Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
1le parts?

Are "ALL" of the additional parts used in the 1le package, going to be available for people with previous SS's... to order and add on to their car?

If so, would the cost of buying them individually be similar to the package or more/less?

Reason I ask, is that I am curious if it would be possible to just go with a regular 2SS... add the important/useful parts, and SKIP the visual changes.. and save some coin in the process.

Not a fan of the look of the 1le's exterior add ons.... But the other bits sound fantastic.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
flintcamaro11

Drives: 2011 1SS IBM M6
+1
flintcamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Are "ALL" of the additional parts used in the 1le package, going to be available for people with previous SS's... to order and add on to their car?

If so, would the cost of buying them individually be similar to the package or more/less?

Reason I ask, is that I am curious if it would be possible to just go with a regular 2SS... add the important/useful parts, and SKIP the visual changes.. and save some coin in the process.

Not a fan of the look of the 1le's exterior add ons.... But the other bits sound fantastic.
Yes, it is possible. Suspension components wont set you back too much but the 1LE tranny, diff and half shafts wont be cheap. Are you looking to do those as well?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Yes, it is possible. Suspension components wont set you back too much but the 1LE tranny, diff and half shafts wont be cheap. Are you looking to do those as well?
Plus the wheels will be a lot of coin.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Yeah, that stuff too.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Plus the wheels will be a lot of coin.
Wheels aren't all that bad, but they are another visual change I don't need.

I'd rather aftermarket.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Mayhem

I take issue with them putting out a performance package... that forces you into all sorts of non-performance parts.

Should have made the 1le package and then the 1le appearance package (spoiler/splitter/sticker/wheels) as an option for people who buy the 1le package. That would have been fantastic.

Although I wouldn't mind steering wheel/shifter.

Just seems like it would be less inconvenient... to start with an SS and build- UP the useful 1le components... Rather than to start from a 1le, and strip off all the crap that isn't necessary... to get back down to appearing like an SS.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I take issue with them putting out a performance package... that forces you into all sorts of non-performance parts.

Should have made the 1le package and then the 1le appearance package (spoiler/splitter/sticker/wheels) as an option for people who buy the 1le package. That would have been fantastic.

Just seems like it would be less inconvenient... to start with an SS and build- UP the useful 1le components... Rather than to start from a 1le, and strip off all the crap that isn't necessary... to get back down to appearing like an SS.
So do I. The third and forth gen 1LE packages were all performance parts. It also let you delete things such as A/C, leather seats, etc. It was a true performance oriented package. The hood wrap and spoiler are unnecessary. I do consider the wheel/tire package a performance upgrade because the wheels are lighter and you get sticky tires. But you should have the option to get slicks with the standard SS wheels, and then have the ZL1 based wheels as an option for those who don't want them.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
ALL parts individually will definetly be more than the package cost. So it's a matter of exactly which parts you want.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
We are already discussing this in the V8/V6 transmission/driveline subforum. Come join us.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237956
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Anyword on if the Auto trans would be a good upgrade for supercharged guys? Easy swap?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:

Since when are wider wheels and bigger tires just "appearance" items???

The hood sticker probably adds $20 to the package, and the spoiler costs $0, as it is just the stock SS spoiler in black.

So really, the only other 'cosmetic' item left is the splitter. You wanted the splitter and hood decal to be part of a whole separate appearance package? So the 1LE would be like 3350 instead of 3500? Seems like a pretty small difference.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote