Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 AM   #29
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I wish that I could buy the back-up sensors from you to put on my SS. It is difficult backing into my garage. That is the price that we pay for the swoopy rear fenders. I would have been happy to pay the additional $400.00 to have them. All in all, I am completely satisfied and happy with my 2010 1SS.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I complained that this would happen long ago when this first was announced and a lot of people dismissed me as a whiner and said that $400 was no big deal.

$400 IS a big deal...

I'm sure most of you taking you car in for an oil change and getting charged $400 because they had to add muffler bearings to your car, or change the headligh fluid would be pissed off... this is the same thing. You have no choice!

Thanks for proving that I'm not crazy!

If you have that big an issue over $400... You can't afford this car ...IMO.... Replacing the tires will put you in the poor house .....
Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #31
DRK

Drives: 2007 Harley Davidson F-250
Quote:
You can get a pretty decent computer for that price... maybe some people here think it's chicken feed. To many of us it would be a pain and inconvenience and to others of us it could break the bank.
If $400 breaks the bank, you shouldn't be buying a new Camaro.
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #32
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
and have 100 left over...to do whatever you please..

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #33
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Wish I had them

I would have gladly accepted them
you have limited visability to the rear.
It don't take much to scuff the rear fascia.
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #34
Kamaro4437

Drives: 2 64 1/2 coupes and 66 fastbac
My whole thing is it probably looks conspicuous on a black or grey car. But a red or yellow or white. I think it will probably look like crap. I dont care about the money myself as it wouldnt really affect the damn monthly payment i just dont care for the cosmetic look it puts off. However im not going to send the car back when it gets here. Its just something we will have to live with. Something shoved down our throats like a communists decision instead of asking for it. But maybe just driving off in it will outweigh the dissapointment of having some peculiar dots on the back of the car.
Kamaro4437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #35
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Are these sensors being put in all models? LS, LT, SS??? I was still at 1100 on 8/31 and ordered a 1LT. Just want to know if I may get a 'surprise'. Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #36
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
You can get a pretty decent computer for that price... maybe some people here think it's chicken feed. To many of us it would be a pain and inconvenience and to others of us it could break the bank.
$400 on a 5 year loan (typical standard length these days) wouldn't amount to more than $10 a month...how would that break the bank? If it does, just don't eat at McDonalds a couple times a month.

Seriously though...the dealer should have called the OP. The dealer is at fault there. Should the dealer have to eat something that GM made standard? No. Maybe the dealer can get it rebated, maybe not. I can tell you that a stated price contract MAY work for you if there is some wiggle room on the dealer's side...if not, they may just hand you your deposit back and say they can't do business.

The fine print on my order for our Corvette said that it was dependent on ANY changes made by GM during the order period. I paid about $500 more because GM raised the car's price after it was ordered. Did I like that? No...but I truly wanted the car, so I paid it.

As far as the other poster saying they had a SET price and that was all they were paying...well if you really want to push that issue over $400, technically the dealer COULD say "sorry, the car you ordered didn't have backup sensors-I guess this isn't your car." Not that a dealer is going to truly act like that, but if you put his b*lls in a vice over $400 that he didn't add-he just might.

If this were a $400 paint protection or add-on rustproofing (seriously...who believes that crap these days...go buy some wax and the spray on rubber coating and you're out of O'Reilly's with about what they put on)...then yes the OP should be mad as hell.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #37
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerss View Post
Went down to the dealer today to see my baby and finalize everything,and to my SURPRISE an additional $400.00 was added to the list price???I was told that the Camaro is now being built with rear back-up audible sensors,and you have no choice but to pay for them,it was a memo sent to all dealers and it stipulated that the dealer was to contact the customer and no compensation was to be made by the dealer for this add on, simply put, if you do not want the sensors on your car, then G.M. will take the car back or the dealer can buy it.I called Oshawa from the dealers and the girls did not know anything about this,but the area rep. will deal with any issues you have.My salesman said that he will talk to his boss about some sort of compensation,but we all know where that will go!!!!Well My wife said on the good side is is a great option to have, but on the flip side I HATE SURPRISES!!!!!!
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think they can do that. When you ordered your car you signed the bill, and were given a copy. That is what they have to go by, and it doesn't sound like the dealer followed through on their obligation of "notifying the customer" of the increase.
Don't stand for it, I don't blame GM for it, it sounds like the dealer is taking you for a ride. It's not about the money, it's the principle, stand your ground, tell them you will not pay it, and if they don't accept it, cancel the deal and go elsewhere. You can't give into these "snakes" who are giving other dealerships a bad name.
I gave my dealership a list of things to do and/or not to do at time of ordering (thanx to Camaro Scotty's list) and had them attatch it to my bill, and sign acceptence. They were well informed that if my list was not followed I would take back my deposit & go eleswhere, not to mention provided poor advertising for the dealership.
I realize times are tough for dealerships these days, but they have to keep the customers they have, happy.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #38
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
Some of you guys are really rough on the OP. For those of you making ridiculous statements like "$400 is nothing": that's the reason you're having to finance a toy, and others are able to pay cash. I don't care who you are, $400 is not "nothing".
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #39
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Is it just me, or is everyone else busting a gut laughing about now? Dude, take the car, drive the hell out of it! She will pay you back 10 fold ! The $400 deal sucks I know,but it was already said - You didn't have to pay the 5 grand some of us had to for a car the dealership ordered not pre-sold. Plus you get the back-up sensers, working or not they have to help some.....
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #40
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
It's not about the money, it's the principle, stand your ground, tell them you will not pay it, and if they don't accept it, cancel the deal and go elsewhere. You can't give into these "snakes" who are giving other dealerships a bad name.
So he cancels his deal and goes somewhere else. If he orders another car, it WILL have the sensors and he WILL pay the extra $400 anyway....so where's the logic there? (unless he finds a car produced before 8/31 on a lot somewhere)
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #41
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
So he cancels his deal and goes somewhere else. If he orders another car, it WILL have the sensors and he WILL pay the extra $400 anyway....so where's the logic there? (unless he finds a car produced before 8/31 on a lot somewhere)
It has been known that we have some dealers with cancelled orders and have cars sitting on their lots. Please don't ask where, because I don't have that info readily avail. Only a few calls, or even a post in the CANADA section will generate information.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #42
Arkanian
"World of Warcraft" Gamer

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS LS3 AFO
Angry I agree with Tigger!!!!

A $400 increase to a finance could possibly raise your finance payment. I would be and probably will be a bit upset when mine arrives someday never. My dealer has tried to jack up the price on us two times already, and getting any information out of them for the progress of the order is like trying to get a hold of the "President". Also, if the finance company you use doesn't agree with the extra $400 and you don't have it to fork up cause you put all you had into the deal already, this could make or break you receiving the car you already had a deal on.
Arkanian is offline   Reply With Quote