front and 305 rear on my SS. Instead of really paying attention to the tire. But seems to drive well.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote