Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
cap_cloud

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Tires Advice

Hey guys,

I love this forum and I am a frequent reader but I don't have a lot of inputs many of the times so I don't have a lot of contribution.

I consider myself an aggressive driver. But when I read many of you getting 10k miles out of your tires, I don't want to know how you guys drive.

My 2011 stock tires have 26k miles on them. You can still see the radial lines, barely. I bought Nitto Invo tires as they are the only reasonably priced tires around here. Pirellis cost $2100 for 1 set. The dealer is out of his mind.

My question is: Should I replace the tires or wait until they become extremely miserable? I don't care if they suddenly run flat or something as long as they don't damage the car. I wanna milk them as much as possible.

Any advice?
cap_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
I start to get nervous when my tread starts to get low. Never know when your going to need that grip or get stuck in a storm. IMHO the risk vs reward for squeezing an extra ~2k out of my tires is not worth it.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
cap_cloud

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I understand what you're saying, Bornluckee. But I usually just drive from home to work which is about a mile roundtrip. So I never get above 40mph.

Most of the miles I accumulated doing road trips and occasional travels.

I guess it's burnout time THEN I'll put the new ones in

cap_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote