Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
NFL Offensive Rookie of the year....

sCam Newton.... Are you Firetrucking kidding me? What a freaking joke and sCam is a joke. He had a less than average college career. Just look at his pathetic college history/stats. He was a disgrace in the college ranks and his heisman trophy should be stripped. TCU should have been in that BCS game against Auburn. They would have man handled Auburn and sCam. We all know the pro bowl is for fun, but Cam looked like the biggest schmuck out there. He got man handled in a exhibition game. He looked lost and confused. He was worse than Rodgers complaining about his pro bowl team mates. sCam cares sCam, that's it. Andy Dalton was, is and always will be a better QB, team player and team leader.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Not sure why you are bringing up his college career. that has absolutely nothing to do with being picked for the NFL offensive rookie of the year. And honestly, I think he should be picked for rookie of the year as well. The dude ran for 14 touchdowns and 21 passing TD's. Not to mention, he threw for over 4k yards. Granted, their w/l record sucks, but it's not from a lack of trying from cam newton. The guy had a beast rookie year, the best anyone has seen from a rookie qb, ever.

People need to leave their personal vendetta at home, and just look at what he did.

Rookie Records
Most passing yards by a rookie in a game (432)
Most passing yards by a rookie in a season (4,051)
First rookie in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in back to back games
First rookie in NFL history to throw for 10 touchdowns and run for 10 touchdowns in a season.
Fourth rookie quarterback to throw for 3,000 yards in a season.
Third most pass TDs (21) in a rookie season.
Most total touchdowns by a rookie NFL player: 35 (21 pass, 14 rush).

and I'll just throw in a few more records that he surpassed, as a rookie...

Records
Most passing yards by a quarterback in debut game (422)
Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854)
First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first career start
Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games
First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first two career starts
Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards
First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games
Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (13)
Second player in NFL history with 20+ pass TDs and 10+ rush TDs in a season
First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 10+ rush TDs in a season.
First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 500+ rush yards in a season.
Had a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown in the same game eight times, tying the NFL single-season record
Old 02-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

If anyone can name a 2011 rookie, that had a better overall season, then by all means, there's a good debate.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find any rookie, ever, to have that kind of a season.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Yeah I know all the stats and geedunk records he broke. Granted he accomplished what he did, but it didn't get his team anywhere which falls right back on what I said previously, sCam was all about sCam.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I think Cam deserved it. Unfortunately he is on a team that struggled immensely this year. Find another rookie in the league with better stats at that position and maybe I will give it some thought, but you can't and you won't. You have to give Cam his props.. As far as his college career, The award was for NFL rookie of the year not college rookie of the year.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Also, the award is not a team award; it is an individual award. Your gripe appears to be more of a personal one than a factual one.... JMO.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Good grief, even all the Tebow comeback moments this year are more impressive than what Cam accomplished.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Tebow isnt a rookie...
Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Never said he was
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

LOL, C'mon NavyDood. First off I applaud you and thank you for your service in the armed forces. I like Tebow for his toughness and willing to go the extra mile. But his name and Cam name should not be spoken in the same sentence. Cam is clearly a better athlete them Tim. Aside from his personal life, what is it that you dislike about him as an athlete?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Never said he was
that's like saying drew brees had a better season then. You are making less and less sense with each post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
LOL, C'mon NavyDood. First off I applaud you and thank you for your service in the armed forces. I like Tebow for his toughness and willing to go the extra mile. But his name and Cam name should not be spoken in the same sentence. Cam is clearly a better athlete them Tim. Aside from his personal life, what is it that you dislike about him as an athlete?
LOL. I am just on a tyrant today since my Niners weren't playing the Pats in the superbowl since they beat themselves against the Giants two weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
that's like saying drew brees had a better season then. You are making less and less sense with each post
He did, he was offensive player of the year for the whole NFL.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
PoorMansCamaro

Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
NavyDood
Retired Navy

I've got more. At least Jim Harbaugh was coach of the year which is much better than sCams geedunk title.