Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Basenji

Drives: Camaro
Low frequency vibration from 58 mph-68 mph

My 2ss Camaro (auto) has a problem with a low frequency vibration which starts at approximately 58 mph, loudest at 63 mph and disappears at approximately 68 mph. At around 90 mph a small amount of vibration can be felt. The first time my Camaro was in the shop was at approximately 1300 miles and they changed 3 of the tires. When I picked up my Camaro the vibration was still there. The next day I returned to the dealership and I was advised they could not locate the source of the vibration asked me to return the following Monday when the shop manager was at work. I returned on Monday and the shop manager went for a ride in my Camaro and he acknowledged he heard the vibration. He advised me he would call GM and see if they knew of any issues with the vibration. The next day I returned to the dealership and dropped me car off and the service department changed the back left axle. When I picked up my Camaro the vibration could still be heard. The sevice department was notified of the vibration the same day. I was told to keep my car over the weekend and return it on the following Monday. I dropped it off on Monday and on Wednesday I was advised by the service manager that GM was aware of the problem but they did not have a fix at this time. I was also told that 5 other Camaros (new) on the lot were checked for the vibration and all had the same problem to some degree. The vibration was found to be at 57 mhz.
Anyone have any suggestions on my next step or a possible cause or solution to the problem.
Basenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
For a minute there I thought it was the active fuel management (AFM). I wouldn't even know what 57MHZ feels like..lol
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:51 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
That is the AFM. Mine has it to but not as bad now since I cut the big butt resonator out and replaced it with X-Pipe.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
Basenji

The dealership does not believe the AMF is the cause of the vibration. The vibration does not change if the engine is in neutral and idling during the posted speeds.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Basenji

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Basenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenji View Post
My 2ss Camaro (auto) has a problem with a low frequency vibration which starts at approximately 58 mph, loudest at 63 mph and disappears at approximately 68 mph. At around 90 mph a small amount of vibration can be felt. The first time my Camaro was in the shop was at approximately 1300 miles and they changed 3 of the tires. When I picked up my Camaro the vibration was still there. The next day I returned to the dealership and I was advised they could not locate the source of the vibration asked me to return the following Monday when the shop manager was at work. I returned on Monday and the shop manager went for a ride in my Camaro and he acknowledged he heard the vibration. He advised me he would call GM and see if they knew of any issues with the vibration. The next day I returned to the dealership and dropped me car off and the service department changed the back left axle. When I picked up my Camaro the vibration could still be heard. The sevice department was notified of the vibration the same day. I was told to keep my car over the weekend and return it on the following Monday. I dropped it off on Monday and on Wednesday I was advised by the service manager that GM was aware of the problem but they did not have a fix at this time. I was also told that 5 other Camaros (new) on the lot were checked for the vibration and all had the same problem to some degree. The vibration was found to be at 57 mhz.
Anyone have any suggestions on my next step or a possible cause or solution to the problem.
I was contacted by GM today and GM acknowledges the vibration problem with the Camaro and they advised their engineers were working on a fix. I was also advised that no more repairs would be attempted on my Camaro until such time a fix has been found. GM was unable to give any type of time table for a possible solution.