Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Trivera

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
camaro fest in baytown tx ( disappointed in the vendors )

I had a really great time at camaro fest meet new people seen alot of awesome cars.. except for the vendors most had products for sale and some did not... not gonna mention which ones but I'm pretty sure yall know they are... what was the point of them being there if they Where Not gonna sell their parts..... Booooo...They said we could order on line but I wanted the parts right then and there at the fest... oh ya not all the vendors where there also... well they lost my business at the fest
Old 05-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
You're mad because you expected every single vendor to be there? The last few years a lot of vendors took a lot of merchandise and ended up returning with most of it. I guess they decided not to go through that expense again.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
The fest was great, just wish there were MORE vendors!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I enjoyed getting to know the vendors more personally, and them taking the time to listen to the customers. I enjoyed and appreciate their time to come and support our forum.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #5
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Yea....I didn't have a problem with the "large item" vendors not bringing stuff to sell. Too many different setups, too bulky, etc. Actually got a few ideas for the future.......
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
It isn't normal for vendors to bring a full inventory of parts to sell, for any event. The purpose for vendor rows is to introduce you to the product, answer technical questions, and have something for you to put your hands on. It isn't meant to be a sales row. Just like at SEMA show, nothing gets sold.

I was there, but mostly supporting customers and answering wheel related questions, and enjoying some racing in my Camaro.

Tony
Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Honestly, I would want my parts shipped home. You didn't travel too far, but I highly doubt a lot of members want to fill their back seats with car parts and travel with them for 2,000 miles.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
It isn't normal for vendors to bring a full inventory of parts to sell, for any event. The purpose for vendor rows is to introduce you to the product, answer technical questions, and have something for you to put your hands on. It isn't meant to be a sales row. Just like at SEMA show, nothing gets sold.

I was there, but mostly supporting customers and answering wheel related questions, and enjoying some racing in my Camaro.

Tony
^^^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Honestly, I would want my parts shipped home. You didn't travel too far, but I highly doubt a lot of members want to fill their back seats with car parts and travel with them for 2,000 miles.
^^^and This

Also, there were vendors working all weekend doing actual installs. Not something you see at most shows. We basically give them all the space they need and try and set them up so they can get cars lined up to get in and out for installations. Other shows limit to one square and charge extra for more space. We want them to show you everything they want to show or bring.

Some had long trips and had to ship their product in like Adams and then pack it up to ship all the un-sold stuff back.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #9
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I've never been to a car club meet where Vendors would do actual installs. That was awesome.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It is impressive for any vendor to do installs at an event without a full shop of performance mechanics and equipment.

These guys were working out of trailers. Of course they couldn't all do installs.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #11
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I had some things installed at C5F 3. Great.......But it was not fun lugging my stock parts back home in addition to the packed car I already had....luggage, cooler, and everything else.
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Vendors were awesome! I'm scared to look at the final tally, spent a lot more this year because they offered me deals I couldn't turn down.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #13
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
There is NO WAY that a vendor can bring their full inventory of parts with the limited amount of space in their trailer that they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is impressive for any vendor to do installs at an event without a full shop of performance mechanics and equipment.

These guys were working out of trailers. Of course they couldn't all do installs.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #14
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post

Tony
OP maybe we have different views but I completely agree with this ^^^ it's a long trip for most of these guys. I'm thankful to all the vendors for answering all my questions and curiosities. I got to know their products in depth (which is what they probably aimed for) and got me to add items to the list of mods.