Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Tire pressure computer issue

I had a nail in my tire about a month ago. The only way i noticed it was when the computer told me i had 25 PSI in the tire, all the others showed 37/38 PSI. The issue I had was... the diagram that pops up in the dispay menu with the car and 4 tires showed the driverside front/left tire blinking (blinking meaning it was the one with low tire pressure). At the time i didnt see the nail, i just went off the diagram. So i put air into the tire based off the dispay picture then relaized i had put air into the wrong tire when it said that one tire now had 60psi and I was still showing the other with 25psi. It was then that i relaized the diagram is upside down. The tires that appear to be the front of the car on the display are actually the back tires on the car and vice versa. Is this a computer programed issue or is this normal? From the diagram image on the dispay menu it appears that the front of the car is facing up and not down, that is why i made the assumption that my front left (driverside) tire had the nail, when it was actually the rear (driverside). sorry this may sound confusing lol

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
That is definitely not normal my friend. The diagram on the computer SHOULD have each tire on the corner of the actual corner it corresponds with. I got a flat a while back and the computer told me the correct tire that had deflated, on the front left side. Mine had gone down to about 21 PSI, and it was visibly flat from the outside. For future reference, if a tire is really that deflated, you should be able to tell for yourself, so just make sure to do a manual check. Do you have the 20" tires? Also, an analog air pressure gauge is always a good investment, since they're only like 7 bucks.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
Follow the TPMS sensor matching process on page 9-62 of the manual.
p3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3jason View Post
Follow the TPMS sensor matching process on page 9-62 of the manual.
Pretty easy to learn. If I may make a suggestion. To have the system learn, let air out of each tire to make it learn.

Also take note that the turn signal for the tire that it wants to learn will be illuminated.

Then when done pump air into each tire.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT'13 View Post
That is definitely not normal my friend. The diagram on the computer SHOULD have each tire on the corner of the actual corner it corresponds with. I got a flat a while back and the computer told me the correct tire that had deflated, on the front left side. Mine had gone down to about 21 PSI, and it was visibly flat from the outside. For future reference, if a tire is really that deflated, you should be able to tell for yourself, so just make sure to do a manual check. Do you have the 20" tires? Also, an analog air pressure gauge is always a good investment, since they're only like 7 bucks.
I have 19" tires. Yea i did a manual check once i realized it was the rear tire that had the nail in it. I found the nail eventually but still couldnt see a hugh deflation in the tire.

Thanks P3Jason and skuttduck, ill take a look into TPMS sensor matching. Always apprciate the help

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Hey all, here's one for ya. Only had my 2011 2SS for 2 weeks, still getting to know her. Cold New England weather just introduce me to the TPMS. The car cam with Pirelli P-Zeros and I was always taught to inflate to the recommended pressure on the tire sidewall, not the cars data plate. P-Zeros are 50 PSI max, but it appears the TPMS doesn't issue a warning until a tire is around 32 PSI. I read the manual but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the car the alert PSI should be higher. Is this something we can set?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-SS View Post
Hey all, here's one for ya. Only had my 2011 2SS for 2 weeks, still getting to know her. Cold New England weather just introduce me to the TPMS. The car cam with Pirelli P-Zeros and I was always taught to inflate to the recommended pressure on the tire sidewall, not the cars data plate. P-Zeros are 50 PSI max, but it appears the TPMS doesn't issue a warning until a tire is around 32 PSI. I read the manual but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the car the alert PSI should be higher. Is this something we can set?
inflate your tires to 36 PSI. Per the owner's manual. Also, P-zeros are SUMMER tires, they are not rated to be driven in temps lower than 40 degrees
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your tires probably got rotated (front to back) at some point

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote