Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #29
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
The train phasing was a cool scene. They showed that his progress is slower than Wally's though in terms of speed. I'm wondering if they'll ever consider fixing the Flash Point story like they do in the comics. Would have been cool to see that play out.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #30
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
The train phasing was a cool scene. They showed that his progress is slower than Wally's though in terms of speed. I'm wondering if they'll ever consider fixing the Flash Point story like they do in the comics. Would have been cool to see that play out.
I'd have to go back and watch the second half of season 2 to figure out what happened before Flash Point because I don't remember that timeline at all
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #31
Gunmetal Speedster

Spoilers!

If you haven't watched episode 22 yet, this is going to spoil it for you.

So as we seen tonight, despite their best attempts, Iris still dies. Or does she..?

Yes we all watched the sad heartfelt ending of this episode as despite Barry's best efforts, Savitar does still kill Iris. But was it Iris? Here's my theory. Earlier in the episode they used that identity changing gismo from HR's earth. But what if they used it more than once? As in HR Wells uses it to make himself look like Iris and he is the one who was killed instead. He feels bad he got Iris captured so he decides to switch places with her while looking like her. It would happen when Savitar throws Iris down and Barry is trying to shoot him with the cannon. It make's sense because originally it was supposed to be HR on the roof with the gun and now it's Joe. So in that time HR goes down to Iris and switches with her. And the way they focused on Cisco and HR's little spat about him messing up and they way the conversation ended by having him dress up, put his fedora on, and look at Savitar's spike, it just feels like the Flash thing to do. Especially since part of the episode was about him not knowing what he brought to the team. Making you think he found his purpose and wanting to be with Tracy or whatever her name is. Just a theory haha.

Iris is too major of a character to kill off, even if we wish she would die sometimes because of how annoying she can be HR is likeable but really does nothing for the team. Either way, excited to see the finale next week, should be good!
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 05-17-2017 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #32
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post

So as we seen tonight, despite their best attempts, Iris still dies. Or does she..?

Yes we all watched the sad heartfelt ending of this episode as despite Barry's best efforts, Savitar does still kill Iris. But was it Iris? Here's my theory. Earlier in the episode they used that identity changing gismo from HR's earth. But what if they used it more than once? As in HR Wells uses it to make himself look like Iris and he is the one who was killed instead. He feels bad he got Iris captured so he decides to switch places with her while looking like her. It would happen when Savitar throws Iris down and Barry is trying to shoot him with the cannon. It make's sense because originally it was supposed to be HR on the roof with the gun and now it's Joe. So in that time HR goes down to Iris and switches with her. And the way they focused on Cisco and HR's little spat about him messing up and they way the conversation ended by having him dress up, put his fedora on, and look at Savitar's spike, it just feels like the Flash thing to do. Especially since part of the episode was about him not knowing what he brought to the team. Making you think he found his purpose and wanting to be with Tracy or whatever her name is. Just a theory haha.

Iris is too major of a character to kill off, even if we wish she would die sometimes because of how annoying she can be HR is likeable but really does nothing for the team. Either way, excited to see the finale next week, should be good!
I was thinking along the same lines as you on this one. Especially since they introduced that changing gizmo at the beginning.

I had to laugh again when Iris took of the ring the second time. It's like "dude, if you keep the ring on, you don't die", but here we go again, taking the ring off. If someone told me I would die if I took the ring off, you would have to kill me trying to get it off of me. Stupid Iris, things like that, makes me want her dead.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #33
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Well my theory was way off as I thought that evil Barry would actually turn out to be Eobard Thawne.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #34
strykerg8gt

I like the HR theory. I didn't recall HR being on the rooftop and that Joe was up there instead. That would be a very interesting plot twist.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #35
SS Life
Next Gen Speed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

The newest episode shocked the hell out of me, but damn you really got it spot on.
SS Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #36
Gunmetal Speedster

A Flash fanpage I follow on FB said a while back there were spoilers of HR dying, but never showed any evidence as to why they stated that. That is what led me to believe that maybe HR switched places with her. But for Savitar or Barry not to notice them switching seems kinda bogus to me. But hey, it can't all make sense, it never does with this show
Old 05-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #37
SS Life
Next Gen Speed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Holy **** you were right lol
SS Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #38
strykerg8gt

The ending was unexpected. I'm wondering if it'll follow the comics a bit more now with him needing to find a way to escape. Problem is, when he does escape he causes more problems.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #39
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Life View Post
Holy **** you were right lol
Not exactly like I thought it would but kinda close! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
The ending was unexpected. I'm wondering if it'll follow the comics a bit more now with him needing to find a way to escape. Problem is, when he does escape he causes more problems.
Very unexpected. Cant wait for season 4 though!
Old 05-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #40
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Not exactly like I thought it would but kinda close! haha

Very unexpected. Cant wait for season 4 though!
I liked it. Wrapped a couple things up, built up a bit and them "WHAMMO!". Didn't see Kid Flash step up now did we.

Alternate ending would have been fun: Flash grabs Kid Flash and throws him into the force "...here, take him, he's done this before".

And apparently "Savitar" is fast, but not faster than a speeding bullet...lol. Or maybe she loads her own ammo and loads them a little hot.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #41
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2017 Fiesta ST
I was waiting for Jay to volunteer to go back in.

I guess he said hell no!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #42
strykerg8gt

Lots of teasers out there as to how the show may proceed. The newspaper article from 2024 is playing a big role in these. It describes the Flash as disappearing during a crisis with the sky being red. That would be around the time that they originally trap Savitar, so since they actually defeat him 7 years earlier, some are thinking that Barry will be absent for a while setting up the "Rebirth" storyline from the comics.

I do like the fact that HR is no longer a character. He was the Jar Jar Binks of this show. Now Tracy Brand can take her place on the team as a real replacement for Wells.

Last edited by strykerg8gt; 05-24-2017 at 04:00 PM.