Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I have them installed on my IOM and they were a great deal for me and no issues for 2 years.

Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #16
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
..and like I said. That means a lot to some people, but that isn't a direct correlation with their quality. I started a separate thread, if NO one responded.. I would have bailed on the thought. Instead I had a few guys who actually auto crossed their vehicles, which I won't be doing. This is a DD. However, I wanted Hotchkis and Pedders. For me to get the equivalent would have cost me 400 additional dollars. Eibach has the same warranties, 400 dollars is not worth having a rep on this site to me..

I went with Hotchkis for chassis brace and strut tower, and also purchased a complete bushing kit. I don't think either of us are right or wrong, but finding a knowledgeable installer who can stick his head under the car to resolve any issues was worth more to me.
Oh certainly not, Eibach makes good stuff. I had some on my Honda years ago, worked great. I had considered them based on price, you can't beat it. I am 99% sure I am going with Pfadt, because they are silver. goes with the theme on my car.

I do all my own installs, so I don't mind spending extra to help out the vendors and manuf.'s on the site. Most offer great advice for us all too, they take the time to answer lots of questions, so to me spending more on a brand represented here (since I install myself) is like you spending extra for a good installer with great customer service. I pay for good Camaro5 support and customer service. Either way we are supporting great companies with good products, that's all that matters.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
I went with the Eibach Pro Plus Kit and overall I'm pleased with the stance and performance. The install wouldn't have been bad if the correct springs would have been in the box.....

Once we got the correct ones it went together pretty quick.
Attached Images

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Fcu678 did you install them yourself? Easy install for us garage guys?
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Oh certainly not, Eibach makes good stuff. I had some on my Honda years ago, worked great. I had considered them based on price, you can't beat it. I am 99% sure I am going with Pfadt, because they are silver. goes with the theme on my car.

I do all my own installs, so I don't mind spending extra to help out the vendors and manuf.'s on the site. Most offer great advice for us all too, they take the time to answer lots of questions, so to me spending more on a brand represented here (since I install myself) is like you spending extra for a good installer with great customer service. I pay for good Camaro5 support and customer service. Either way we are supporting great companies with good products, that's all that matters.
Exactly.. I wish I had a lift ..or was just handy lol. I got hit for 3-bills on the cost for labor. Then again I had to pay to have a full bushing kit installed..

Down the road, I do see myself going with pedders or pfadt for trailing arms, end links and coil overs... I just have to justify if it is worth it on a DD that hits the strip once a year.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Exactly.. I wish I had a lift ..or was just handy lol. I got hit for 3-bills on the cost for labor. Then again I had to pay to have a full bushing kit installed..

Down the road, I do see myself going with pedders or pfadt for trailing arms, end links and coil overs... I just have to justify if it is worth it on a DD that hits the strip once a year.
Exactly, that's why I have not looked at getting coil overs, I don't track race ever, and probably never will, if I do, then I'll upgrade later but for now 600 for springs and sway bars is perfect first step. I had considered bushings... still undecided on that one. If I do I might as well change out my rear diff gears too. So bushings is a much bigger leap for me.

Springs can be fairly easy to install if you have the right equipment, but if not and your not mechanical, it's always a good idea to have a pro do it.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #21
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm happy with my Eibach Pro Plus kit. Handles great helps put the power down and still has a comfortable ride.
Attached Images

Manley Crank, Wiseco Pistons, Compstar H Beam Rods, ARP Main/Studs, Copper Treated "hi boost" head gaskets, FI Cam & Ported Heads w/Manley Extreme Duty Valves, Lunati Link Bar Lifters, Fuel System w/LPE Dual pumps, Twin Fuel Feed line/Single return w/ boost reference regulator, NW 102mm TB, 10-Rib ASP custom pulley kit, Twin RX Catch Cans, Roto Fab CAI, TSP Stainless Headers, Spec Twin Disc P-Trim Clutch, DSS Level 5 Axles, Eibach and BMR Full suspension
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #22
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Exactly, that's why I have not looked at getting coil overs, I don't track race ever, and probably never will, if I do, then I'll upgrade later but for now 600 for springs and sway bars is perfect first step. I had considered bushings... still undecided on that one. If I do I might as well change out my rear diff gears too. So bushings is a much bigger leap for me.

Springs can be fairly easy to install if you have the right equipment, but if not and your not mechanical, it's always a good idea to have a pro do it.
I gotta admit, the full bushing kit is pretty damn impressive...

The stiffer springs / sways remove the body roll and how bouncy this car is stock..

But the bushing kit makes launch and braking actually feel much smoother. Will it eliminate wheel hop? No, but it greatly, GREATLY improved and it remains smooth through street handling. You will feel the road a more, but not really in a bad way.. it is still really quiet.

You can pick up a full bushing kit through BMR or whiteline for under 500 if you find the right C5 vendor....

Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Fcu678 did you install them yourself? Easy install for us garage guys?

My brother owns a shop and we did it at his place to make it easier in case we needed anything. You'll need is a spring compressor and you'll have to do a little creative engineerng (unless you have the GM specialty tool) to remove the nut from the strut (I think 24mm) other than that it was pretty simple. We had a little trouble removing the front sway bar cause we were trying to take it out on the wrong side but after a quick review of the directions it comes out on the passenger side. Two people for that removal helped a lot, we didn't have to cut the factory one out nor did we have to raise the engine. I'm guessing it would have taken a couple hours if the correct springs were in the box.

You'll definitely need to have it realigned after you finish.......

Craig

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
SSlim

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey 1SS/RS A6
Just installed mine this past weekend. LOVE IT! Car looks so much better without the gaps and handles much better. Took a buddy and I about 4.5-5 hours with mainly hand tools (tight spaces so thats all you're really going to get in there anyway. A good set of ratchet wrenches are worth their weight in gold here.) We didn't use a spring compressor just hit the nut with the impact. We did jack the motor up and the sway bar pulled right out.
SSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #25
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
I gotta admit, the full bushing kit is pretty damn impressive...

The stiffer springs / sways remove the body roll and how bouncy this car is stock..

But the bushing kit makes launch and braking actually feel much smoother. Will it eliminate wheel hop? No, but it greatly, GREATLY improved and it remains smooth through street handling. You will feel the road a more, but not really in a bad way.. it is still really quiet.

You can pick up a full bushing kit through BMR or whiteline for under 500 if you find the right C5 vendor....
Good to know thanks for the info.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #26
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commit and Conquer View Post
I'm happy with my Eibach Pro Plus kit. Handles great helps put the power down and still has a comfortable ride.
Hey what size are those TSW wheels? 20? And what tires did you go with?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
I'm happy with my set up too

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I have a 2001 Malibu with a GTP engine swap and have had Eibach Pro springs on the car since 2003. 8 years later still sitting nice with NO issues on the track or everyday driving. And it's my DD, I'm getting the Pro Plus kit for my LLT soon!!