Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
2010 Camaro Indy 500 Replica Pacecar Charity Fundraiser

Okay some of you may have caught the thread that they are coming out within the next 2-4 weeks with the 2010 Camaro Indy 500 Replica Pacecar and if you haven't here is a link to the thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75675

Anyway to sum it up they are releasing 200 of these cars across the U.S. and so they will be a pretty hard to get and a much desired find if you can get your hands on one. I live in Bakersfield and our local dealership, Three Way Chevrolet, is going to be getting one of them as well. I went to talk to anyone over there who knew about the car and no one even knew it was coming out let alone that they were getting one. A few questions and people later I wind up talking to Ted Nicholas who is actually the President and CEO of Three Way Automotive Group and discussing the car with him. He knew they were getting the car just wasn't for sure when the exact arrival date was yet. I had mentioned to him the Camaro5 family and that members were looking to possibly get their hands on one of these rare cars. He came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea on how to sell a car that is a rare come-by such as this one. He is going to hold an auction for the car at the Three Way Chevrolet dealership (but also will accept silent bids) and the car goes to the highest bidder HOWEVER Three Way Chevrolet is only going to take the MSRP value of the car and anything made beyond MSRP is going to be donated to one of the local charities. This is going to a great cause and after speaking with Ted he is a great guy and not just a business man. He is going to contact me as soon as he see's the car is set to deliver to the dealership at which time I will let you guys know. I know I personally don't have the means to accomadate another Camaro otherwise I would be active in trying to bid on this but it would be awesome if you guys that may be interested would jump in on this car that is going to a great cause.

I believe financing will be availible HOWEVER if the bidding goes above 110% of the cars MSRP you will need to put some decent money down for loan approval. My recommendation is a pre-approval letter before the bidding begins. I also will post up as soon as I find out what the MSRP is going to be on the car so you know as to roughly where the bidding will begin. And one more thing to add for you out of state guys, if you want to be involved and possibly get your hands on this car I may be able to take your silent bids if you send them to me and I can relay them to Ted and if you are the winning bid he can have the car shipped to your nearest Chevrolet dealership. Also the winning bidder will get to write-off the amount he bids beyond MSRP for next years tax season so that there is a tax break as well. I will contact him tomorrow afternoon and find out further details.

PM me with any questions or comments or feel free to post as I will be following this thread pretty close. Thanks in advance guys for getting in on a great cause!

(We are also accepting ideas for a valid charity you believe the proceeds should benefit)

A brief description:
Six-Speed Automatic Transmission with Remote Start
20” Polished Aluminum Wheels
Full Body White Pearl Decal Rally Stripes
Inferno Orange Heritage Front Grille
Inferno Orange V8 Engine Cover
Premium Floor Mats with Inferno Orange Piping
Embroidered Front Headrests with Indianapolis 500 Logo
Indianapolis 500 Decal Logo for Both Front Doors
Indianapolis 500 Cloisonné Front Fender Badging

A few pictures of the official pacecar this year:

Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
looks good like someone i know .....
Attached Images

C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Nice!!

I'm not sure how much this will generate. But if It were IBM I would take it instead of mine in no time.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

I'd take it too but sadly...I live the paycheck to paycheck life...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Pace car

The Good Guys Car Show in Del Mar (CA) had one on display over the week end. It looked great. There were 5 2010 Camaro's all with superchargers. Great show!!!
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
The Good Guys Car Show in Del Mar (CA) had one on display over the week end. It looked great. There were 5 2010 Camaro's all with superchargers. Great show!!!
A Pace Car Replica w/ a SuperCharger on it already...

Kudos to Three Way Chevrolet...
Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Okay guys dropping a line for an update to all those who are interested in possibly owning one of these cars. I've recieved the invoice from Three Way on the price of the car which in turn will reflect roughly where the bidding will begin at. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to release a full detailed invoice on here due to a confidentiality agreement with them but I can release it as follows:

Base price for Camaro 2SS Coupe MSRP: $33,945

2010 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Package: $7,155

Total Model & Options Price: $41,100

Destination Charge: $850

Total MSRP: $41,950
Old 04-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Also a breakdown of what is included with the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car package as shown on dealer invoice is as follows:

*RS Appearance Package
*20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
*6 Speed Automatic Transmission
*Remote Vehicle Starter System
*Inferno Orange Metallic Paint
*Inferno Orange Accent Interior
*Full Body White Pearl Rally Stripes
*Indianapolis 500 Door Decals
*Indianapolis 500 Fender Badges
*Unique Body Color Front Grille Insert
*Inferno Orange Engine Cover
*Indianapolis 500 Embroidered Headrests
*Floor Mats W/ Orange Accent
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

bumping it back up...may have a date setup but no time yet for those of you who PM'd me and were interested...I'll post up tomorrow after I talk to the CEO again.