Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
It is just a rendering with the right airbrush artist like Mike Lavalley this will look steller!!That dovetail wing is the best part of the car! Wait to see the car done your opions will change! I think it will be a little busy but still cool when finished!
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #44
Badg1rl

Drives: 06 Cobalt, 02 Cavi, 06 Topkick
its really hard to acheive a believable look with computer graphics and a rendering of a car which at the time there were no real pics of aside from those which were not usable for this sort of thing.
we chose a smoked theme to accent the carbon fiber which there is a lot of....CF hood, roof, lip, and plate in the rear.
We wanted to be a little different with the graphics also as I believe we are the only ones who did anything like it. We also went with the V6 model since the production #s are greater for that model. it would allow us to do a lot more with the engine also, to develop some more product for those people who are looking for a more affordable model, and for those who are looking to upgrade to a newer car that is affordable with awesome potential to gain much more power. It also allows those people who want to turn a wrench to really get in there are modify their car and make it unique and something they can take pride in owning and working on themselves.

the camaro will always be a symbol of american muscle... and we really wanted to show a sense of pride for the domestic vehicle which over the years has been overshadowed by a growing import scene. We want people to come back to GM...to save the brand and revitalize the market and i think our rendering was very unique because of the thought process behind the idea and theme.
Badg1rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #45
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badg1rl View Post
its really hard to acheive a believable look with computer graphics and a rendering of a car which at the time there were no real pics of aside from those which were not usable for this sort of thing.
we chose a smoked theme to accent the carbon fiber which there is a lot of....CF hood, roof, lip, and plate in the rear.
We wanted to be a little different with the graphics also as I believe we are the only ones who did anything like it. We also went with the V6 model since the production #s are greater for that model. it would allow us to do a lot more with the engine also, to develop some more product for those people who are looking for a more affordable model, and for those who are looking to upgrade to a newer car that is affordable with awesome potential to gain much more power. It also allows those people who want to turn a wrench to really get in there are modify their car and make it unique and something they can take pride in owning and working on themselves.

the camaro will always be a symbol of american muscle... and we really wanted to show a sense of pride for the domestic vehicle which over the years has been overshadowed by a growing import scene. We want people to come back to GM...to save the brand and revitalize the market and i think our rendering was very unique because of the thought process behind the idea and theme.
I think the graphics will look a lot better once they are on a real car, and as I said before, the carbon fiber stuff is awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #46
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
"American pride!" "Born and raced in the USA!" ummmmmmmm designed in australia, built in Canada. Something doesn't sound right there...
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #47
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i'm not a huge fan of the dovetail spoiler, i'd take the normal spoiler or the GMPP high-wing before it, and to me it looks slightly overboard on the graphics. but it's just a rendering, and it's just my opinion. i'm also canadian, so i'm biased. but hey, eagles on a car are much cooler than, say..... maple leaves and beavers....

but for a show car, i'd say it's pretty cool
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #48
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
i'm not a huge fan of the dovetail spoiler, i'd take the normal spoiler or the GMPP high-wing before it, and to me it looks slightly overboard on the graphics. but it's just a rendering, and it's just my opinion. i'm also canadian, so i'm biased. but hey, eagles on a car are much cooler than, say..... maple leaves and beavers....

but for a show car, i'd say it's pretty cool
nice. Not sure if this is the end intent or not, but when I see those graphics I'm thinking they will kind of ghost into the car? Would look good that way imho
Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #49
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
WOW! That is so....... ME! I LOVE it!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #50
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I love that paint scheme.... but could I really strip down the Orange? maybe do a ghost of the Seal and that stuff in a silver...? maybe?
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #51
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
Not so in-love with the dovetail spoiler either.

Did anyone notice that the doors are from the concept car? Notice how they sweep at an angle. Production windows are almost vertical. Wish they could have built the concept version.

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

OldSchoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #52
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
love the faded badging

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #53
Badg1rl

still no word from GM yet on this.
waiting patiently...

:-)
Old 06-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #54
csg93
Keep the Faith!

Drives: 2001 camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to csg93
that's definently a car I'll be looking at and taking plenty of pictures of when I go to SEMA this year
csg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #55
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
interesting...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #56
Badg1rl

ok so right now we were chosen as an alternate to receive a car. of the 8 they finally awarded, we were # 9...crushing because this happened with the saturn astra also.. so right now we have a 25% shot of getting the car...so realistically speaking, it doesnt look like we will be doing this project unless budgeting allows us to get a car by GM.
we are still staying positive that GM will help us bring the project to life.
we would love to do the project as we are dedicated builders and really had a vision we felt would strongly represent the american people.
so stay tuned...we will know within the next 11 days. keeping my fingers crossed.