Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
dect

Drives: None
I'm confused.

So, I have been looking at a few things and I am just confused now...

Can you order other things on your car besides RS package and the colors? Like the metal slot for V6's? Or any other accessories like that are on the online store? can you have them installed before you actually get your car? Like, I want the slot for my V6 and a few other options that are available but my dealer made it seem like the only thing that was actually available was RS package and colors

What about Catback Exhaust can I get that installed before I actually take delivery or what about a Air intake? What about the Fuel Door?

Also, how do you get a LS3?..
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
How do you plan on installing parts on a car you don't have.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
For having 158 posts, I am thoroughly disappointed...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
kdbolt70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dect View Post
So, I have been looking at a few things and I am just confused now...

Can you order other things on your car besides RS package and the colors? Like the metal slot for V6's? Or any other accessories like that are on the online store? can you have them installed before you actually get your car? Like, I want the slot for my V6 and a few other options that are available but my dealer made it seem like the only thing that was actually available was RS package and colors

What about Catback Exhaust can I get that installed before I actually take delivery or what about a Air intake? What about the Fuel Door?

Also, how do you get a LS3?..
LS3 is easy: either trim SS with the manual transmission will get the LS3. Auto gets the L99.

Certain accessories are available now, which are dealer installed. So you can order them when you order the car, but they will not be installed until it arrives at the dealer. Some accessories are not available yet, but should be by about Q3 of this year.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
dect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
For having 158 posts, I am thoroughly disappointed...
I actually know everything about the Camaro besides this kind of thing.. I answer questions about the Camaro all the time. I correct my dealer ALL the time I correct anyone that says a word about the Camaro. It's just no one ever talks about on the forum about this kind of thing and my dealer is stupid.

So, say I want the mail slot should I call him right now and tell him to put it on my order? I don't want to have to go back and put it on... I am just asking this for the future I don't have the car yet but I am wanting to know if I need to call him now to get those accessories on my car now.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Croathlete
Danny

Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
The only way you're getting the mail slot is with the SS, not the LT's.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
I actually know everything about the Camaro besides this kind of thing.. I answer questions about the Camaro all the time. I correct my dealer ALL the time I correct anyone that says a word about the Camaro. It's just no one ever talks about on the forum about this kind of thing and my dealer is stupid.

So, say I want the mail slot should I call him right now and tell him to put it on my order? I don't want to have to go back and put it on... I am just asking this for the future I don't have the car yet but I am wanting to know if I need to call him now to get those accessories on my car now.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
The LS3 and the mail slot are only available on the SS. (The LS3 is a V8 engine...so it's obviously not an option with the V6).
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
kdbolt70

Quote:

Sorry I misinterpreted your first post. There is pretty much no way of getting the mailslot on the V6. It is not an option or accessory. You'll have to swap with a V8 guy, or buy an accessory part and have it painted...
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Um...where do you see an available mail slot accessory option for the V6? The only way to get one from the factory is to order an SS unless something has changed.

On the performance options, sources have told me that they will most likely not be available for installation until Q3 or later (shorty headers, cat-back exhaust, short throw shifter). If the pricing for these options is available by the time your car comes in, you should be able to roll the prices of the options into the total price of the car and have them installed when they become available but that may be up to the dealer. My dealer will be doing that in my case. I'd rather have the cost of those options rolled up into the financing of the car instead of plunking down a lump of cash when the options are available.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
dect

Grille, Upper Insert
*Coming Soon*
Black w/ Dark Argent Surround
Your Price $275.00
With Installation $423.50

That is what I am talking about:(

Or am I just stupid? haha. I probably am but thats what you guys are for!

I remember seeing "mail slot" in accessories somewhere

And does the 2LT already come with this?
Personal Audio Link
*Coming Soon*
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Grille, Upper Insert
*Coming Soon*
Black w/ Dark Argent Surround
Your Price $275.00
With Installation $423.50

And does the 2LT already come with this?
Personal Audio Link
*Coming Soon*

I don't think that has anything to do with the mail slot..and I don't believe that audio link comes with the 2LT..I don't know what it is but it sounds like the 3.5mm cord that has two male ends..
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
That is the heritage grill insert like you see on Dale Jr.'s Camaro...

Nope. Can't buy the mail slot as an accessory item. Good luck on finding an SS owner that wants to swap front fascias...that is, if you can even do that and it look right. Sorry.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
dect

It's all good but doesn't the 2LT come with where you can hook up a zune/ipod to hear music? I believe it does just need confirmation.