Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Coolant TSB?

Just discovered that my 2010 SS/RS is leaking coolant. I found out in a bad way. On a Caravan to Wright Patterson Air Force Base, The Trans-Am behind me had some kind of Oily, sticky residue all over the front of his car. We didn't think anything of it, until 3 days later. I noticed a small to moderate amount of "pinkish" fluid in the garage where I park it.

I believe a couple of weeks ago, I saw something on this site touching upon a possible TSB about a coolant leak. I can't, however, find that in a search.

Can any of you fine folks on here point me in the right direction, if you have heard of this?

Thank you in advance!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
call me crazy... but i have never heard of "pink" coolant. i've seen "pink" drip from transmission and "pink" drip from power steering... but never coolant.

and i've never heard of an "oily" coolant either.

you should take a closer look at your car to find out where it's actually leaking from.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
call me crazy... but i have never heard of "pink" coolant. i've seen "pink" drip from transmission and "pink" drip from power steering... but never coolant.

and i've never heard of an "oily" coolant either.

you should take a closer look at your car to find out where it's actually leaking from.
well there is a light red that almost looks pink coolent, my scion has it. it suppose to be good up to 100000 miles. now as for greasy i am with you on that i know coolent is not greasy.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Kycamaross

The Dex-cool in bulk does look orange, but in smaller quantities it has a pinkish hue to it. Also, next time you are in an area where you can actually feel the texture of coolant, it does indeed have an oily feel to it. (yeah, I know, who the hell really wants to feel the texture of coolant)

Greasy, I work nights, and this weekend, I'll get it up on a lift to pinpoint the origin, but, I remember reading something about a TSB a couple weeks ago or so. I was just hoping that someone remembers that!!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...oolant+leak%22

this one?
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Kycamaross

Quote: