Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #43
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Yes, evrrbody hss their own prference. You are the only one that needs to be happy with anything you spend your $ on. Good thread though. You got to listen to lots of different systems.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I just got to hear my father-in-laws vette again last night. If you want your V-8 to sound like a rice burner with aftermarket exhaust, then Corsa is right for you.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #45
simonmcnasty
The Juggernaught

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Magnaflow FTW

2010 IBM 2SS RS / LG G6X3 Cam / 1 7/8" Kooks headers / Hi-Flo Cats / ADM Cold air / Magnaflow 3" exhaust / UD Pulley / Sam Miller Tune / SAE 481RWHP 441RWTQ / Eibach Pro-kit / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Elite Catch Can / DRL Harness and AAC Plasma bulbs
simonmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #46
gorgeous-ss

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
I love my stainless works retro chambered catback. If you want a great sound I'd say use that. But if you plan on adding headers it might be a little too loud for most people opinions

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
gorgeous-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #47
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I am not a big fan of Corsa on these cars. It is fairly quiet..even with headers. No scenerio is worse than having a customer buy one of the most expensive exhausts you sell only to call back a week later looking to replace it because it is not aggressive enough.
Thats not what my neighbor says about mine when I take off!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #48
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Corsa LS3 and Longtubes with high flow cats is very loud, I have it and get compliments all the time and it sounds nothing like a Honda

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #49
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I am not a big fan of Corsa on these cars. It is fairly quiet..even with headers. No scenerio is worse than having a customer buy one of the most expensive exhausts you sell only to call back a week later looking to replace it because it is not aggressive enough.
I wonder if more complaints are about inside the cabin volume or outside. From inside the car it sounds like a very mild exhaust, even at WOT. I can hear the engine noise from my cai over the exhaust. If someone purchased this exhaust thinking they would hear it inside the car, I could see them being disappointed.

To the guys saying it sounds ricey, are you talking about from inside or outside?
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #50
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I dont think his issue is volume.. it sounds like it is strictly tone. We are not debating how loud it will be.

Borla hands down.. any sensible Corsa owner will admit the tone is raspy and higher pitch until you upgrade the cam. Headers will just elevate the volume and maintain the tone.

Borla S type tone is incredible and just gets better and better with mods (volume). ATAK will be a bit raspy too and touring isn't much over stock. Consider S type through Maryland Speed. Best price I found at the time.

Where Corsa almost got my sale is the no drone (especially for the L99 guys). But I figured I could suck it up, lift with the drone in exchange for the deeper, throaty, gurgle type sound and I have never been happier.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I dont think his issue is volume.. it sounds like it is strictly tone. We are not debating how loud it will be.

Borla hands down.. any sensible Corsa owner will admit the tone is raspy and higher pitch until you upgrade the cam. Headers will just elevate the volume and maintain the tone.

Borla S type tone is incredible and just gets better and better with mods (volume). ATAK will be a bit raspy too and touring isn't much over stock. Consider S type through Maryland Speed. Best price I found at the time.

Where Corsa almost got my sale is the no drone (especially for the L99 guys). But I figured I could suck it up, live with the drone in exchange for the deeper, throaty, gurgle type sound and I have never been happier.

I have MBRP with headers and CAM, and a friend of mine has Borla S, and they are very close.
And, you're right if you have the technology that removes the drone you have to sacrifice the sound and vice versa. I have not seen or heard any comparable sound that does not have the drone.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
AtotheJ
2010 Camaro 2SS LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post

Where Corsa almost got my sale is the no drone (especially for the L99 guys). But I figured I could suck it up, lift with the drone in exchange for the deeper, throaty, gurgle type sound and I have never been happier.
You hit the nail on the head. Im just not a fan of the tone of the exhaust. Its not my personal preference for a muscle car. I never said it was a bad system at all.

I'll look into the Borla System as well. I'm currently debating between the MBRP and Magnaflow.....and now the Borla S

| TSP Headers | Magnaflow | CAI | LMR Tune | BC Racing | Pfadt Sways |
AtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtotheJ View Post
You hit the nail on the head. Im just not a fan of the tone of the exhaust. Its not my personal preference for a muscle car. I never said it was a bad system at all.

I'll look into the Borla System as well. I'm currently debating between the MBRP and Magnaflow.....and now the Borla S
X2 You are right... Brantley nailed it perfectly...
Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #54
AtotheJ
2010 Camaro 2SS LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Yea i like loud, im ok with loud. As long as it is the right kind. Everyone keeps talking about the drone, since I have the Corsa there isn't any drone (which is nice) but how "unbearable" is it really with some of the other systems. I do plan on doing headers/cam/maggie in the future.

| TSP Headers | Magnaflow | CAI | LMR Tune | BC Racing | Pfadt Sways |
AtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #55
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I wounder if anyone has hacked off their stock muffler's and installed super traps with baffles.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #56
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
SOLO Mach XL with J pipes - no drone and muscle sound and cheaper to boot
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote