Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #141
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Perhaps I'm being too sarcastic but I don't think it's too much to ask that they stick to the "promised" design as close as possible. For years now we're hearing them boast about how close to the concept the production car will be and that the only things they change had to be for safety reasons or production reasons.

But now we get close to the unveiling and we see changes that are cosmetic and completely arbitrary looking and I can tell that I'm not the only one here who feels a bit cheated. Maybe too many people tried too hard to sell us the concept and how much this would be like that?

I'm not real happy about the way it's coming along. I don't know if the disciples were shown some of these changes and had no opinions. I'm hoping these leaks are them "testing the water" to see reaction. If so then I suggest people who have been fawning over this take off your "camaro" colored glasses and look at it objectively. If this were the new Mustang would you be so in LOVE with that lower fascia? I hope not. It looks so 80's car to me. That thing really detracts from the entire car.

It's like someone having a brand new car and someone bashes the door in and never gets it fixed sort of pitiful looking.

Maybe someone less bitter can explain this better than me.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #142
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM HOLDEN View Post
Just wondering who the person is that keeps saying that Australian cars need amber lights as part of the regulations here in oz?? Have u done any research? or are u just making stuff up?.
Maybe just google our cars here, like HOLDEN COMMODORES, HSV or even ford falcons. How can people who love Camaro's be so ignorant?
http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/60/ssv.html#/gallery/
Its for export not for aussy specifically. I know for a fact that for france you need to have amber tails. We were also told that aussy's do infact need amber lights. Maybe its due to a special reg that non-production cars are only affected or whatever. But there is a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Perhaps I'm being too sarcastic but I don't think it's too much to ask that they stick to the "promised" design as close as possible. For years now we're hearing them boast about how close to the concept the production car will be and that the only things they change had to be for safety reasons or production reasons.

But now we get close to the unveiling and we see changes that are cosmetic and completely arbitrary looking and I can tell that I'm not the only one here who feels a bit cheated. Maybe too many people tried too hard to sell us the concept and how much this would be like that?

I'm not real happy about the way it's coming along. I don't know if the disciples were shown some of these changes and had no opinions. I'm hoping these leaks are them "testing the water" to see reaction. If so then I suggest people who have been fawning over this take off your "camaro" colored glasses and look at it objectively. If this were the new Mustang would you be so in LOVE with that lower fascia? I hope not. It looks so 80's car to me. That thing really detracts from the entire car.

It's like someone having a brand new car and someone bashes the door in and never gets it fixed sort of pitiful looking.

Why don't you wait until the facts are released. I KNOW that there will be more than 1 front end for the camaro, and which one will be based on trim/options. I also suggest you wait to judge until you have seen it in person. Just like the concept pictures dont do the pre-prod justice, also I have seen a pre-prod in person and it will blow your socks off.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #143
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM HOLDEN View Post
Just wondering who the person is that keeps saying that Australian cars need amber lights as part of the regulations here in oz?? Have u done any research? or are u just making stuff up?.
Maybe just google our cars here, like HOLDEN COMMODORES, HSV or even ford falcons. How can people who love Camaro's be so ignorant?
http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/60/ssv.html#/gallery/
People here are not ignorant, they just don't care what your regulations are enough to dig them up. They know that export models of many US cars are equipped with Amber signals for specific reasons and don't question the fact that the US versions have all red lamps.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #144
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Damn... this is going to be a long 9 days...

To Scott and the rest of the wiz kids over at GM... THANK YOU!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #145
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Thumbs down No more Z28 Sorry.

SS is the top model for the up and coming Camaro. It's been in talks for months but apparently they came up with a final diction, NO Z28!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/camaro-w...8-is-dead.html
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrole...o-ss-2010.html

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
Old 07-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #146
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
I think the car looks great.

it really does look like its about to kick someones ass.

the lower bumper, i could definatly live with. i didnt even notice it looked too busy till about 3992 people pointed it out.

but ya those brembos look bad ass. im hoping the "suprise" that we get could be some halo lights tucked under the hood like the concept, giving the car the glaring eyes.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #147
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Point noted...I'll try to approach this carefully.

Quote:
I haven't seen anything that's been changed, that wasn't for one of three reasons:
1: saftey
2: cost/practicality (see: reverse lights above mufflers)
3: to differenciate one model from another

They really have managed to keep the vehicle unbelievably close to the concept. Moreso than the majority of the concept-to-production vehicles in the industry. The things that have been changed for saftey/cost/practicality we must learn to live with. I doubt with all my heart that they changed anything just because. But the things that were changed to differenciate the trim levels (which was a major concern) were no doubt passed by the Disciples........

Is it possible you're letting too much personal preference leak into this idea of people 'fawning'? Is it too much to believe that so many people actually like what they've done with the car?

I think, at this point, it would be a good idea to wait for the absolute final car sitting in the Brickyard at Indy (or in pictures later this month). This might be 99% complete, but spyshots, and even some official photos do this car NO justice. Ever since the concept was shown; the song and dance was "you HAVE to see it in person". I think that tune still applies. Wait for it to appear at Indy (or your dealership). If then, you still don't like certain points on the car... I don't know what could be said to fix it. But we knew that the design team wasn't going to trill everybody. It isn't possible. Given what they have done, though...I think they've thrilled a LOT of people! (and this, through a bunch of so-so pictures!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_n_veins View Post
SS is the top model for the up and coming Camaro. It's been in talks for months but apparently they came up with a final diction, NO Z28!

EEEEEEHHH, wrong. next question!
That's been debunked by the Fbodfather already...twice now (silly writers).
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...8127#post88127

As far as anyone who actually knows is concerned (not informants, or "people" who work on the project), the Camaro (and Z28) is still coming out.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #148
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:

Don't believe everything you read...

Let's be realistic... the existence of a Z28 is going to depend far more on the actual popularity of the production models and the generals ability to meet their expected sales numbers then it will be on the price of gas or some reporters "facts". If the Camaro sells like it will, and the program meets it's initial goals like is should then of course they are going to make a Z28 "Top Dog", even if it is only in a limited production run, and even if it is only for bragging rights. Think about it. There is not a whole lot of additional cost to manufacturer a Z28 over the SS. The chassis will be done and complete and the upgrades will all be possible from off the shelf hardware pulled from the parts bins of whatever vehicle they like.

Keep the faith and don't let the media get you down...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #149
octane_n_veins

Cool YES???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
Don't believe everything you read...

Let's be realistic... the existence of a Z28 is going to depend far more on the actual popularity of the production models and the generals ability to meet their expected sales numbers then it will be on the price of gas or some reporters "facts". If the Camaro sells like it will, and the program meets it's initial goals like is should then of course they are going to make a Z28 "Top Dog", even if it is only in a limited production run, and even if it is only for bragging rights. Think about it. There is not a whole lot of additional cost to manufacturer a Z28 over the SS. The chassis will be done and complete and the upgrades will all be possible from off the shelf hardware pulled from the parts bins of whatever vehicle they like.

Keep the faith and don't let the media get you down...
If you read both of the links that have provided then you read and realize that GM has conformed the SS is the top name plate slated for the release of the Camaro next year. Z28 was suppose to get the LS8, a detuned version of the LS9. But the new café regs have scared them off of that idea as well as a few others like the rear wheel drive Impala the was suppose to come out in 2011. It was based off the same platform as the Pontiac G8 but the G8 and the Camaro were too far in their final stages to squash. I work at a Chevy dealership and I recently spoke w/ the GM rep for the west coast about this very topic and simply put… “CHEVROLET as not known what the term Gas-Guzzler Tax was until 2009 in the Corvette Z06, which will be receiving it soon do to the new café regs.” Now with that said, the ZR1 will also receive the gas-guzzler too because it gets worse gas mileage than the Z06 now. The ZR1 houses the LS9 engine and the Z28 was supposed to get the LS8 engine, which is a detuned version. It would diffently get the gas-guzzler tax and Chevy is proud of the fact that they never had til now. So as I, GM, and the links that I provide all said… Sorry NO Z28. How ever there are talks about a Hybrid Camaro? Hybrid, really???

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-offic...ick-model.html
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrole...id-camaro.html

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #150
Mr. Wyndham

Lay off the bold, please.....it hurts my eyes.

The links you provided are chalk-full of false information, or misunderstood/misrepresented info (if you want to say it nice). Journalistic garbage.
Read MY link:
Old 07-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #151
octane_n_veins

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Lay off the bold, please.....it hurts my eyes.

The links you provided are chalk-full of false information, or misunderstood/misrepresented info (if you want to say it nice). Journalistic garbage.
Read MY link:
My bad. Didn't mean for the bold to show. You are half right when you say, "misunderstood/misrepresented info." How ever As I said I spoke with a gentalman that deals with direct contact to detriot on a weekly and sometimes daily bases, and he said NO LS8 engine will be produced. "CAFE REGS are the bad guy not I." The cafe is and has killed the hopes and dreams for many other GM projects that were supose to come to the U.S. but dure 35mpg by 2020 GM fells it's too risky at this time.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #152
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
I work at a Chevy dealership

This is the exact moment all credibility went flying out the window.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:48 AM   #153
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
My bad. Didn't mean for the bold to show. You are half right when you say, "misunderstood/misrepresented info." How ever As I said I spoke with a gentalman that deals with direct contact to detriot on a weekly and sometimes daily bases, and he said NO LS8 engine will be produced. "CAFE REGS are the bad guy not I." The cafe is and has killed the hopes and dreams for many other GM projects that were supose to come to the U.S. but dure 35mpg by 2020 GM fells it's too risky at this time.
I don't doubt that some more exotic projects were shelved; it would only make sense that GM focuses as a whole on more fuel efficient models. But the Z28 (assuming there is one) is still a go according to Scott. No offense meant to you, but in a game of Camaro poker; a Royal Scott beats a direct contact.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:53 AM   #154
octane_n_veins

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
This is the exact moment all credibility went flying out the window.
LOL...

Drive save & fast!

Closed Thread