Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by truvkngfan View Post
I have a weiand 6-71 sticking out of the hood on my 928 and at least in Minnesota it is completely street legal. The odd part her is you can't have anything hanging from your mirror but the blower (which is a HUGE visual impairment) is completely legal.

I wouldn't want to pull up next to you at a light...

Yeah. Roots type S/C all the way. You may also want to look into Eaton's new TVS Roots type S/C... It's giving real good gains and it's pretty efficient...
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
I would love to pull up next to that at the tree.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #17
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by truvkngfan View Post
I have a weiand 6-71 sticking out of the hood on my 928 and at least in Minnesota it is completely street legal. The odd part her is you can't have anything hanging from your mirror but the blower (which is a HUGE visual impairment) is completely legal.

I love that because it looks so wrong, I have never seen a Porche modded so visibly before. Does your blower have an on off function (joke, i'm making fun of Mad Max, were he has a toggle switch for the blower).
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #18
moto111

Drives: 2005 mustang black betty
im getting the v8 and no bs how do i do that the yellow porshe is what i want any ideas
moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #19
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
im getting the v8 and no bs how do i do that the yellow porshe is what i want any ideas
im just gonna say that you should sit in a car with an old inefficient supercharger and scoop coming out of the hood. not very practical. i dont know if your driving habits with the car will be permitting. I do know that those superchargers are no where near as good as other poweradders such as turbos and newer supercharger systems. sure they may look "good" on older cars but it goes with a level of technology far below the rest of the camaro. and for those "looks" you will pay a major price premium
Old 11-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #20
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Yes! I've been waiting for a thread I could put this picture in!
Attached Images

TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #21
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
Yes! I've been waiting for a thread I could put this picture in!
What the he** is the engine doing in the front. I know it's a V8 and it won't fit in the back but it still looks really really wrong.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #22
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
What the he** is the engine doing in the front. I know it's a V8 and it won't fit in the back but it still looks really really wrong.
hahaha I know it's awkward-looking
It's actually for sale if you guys are interested
http://www.carsandparts.info/colsite...ostingID=28143

Apparently it runs 9.40's
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
truvkngfan

Drives: Porsche928,AMV8,Acadia,Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
im just gonna say that you should sit in a car with an old inefficient supercharger and scoop coming out of the hood. not very practical. i dont know if your driving habits with the car will be permitting. I do know that those superchargers are no where near as good as other poweradders such as turbos and newer supercharger systems. sure they may look "good" on older cars but it goes with a level of technology far below the rest of the camaro. and for those "looks" you will pay a major price premium
I agree, if you plan on tracking the car, or for that matter driving on at least a semi-daily basis then this type of blower is not for you. There are definately more advantages with turbos and centrifugal blowers but they don't exactly grab the instant attention that old-school roots do. The one thing I do love about this setup though is the instant boost, no waiting for spool.
truvkngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #24
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
If you're planning on getting the SS, is it going to be you DD, or do you plan on buying it for track use? If it's going to be a DD or you plan on driving it around then this set up is going to be highly impractical.

If you're going to just be taking it out on nice days over the weekend and then throwing it right back in your garage then I'd say ok. But as bad-ass as it does look it's very impractical for every day use.